Early Career Aspirations...

ToraGirl

Go back in time.  What did you grow up wanting to be?  Or toying with the possibilities?

1.  Archaeologist--too dirty, too unpredictable as to results

2.  Newscaster/Anchorwoman--competition pretty stiff

3.  Pediatrician--two years of high school candystriping did me in...loved the people part...hated imagining wounds and fluids.

My word, @passthebiscuits, thank you for ALL you do and cannot unsee!

I'm glad I didn't run so far from teaching that I couldn't find my way back.

What about you?

So...how many of the Robert Trent Jones' courses in AL have you checked out...and do you have a/some favorites?  I love all of the "attachments"...special-occasion lodging and spas...but the courses are lovely.  The one in Prattville is one of my favorite places to walk.  I can close my eyes and imagine myself in the British Isles...

11 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

So...how many of the Robert Trent Jones' courses in AL have you checked out...and do you have a/some favorites?  I love all of the "attachments"...special-occasion lodging and spas...but the courses are lovely.  The one in Prattville is one of my favorite places to walk.  I can close my eyes and imagine myself in the British Isles...

About half of them but no real favorite. Most of them had not been finish before I had to give up the game due to some health issues. Also after I graduated from Auburn I never was in Al. very often except for football games. All my job locations were outside of Al.

I have been blessed with my job choice, I was young and determined, but it could have gone several different directions. 

1 Airline Pilot

2 anything to do with aviation.

It is THE reason I enrolled at Auburn as they have an Aviation Management curriculum.

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have been blessed with my job choice, I was young and determined, but it could have gone several different directions. 

1 Airline Pilot

2 anything to do with aviation.

It is THE reason I enrolled at Auburn as they have an Aviation Management curriculum.

Have you ever been to Outer Banks, NC to check out the Wright Brothers historical spots...Kill Devil Hills, etc.? I haven't, but it's on my list. For any who have been, what's the best season? Fly or drive from Central AL?

14 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Have you ever been to Outer Banks, NC to check out the Wright Brothers historical spots...Kill Devil Hills, etc.? I haven't, but it's on my list. For any who have been, what's the best season? Fly or drive from Central AL?

I have been, being an aviation enthusiast, it was a must for me.  We combined it with a visit to the outer banks so there were other attractions that we did during our stay.  I enjoy surfing, so we visited several beaches there to get my recreation.  By the way, my definition of surfing is not what you might get from someone younger.

https://www.nps.gov/wrbr/index.htm

• 2 months later...

1. cowboy- this was a very early aspiration, before I discovered girls, and probably came from growing up watching a steady diet of TV westerns like Bonanza, Gunsmoke, etc.

2. private detective- again, before I discovered girls, and probably influenced by 70s TV since about every other show was about a private detective like Mannix, Barnaby Jones, Kojak, etc.

3. rock star- this was AFTER I discovered girls and I thought rock stars got all the girls so I got my Mom to get me a cheap guitar and some lessons 🎤

Archived