Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

1 minute ago, AUCE05 said:

People aren't grasping this 

2021 at very, VERY latest. When his buyout becomes roughly what Taggart's was, IIRC.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

People aren't grasping this 

I don't think we should. The death of hope has settled on the program for many. It cannot settle on the remedy. 

I don't think it matters who grasps what. Truth is no one knows what is going on behind the scenes. What we do know is there were some influential people who wanted Gus gone last year. Maybe they fire him, maybe they don’t, but no one should pretend they know what the hell Auburn is gonna do because half the time Auburn doesn’t know what Auburn is gonna do.

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

“The Death of Hope”...that should be the title of Gus’s autobiography.

I don't think he would ever get there...❤...just need to keep practicing, because it's a work in progress. 

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

I don't think it matters who grasps what. Truth is no one knows what is going on behind the scenes. What we do know is there were some influential people who wanted Gus gone last year. Maybe they fire him, maybe they don’t, but no one should pretend they know what the hell Auburn is gonna do because half the time Auburn doesn’t know what Auburn is gonna do.

Word. Straight up. 

2 hours ago, CR said:

He seems pretty confident when the plus is pulled on Gus, Steele will get the job. Also says its no secret that a lot of powerful AU people want Gus gone. I had never seriously considered Steele would be a candidate for the job.
He also thinks theres some reasonable chance that Arkansas still wants Gus and maybe AU wouldnt have to fire him.

I think Coach Steele has been a head coach before.  I hope it works out better this time.  

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

“The Death of Hope”...that should be the title of Gus’s autobiography.

Or, the motto next year instead of “Ride For The Brand” if Gus is still here

Lol people really are confident he is so safe? Nothing is going to start to leak out until after the iron bowl. You watch. Tate's tune will start to change if we lose the iron bowl. What is Gus record vs LSU, Georgia and bama? Exactly. Facts are leath is gone who along with Harbert was the biggest reason why he did not get fired last year. The people who wanted him gone probably want him out even more now and will grow louder. This is not over. The ole Miss game did him no favors either. We almost lost to a team who will have a losing record. Wait until 2 weeks from now. It will get a lot more interesting.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol people really are confident he is so safe? Nothing is going to start to leak out until after the New year iron bowl. You watch. Tate's tune will start to change if we lose the iron bowl. What is Gus record vs LSU, Georgia and bama? Exactly. Facts are leath is gone who along with Harbert was the biggest reason why he did not get fired last year. The people who wanted him gone probably want him out even more now and will grow louder. This is not over. The ole Miss game did him no favors either. We almost lost to a team who will have a losing record. Wait until 2 weeks from now. It will get a lot more interesting.

You aren't wrong. The birds are already chirping...

48 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

xT9IgfNPRprdidd3Bm.gif

5 minutes ago, Kaiiu said:

You aren't wrong. The birds are already chirping...

People keep saying we would have to pay 29 million. It is 13 million within 30 days then the rest paid out over 4 years. Like multiple people have said. The money is there. 

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol people really are confident he is so safe? Nothing is going to start to leak out until after the iron bowl. You watch. Tate's tune will start to change if we lose the iron bowl. What is Gus record vs LSU, Georgia and bama? Exactly. Facts are leath is gone who along with Harbert was the biggest reason why he did not get fired last year. The people who wanted him gone probably want him out even more now and will grow louder. This is not over. The ole Miss game did him no favors either. We almost lost to a team who will have a losing record. Wait until 2 weeks from now. It will get a lot more interesting.

Still too much money gwillmac

Next year the buyout will be like what FSU paid. And FSU is supposedly worse off financially than us. So I definitely see it happening next year.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wait till we lose to the MASH unit from Tuscaloosa. People's heads are gonna explode. And it's gonna look exactly like today's game, the LSU game, Florida, and every other friggin' loss we've had the last five years.

2 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Still too much money gwillmac

FSU is shelling out 20 mill for tag and they are notorious for being a nickle and dime program. Powerful people have been looking for a excuse to get rid of Gus for a long time. This year they will get him when he loses to a backup bama qb and further worsens his record vs the big 3.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Wait till we lose to the MASH unit from Tuscaloosa. People's heads are gonna explode. And it's gonna look exactly like today's game, the LSU game, Florida, and every other friggin' loss we've had the last five years.

THIS. Do people really not remember how close it was last year to Gus losing his job? This season did nothing to make people who matter who have wanted him gone change their mind. It just made them want him gone more.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

FSU is shelling out 20 mill for tag and they are notorious for being a nickle and dime program. Powerful people have been looking for a excuse to get rid of Gus for a long time. This year they will get him when he loses to a backup bama qb and further worsens his record vs the big 3.

I hope you're right. 

Just now, jAUSon said:

I hope you're right. 

And if we keep him we still have to pay him a egregious salary of 7 mill anyways PLUS whatever the total sum of the buy out is after next year. So either way we are paying him. Just cut the cord man. It is getting worse not better. We need hope going in to next year. I cannot imagine how much more apathetic the fanbase can get.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

And if we keep him we still have to pay him a egregious salary of 7 mill anyways PLUS whatever the total sum of the buy out is after next year. So either way we are paying him. Just cut the cord man. It is getting worse not better. We need hope going in to next year. I cannot imagine how much more apathetic the fanbase can get.

I don't disagree. The apathy thing is messed up with us though. We always find the optimism loophole in August, and lather up our expectations accordingly.

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

I don't disagree. The apathy thing is messed up with us though. We always find the optimism loophole in August, and lather up our expectations accordingly.

lol SOME of our fans. But that lessens every year we keep Gus. But yes our fans have a horrible case of Gus stockholm syndrome.

8 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Most don't wait until August around here. We have a score prediction thread each week and people still pick us to win against LSU, Georgia and some will against Bama. All we have have is optimism. The reality is harsh to face. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

We are not getting rid of Gus. Even when we go 8-5 we are not going to fire a winning head coach and pay him $29 million. We are stuck in mediocrity. 

Georgia got rid of Mark Richt. LSU got rid of Les Miles. Winning coaches get fired in this league all the time; though I hesitate to call Gus a "winning" coach when you look at his record against real opponents.

Archived