Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

He seems pretty confident when the plus is pulled on Gus, Steele will get the job. Also says its no secret that a lot of powerful AU people want Gus gone. I had never seriously considered Steele would be a candidate for the job.
He also thinks theres some reasonable chance that Arkansas still wants Gus and maybe AU wouldnt have to fire him.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CR said:

He seems pretty confident when the plus is pulled on Gus, Steele will get the job. Also says its no secret that a lot of powerful AU people want Gus gone. I had never seriously considered Steele would be a candidate for the job.
He also thinks theres some reasonable chance that Arkansas still wants Gus and maybe AU wouldnt have to fire him.

Worked for LSU.

Just now, doug3020 said:

The Brain Drain is pretty entertaining.

Its good radio. I know Tate's not everyones taste, but I enjoy the show.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Fire Gus now. Let Steele use Samford, bama, and the bowl game as an interview. Won’t happen, but should. 

This absolutely SHOULD happen. But sadly, it won't. 

1 minute ago, CR said:

Its good radio. I know Tate's not everyones taste, but I enjoy the show.

I love the drunk callers. They make an evening like tonight a little more fun.

10 minutes ago, CR said:

I been hintin' that....🤣🤣🤣😉😉😉...but thanks for the confirmation

Just now, ToraGirl said:

I been hintin' that....🤣🤣🤣😉😉😉...but thanks for the confirmation

I would stress that Tate said it, not me. I know nothing as several people can confirm

Kevin Steele has proven to be one of the best defensive coordinators that has ever worked at Auburn.  His 9-36, and 1-31 conference, records at Baylor admittedly give me pause.  That said, his last season at Baylor was 17 years ago.  I am willing to admit that he may have learned some valuable lessons in the meantime.  I could support his hire, as long as he did not go out and hire his own Scot Loeffler.

Just now, CR said:

I would stress that Tate said it, not me. I know nothing as several people can confirm

Nor do any of us...but to me, this could be the best stop- gap, stepping stone measure to the bright future for the sake of continuity and team cohesion, bringing the spark of needed change at the moment. Baby steps...unless pockets are deeper and will is stronger than I imagine. 

I tend to stay out of rumors like the gus/arky rumors that have started recently because a lot of it usually turns out to be nothing but he said/she said. . however I was listening to a sports talk show a few days ago and one of the folks had the following to say "there may be some folks in the Arkansas administration that want Gus. but a majority of Arkansas deep pockets are still sore that he played them for the huge contract that he has with Auburn! most of the Arkansas fanbase are also kind of murky on him being named the next Head Coach they feel he would devide the fanbase from day one and cause folks to turn on the team" . the person went on to say " that from everything hes heard yes Malzahn is a candidate he doesn't know how high up the list he is. but the general consensus seems to be no too high and that he would be shocked if an up and comer like Norvell. Kiffin. or Bill Clark wasn't offered the job first"

1 minute ago, jptiger said:

Where can u listen to this show?

WFE12 graciously linked it above your post.

yeah, hearing how good Troy is doing really takes the edge off... 

NOT. 

Good grief, \1-7 ATL can beat 7-1 NOLA but Gus can't keep uga from celebrating another victory over Auburn and an  SEC division title on PDF , yet again. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Why don’t they just fire Gus and make him the interim coach then 

Tate seems to think they may be hoping Arkansas will come after him and solve that pesky buyout issue. 

1 minute ago, CR said:

Tate seems to think they may be hoping Arkansas will come after him and solve that pesky buyout issue. 

That would be nice. So nice. 

28 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I would flip my s*** if Steele is our HC.  If you make a move, go for a Stoops type hire. 

Yeah,  not quite sold  on KS as the HC

Archived