2021 5* SF Jonathan Kuminga (G League)

GwillMac6

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I think it's a done deal, myself.

It's not. Latest info has him trending to stay in the 2021 class, partly because he didn't have what would have been his SR season.

3 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sanogo committing to UCONN. I’m not sure if Kuminga had them in his top schools or not 

Nope!

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's not. Latest info has him trending to stay in the 2021 class, partly because he didn't have what would have been his SR season.

Yeah, but at the end of the day, if he reclassifies, he'll be able to go in the draft earlier...right?

40 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Yeah, but at the end of the day, if he reclassifies, he'll be able to go in the draft earlier...right?

Yes and good point. It’ll be a hell of a sales job if Duke talks to him out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

On the J-Boy show about McClung (part 2, that is), Coach said that he thinks Kuminga is leaning toward Auburn (or something to that effect). If we were to land Kuminga, would we be likely to push someone out to make room for a CG, whether it's McClung or someone else? Or would Kuminga be a primary ball handler at times to spell Coop? Or would Turbo simply be pushed into the backup PG position? I mean, I can only assume that Kuminga is the type of player that Auburn would make room for if all the spots are already taken (such as if McClung were to commit before Kuminga decides), but I'm curious whether we are definitely going to bring in a CG regardless of JK's decision.

I'm confused now. @ellitor just said today that we were a long shot for JK and have been for more than a month.

5 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I'm confused now. @ellitor just said today that we were a long shot for JK and have been for more than a month.

Most insiders on Rivals have been saying it for a while but I just haven't brought it over. He's trending Texas Tech with family he has there last I saw. Coach Crain does still think there's a chance so that's 1 positive.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

If we were to land Kuminga, would we be likely to push someone out to make room for a CG, whether it's McClung or someone else?

Doubt it. 1 or 2 guys would see where they are on the depth chart & know to look around.

would Kuminga be a primary ball handler at times to spell Coop?

unlikely

Or would Turbo simply be pushed into the backup PG position?

He's already there along with being the back up 2 if we get McClung

I'm curious whether we are definitely going to bring in a CG regardless of JK's decision.

If he can upgrade the team yes. Been the plan since we lost on Green. If not & there's a spot open It will stay open for the next class. Remember it's trending another spot than the one we have now is expected to come open.

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's already there along with being the back up 2 if we get McClung

I was under the impression that McClung would be the backup PG if we get him. :gofig:

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I was under the impression that McClung would be the backup PG if we get him. :gofig:

He would serve as the backup floor general; minutes would likely be staggered to where he runs the point when Sharife is off (e.g J'von-Samir situation). But he'd probably start at the 2. 

I think Mac would be the floor general in name, but if you have him on the floor with JT and lets say, Jaylin, that gives you a few different guys who have the ability to move the ball well. It could be more equal opportunity, free flowing 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He would serve as the backup floor general; minutes would likely be staggered to where he runs the point when Sharife is off (e.g J'von-Samir situation). But he'd probably start at the 2. 

That's what I was getting at. 

22 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

He would but his more important role would be the starting 2 Guard. Part of why we are in his top 2. A kid of his offensive talent level ain't going somewhere to be a back up PG.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He would but his more important role would be the starting 2 Guard. Part of why we are in his top 2. A kid of his offensive talent level ain't going somewhere to be a back up PG.

Oh, I know he's not going to be a backup from the standpoint of not starting. I was just making the point that Turbo would more aptly be the third option at PG with McClung around.

21 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I was just making the point that Turbo would more aptly be the third option at PG with McClung around.

The part of your post I replied to sounded like a scenario if we don't land Mac so that's why I replied like I did.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Auburn, Duke, UK, Texas Tech, and G league 

Most connected to AU still say little to no shot for AU.

I did like Evans's phrasing in his tweet "Could the G-League be next for top-ranked junior Jon Kuminga? They make his final list, as do four other basketball powers."

Auburn is now a basketball power thanks to Bruce and the guys.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Most connected to AU still say little to no shot for AU.

You are always such a buzzkill E 😂

89599ABF-6404-4027-868F-B3A1EAF09D32.jpeg

14 hours ago, akillshot said:

I did like Evans's phrasing in his tweet "Could the G-League be next for top-ranked junior Jon Kuminga? They make his final list, as do four other basketball powers."

Auburn is now a basketball power thanks to Bruce and the guys.

We have alot more to do before we can make that claim, we're on our way though, I'm worried that we don't have the personnel to get where we need to be but we'll see what these incoming freshmen have.

It's a shame about JK though because he's certainly the type of alpha guy we need. Wish we could've landed Boston.....maybe we can get LeBron Jr....who knows?

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

We have alot more to do before we can make that claim, we're on our way though, I'm worried that we don't have the personnel to get where we need to be but we'll see what these incoming freshmen have.

Cole, fully agree that we are not there. It was more of the fact that someone national was referring to us as a basketball power. Kinda neat to see national people putting Auburn and basketball power in same sentence.

Just being considered in final 4 or 5 for No.1 player has to be good for recruiting and respect for overall program.  WDE!!

Archived