Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Your candor is making me feel things.

I’m just really amazed. You hire a guy to be the HC of you team because he is a offensive guru. He comes in and absolutely messes people up with his offense. The D can’t stop anyone. 

Six years later here we are. It’s really astonishing. The best defenses AU has seen in decades. Offense is a total disaster with a inept HC who could be replaced by the DC. 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, oracle79 said:

Hard pass on Bieniemy. I want nothing to do with anyone associated with Bill McCartney. Look up hypocrite in the dictionary and you'll see McCartney's picture. And Bieneiemy has a history.

Let me preface this by saying this is not an endorsement for hiring Bieniemy for any position at Auburn.  It hadn't even crossed my mind.

But that said, nothing on that "history" would keep me from hiring him if I thought he was the right guy.  All of it was roughly 20 years ago and was typical of dumb stuff college kids do.  And the rape allegations of Colorado players, if you go back and read them, implicate some people in the Colorado athletic department.  None of them were Eric Bieniemy.  That aspect of your linked story was specious at best.

I have no opinion of McCartney one way or the other, but I'm not writing a guy off because he played for the guy back in the early 90s.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We aren't stuck with Gus for two more years.  The buyout can be done.  No one relishes writing that check, but if it needs to be done it will be.  And there's a chance it could be reduced or avoided altogether if Gus finds a landing spot somewhere else.

They aren't cutting that check unless they have a guaranteed improvement waiting to take this thing over.  Auburn football isn't up s#!t creek like we were in the aftermath of 2012, Gus has put in a solid foundation he's just hit his ceiling for this level of coaching.

The men footing the bill for this asinine buyout are the same men that signed off on it to begin with.  The only thing that has changed in the hiring process is Allen Greene, the BOT/PTB and the school President are all the same folks.  It's not encouraging when it gets down to it -  not encouraging at all.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

They aren't cutting that check unless they have a guaranteed improvement waiting to take this thing over.  Auburn football isn't up s#!t creek like we were in the aftermath of 2012, Gus has put in a solid foundation he's just hit his ceiling for this level of coaching.

The men footing the bill for this asinine buyout are the same men that signed off on it to begin with.  The only thing that has changed in the hiring process is Allen Greene, the BOT/PTB and the school President are all the same folks.  It's not encouraging when it gets down to it -  not encouraging at all.

Nail meet hammer.   

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Have you had a chance to check the recent post in the "Officials" thread from Pass the Biscuits? One interesting twist that I hadn't heard prior to reading it Sunday morning...

6 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’m just really amazed. You hire a guy to be the HC of you team because he is a offensive guru. He comes in and absolutely messes people up with his offense. The D can’t stop anyone. 

Six years later here we are. It’s really astonishing. The best defenses AU has seen in decades. Offense is a total disaster with a inept HC who could be replaced by the DC. 

So the Steele talk is a real possibility?

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hopefully the final "holdouts" finally saw the light this season. I researched it and the defense ranked 6th in most plays played this season in all of FBS, all while maintaining the 13th best yard per play average in all of FBS. An elite defense that spent entirely too much time on the field due to an offensive genius who couldn't figure it out.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

So much wrong with this.

Steele is seen as a huge improvement and he is right here on campus.

As far as s*** creek. What happens when you are replacing most of your D staff in the off season? It’s a internal mess right now. Was last year. 

The people who did this stupid contract with Gus are gone or neutered. It’s a whole different BOT now. 

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Have you had a chance to check the recent post in the "Officials" thread from Pass the Biscuits? One interesting twist that I hadn't heard prior to reading it Sunday morning...

Harbert lost his leadership role on the BOT. He’s been neutered. Sure he has money. But you can’t be stupid. He was. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The people who did this stupid contract with Gus are gone or neutered. It’s a whole different BOT now. 

People rightly poo-poo our leadership but this does give me hope in addition to having Allen Greene involved in the process. 

10 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

is it in the football section? i cannot find it. i looked in rivals and media as well.thanx

A lot of folks on this site seem to be comfortable urging others to pony up millions of dollars to buyout Coach Malzahn's contract. Perhaps a Crowdfunding site should be set up to help raise buyout money from the fanbase and to show the Auburn PTB their strong interest in a coaching change.  

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is it in the football section? i cannot find it. i looked in rivals and media as well.thanx

I got you chief.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You do understand that was the largest given at one time right? 

yes, I heard that and read it.   I also understand a dozen filthy rich guys could make Gus go away also.   Just saying it is highly unlikely some guy or a few filthy rich guys are gonna part with that kind of money.   

Just hope I am wrong if A Greene and the PTB decide to make a change.   I have never been more confident that Gus is not capable of getting his W-L record back to .500 against our rivals.   And this little fact is why I would cut bait.  

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I got you chief.

thank you..hand written style.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Harbert lost his leadership role on the BOT. He’s been neutered. Sure he has money. But you can’t be stupid. He was. 

That was indeed the newsbyte hint I caught. And the difference a year makes with that change is significant. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Here is the deal, CKS is leaving at the end of the season if Gus is the Head Coach, period. The feeling is let CKS be the head coach and hire a true OC and let them run the show. Profit.

That's what I'm thinking.  High caliber staff don't stay under the authority of mediocre leadership for too long.  It's got to be gut-wrenching to watch this unfold from his vantage point...enough to make you just want to walk away.

i am so glad i got someone else smoking the place up besides me...................lol

Archived