Insiders insight gone

AURex

1 hour ago, shabby said:

Maybe its get tiring hearing only the negative when your team is ranked 10th in the nation and everyone posts like we Arkansas. It's tiresome to read anything posted over here lately. 

Threads calling people "Gus apologists" if someone isn't ready to cut times with him

The place is nothing but i virtual space of late for people to post their rants. 

i miss the old forum.

Just out of curiosity, did no one ever disagree or share valid concerns on the old forum? Or was there less about which to be concerned? Conference in/actions over time have added fuel to the fire and upped the ante on everything from ticket prices and favored treatment to outrageous salaries. Expectations naturally follow. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Just out of curiosity, did no one ever disagree or share valid concerns on the old forum? Or was there less about which to be concerned? Conference in/actions over time have added fuel to the fire and upped the ante on everything from ticket prices and favored treatment to outrageous salaries. Expectations naturally follow. 

and there should be expectations. the discussions should be based off of realistic expectations though and not hyperbole. Gatewood left the team and suddenly it's because Gus destroyed another qb due to incopetency. Meanwhile the truth is much more likely that Gus started the better of the two qbs and the problem lies with Qb development. yes their are areas where expectations aren't being met but there are areas where expectations are being surpassed. Recruiting and Defense. Fire Gus us screamed every year as if there is a savior waiting in the wings. Texas A and M comes to mind. be careful what you wish for comes to mind.  let's have expectations but damn wheres the perspective. Auburn almost beat the heat team in the nation last weekend in an hostile environment. we have a fair shout at finishing 9 and 3 with a freshman qb and one of the toughest schedules in the nation. we beat a top ten Oregon. but everything here sounds like we Arkansas

To the OP; I take the silence from *insiders* as a positive.  When *insiders* stop posting, something is up.  I don’t want them to post and put their *insider* status in jeopardy.

13 hours ago, lala said:

Someone ran off Coach being an ahole.   Others are around but sporadic 

Pretty sure he was just done with it all.

That thread was the norm of 25+ posts thanking him for his insight, 1 dude making a troll comment, and then 10 pages of people calling troll a dummy and expressing love for the WITIS weekly threads.

Not being mean, but if 1 negative comment in a sea of positive ones make you stop doing something, then you really didn't wanna keep doing it.

Furthermore, I get it... his weekly threads were in depth and well written, they probably took him a decent bit of time to put together, not to mention prolly re-watching games... all for free. Probably just got burned out.

30 minutes ago, shabby said:

and there should be expectations. the discussions should be based off of realistic expectations though and not hyperbole. Gatewood left the team and suddenly it's because Gus destroyed another qb due to incopetency. Meanwhile the truth is much more likely that Gus started the better of the two qbs and the problem lies with Qb development. yes their are areas where expectations aren't being met but there are areas where expectations are being surpassed. Recruiting and Defense. Fire Gus us screamed every year as if there is a savior waiting in the wings. Texas A and M comes to mind. be careful what you wish for comes to mind.  let's have expectations but damn wheres the perspective. Auburn almost beat the heat team in the nation last weekend in an hostile environment. we have a fair shout at finishing 9 and 3 with a freshman qb and one of the toughest schedules in the nation. we beat a top ten Oregon. but everything here sounds like we Arkansas

Thank you for sharing your perspective.  It seems an underlying debate lies in the definition of  "realistic." I am thankful that recruiting has held up. 

4 hours ago, Sully to Beasley said:

I used to have a premium membership to one of the major AU sites and I let it go. There were just as many jerks (if not more) on there trashing up the reading. In this modern day of "news reported when it happens" I have found the need for a premium membership to a talking head site to be a waste of funds, so even with the occasional jerks on here, I still love this forum. I do wish, however, they would keep their hands off of the knowledgeable posters who have graced our site in the past. I appreciate our mods addressing the issue by banning the most offensive abusers.

Wait, there are places with more jerks than there are here?! You folks need to step it up.

😁

3 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I wouldn't ever consider myself an insider, but I do have some insight from an individual who is very, very plugged in with our Athletics Department. Tonight's game is the most important of CGM's tenure. AU vs LSU 2016 level. 

LSU lost the 2016 battle but won the war. Miles won 77% of his games there but LSU believed they could do better. For everyone who screams AU will end up like Tennessee, theres the other side that we could end up like LSU. Gus and Miles are very similar in their inability to have their teams perform offensively in big games.

I got some insider info

Defense good

Offense depends on the game/quarter

special teams good enough

coach loves double bubble

recruiting on par with previous classes

Did you guys know that Bo Nix is Patrick Nix’s son and he was at the 2010 National Championship game and was in a picture with Cam celebrating?!

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

Pretty sure he was just done with it all.

That thread was the norm of 25+ posts thanking him for his insight, 1 dude making a troll comment, and then 10 pages of people calling troll a dummy and expressing love for the WITIS weekly threads.

Not being mean, but if 1 negative comment in a sea of positive ones make you stop doing something, then you really didn't wanna keep doing it.

Furthermore, I get it... his weekly threads were in depth and well written, they probably took him a decent bit of time to put together, not to mention prolly re-watching games... all for free. Probably just got burned out.

To add, Mims, you are correct.  It's since been deleted but JMR did post that he was done anyway.  I think it just took too much time, even when things were going well.  He did mention other reasons....Kolchak was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Thank you for sharing your perspective.  It seems an underlying debate lies in the definition of  "realistic." I am thankful that recruiting has held up. 

Perspective truly is a crazy thing.

It's amazing how so many people all see one thing but a few just can't see it......or simply refuse to admit it.....and then even fewer just choose to be contrarian.  I guess those last few just enjoy being trolls.

I trolled somebody once recently just to see what he got out of it.  It was amusing at first.....then I actually felt sorta bad for doing it.  I don't understand the troll mentality.  Of course, I don't understand those that can't see such bad personnel usage and play calling neither, so......  This board is proof that it takes all kinds.

I’m gonna troll this thread because there is already one about running insiders away halfway down the front page.

12 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I got some insider info

Defense good

Did you guys know that Bo Nix is Patrick Nix’s son and he was at the 2010 National Championship game and was in a picture with Cam celebrating?!

All those inside details from one man? Im blown away.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Perspective truly is a crazy thing.

It's amazing how so many people all see one thing but a few just can't see it......or simply refuse to admit it.....and then even fewer just choose to be contrarian.  I guess those last few just enjoy being trolls.

I trolled somebody once recently just to see what he got out of it.  It was amusing at first.....then I actually felt sorta bad for doing it.  I don't understand the troll mentality.  Of course, I don't understand those that can't see such bad personnel usage and play calling neither, so......  This board is proof that it takes all kinds.

Believe you are right. And one other insight...have you noticed that some posts seem to scream that something is out of order in another life area? And I empathize.  When things get hairy at church or school, I tend to do one of several options in regard to the board.. 

1. Come and find something I can laugh about.

2. Find like minds on a variety of topics and enjoy the dialogue.

3. Find others in a rough life season and try to offer support. 

4. Try to encourage, seek clarity, or nicely disagree in the midst of undeniable patterns (which some still deny).

5. Simply stay away.

But I draw the line at making or taking too seriously rant posts or the pattern of condescension. I guess most folks know each other's tendencies over time.

7 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Believe you are right. And one other insight...have you noticed that some posts seem to scream that something is out of order in another life area? And I empathize.  When things get hairy at church or school, I tend to do one of several options in regard to the board.. 

4. Try to encourage, seek clarity, or nicely disagree in the midst of undeniable patterns (which some still deny).

5. Simply stay away.

But I draw the line at making or taking too seriously rant posts or the pattern of condescension. I guess most folks know each other's tendencies over time.

Much wisdom!  Thanks for all you do Tora!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Much wisdom!  Thanks for all you do Tora!

Easy to emote in the middle of a Gilchrist Drugs peanut butter milkshake after an hour walk in the fall wonder of the Birmingham Botanical Garden. Beats ranting and hitting the dislike button about all the things that make you mad about other posters in the name of wanting a "less negative environment."  I've learned that I tend to gravitate to those who are transparent about their non-football lives. Much more interesting!  Here's to our common love of the hills of East Tennessee and leaning on the Everlasting Arms. I appreciate you, too! 

@Jonesy, @mayorofchillville, @AUSportTalk...etc. gone but not forgotten.   Some of the talk here is similar to Stockholm syndrome. 

37 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

5. Simply stay away.

Or some of the posters talk about how miserable our life must be because we’re down on Gus and being negative lol...Like, my life outside of this board is wonderful. Wife, three kids, great job I enjoy and its all very fulfilling with or without Auburn football. I come here for the banter, the conversation, the camaraderie etc. And yes I come here to argue a little. It can be fun and eye opening.  I typically don’t get snarky until I read a thread or post where those of us who expect more from the is coach of ours are made to feel like less of a fan or are accused of having terrible lives. When I see that I’m going to respond. 

And for the record for some posters who think otherwise...I HAVE ENJOYED EVERY SATURDAY OF AUBURN FOOTBALL THIS YEAR WIN OR LOSE. Watching games with friends, eating good, drinkin a tad and just having a good time. And when we lose, life goes on...real life, not people getting offended on a dang message board.

What really needs to be discussed is people's behavior when they hear something they don't want to hear then they strike back with you hating a person or you're not a fan of a team.....a person shouldn't be subjected to that just because they are more aware and can notice small things that becomes big things.....that's the problem

Just a thought. We'll always miss some. And we can welcome others. Life seasons and changes of interest take folks away from time to time all the time. It will never be positive enough for some nor negative enough for others. What if, if we can't change it to suit us, we try to find what we can embrace or take a break. I've done it before. I survived! Board apparently did, too! 

4 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I wouldn't ever consider myself an insider, but I do have some insight from an individual who is very, very plugged in with our Athletics Department. Tonight's game is the most important of CGM's tenure. AU vs LSU 2016 level. 

I hate like hell to hear a win over Old Mrs. is Gus' Waterloo. Sort of puts things in perspective..

6 hours ago, shabby said:

Maybe its get tiring hearing only the negative when your team is ranked 10th in the nation and everyone posts like we Arkansas. It's tiresome to read anything posted over here lately. 

Threads calling people "Gus apologists" if someone isn't ready to cut times with him

The place is nothing but i virtual space of late for people to post their rants. 

i miss the old forum.

I don't know what is exactly considered old but when Gus was hired that coaching change as bad. I don't see how anything is different

8 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

@ToraGirl, Rubber Soul, arguably the best Beatles album ever!

White Album gives me giggle fits...too many things to imagine. 

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I got some insider info

Defense good

You forgot. "Bo is not improving". Like....at all. It's concerning.

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what is exactly considered old but when Gus was hired that coaching change as bad. I don't see how anything is different

Wonder how happy the old forum was with Tony Franklin?

Archived