Barbee

AUApostle

How long are our fans going to continue to torment this man?  At what point will we let it go, act like bigger people, and move on?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

How long are our fans going to continue to torment this man?  At what point will we let it go, act like bigger people, and move on?

Why let it go? He was the worst BB coach in AU history but that could be forgiven. That jerk did nothing but talk trash about AU since he got fired. He deserves what ever garbage he is having to take.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why let it go? He was the worst BB coach in AU history but that could be forgiven. That jerk did nothing but talk trash about AU since he got fired. He deserves what ever garbage he is having to take.

And?

I would love to say taking the high road and ignoring that tool is the right thing. But with his complete lack of effort leading our program and his demeanor/behavior towards us since his departure......I hope we heckle and torment that guy every time he step foot within 30 miles of Auburn. You can’t tell me that the same thing wouldn’t happen in Cameron Indoor. I could care less about the guy but everything he’s getting at Auburn Arena he earned in spades.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

And?

And what? You reap what you sow. He's acted like a jerk, yet he is supposed to be the professional in this relationship. He deserves whatever garbage fans want to throw on him. If that goes on for the rest of his career, so much the better. He's earned the disrespect.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

And what? You reap what you sow. He's acted like a jerk, yet he is supposed to be the professional in this relationship. He deserves whatever garbage fans want to throw on him. If that goes on for the rest of his career, so much the better. He's earned the disrespect.

God loves him so why should I hate something/someone that God loves?  We’ve had so much success since his time ended here, why go back and return to that?  Wish him success and focus on being the best Auburn.

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

God loves him so why should I hate something/someone that God loves?  We’ve had so much success since his time ended here, why go back and return to that?  Wish him success and focus on being the best Auburn.

The day he apologizes for his crass tweet after a limping Auburn got blown away in the second round of the dance two years ago is the day I'll quit giving him grief. 

33 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'd wish him crabs before I wished him success.  Were you following AU basketball closely under Barbee?

39 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'll get a lot of hate on this site ... but not everyone believes in God. I'm an atheist so I don't care about any of the stuff you said. I hope the fans ridicule his sorry ass until he retires. If he would have been respectful to the school that he screwed over then maybe we would have stopped but he hasn't been able to do that. Besides, sports are more fun when you can pick at people/teams. Barbee is our Tom Brady. Except without the wins, success, good looks, and model wife. So maybe not like Tom Brady at all ...

10 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'll get a lot of hate on this site ... but not everyone believes in God. I'm an atheist so I don't care about any of the stuff you said. I hope the fans ridicule his sorry ass until he retires. If he would have been respectful to the school that he screwed over then maybe we would have stopped but he hasn't been able to do that. Besides, sports are more fun when you can pick at people/teams. Barbee is our Tom Brady. Except without the wins, success, good looks, and model wife. So maybe not like Tom Brady at all ...

Understood...was giving my perspective for why I choose not to hate him.

Just now, AUDevil said:

I don't hate Barbee. There is a huge difference between roasting someone and hating them.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I seriously doubt anyone hates the guy.  That seems like a strawman argument.

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I seriously doubt anyone hates the guy.  That seems like a strawman argument.

Then I stand corrected and it’s all good natured ribbing.  Doesn’t seem that way to me though.  Seems like we win on a big stage and some will still use that as a chance to dump on Barbee instead of relishing in the success of the moment.

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Then I stand corrected and it’s all good natured ribbing.  Doesn’t seem that way to me though.  Seems like we win on a big stage and some will still use that as a chance to dump on Barbee instead of relishing in the success of the moment.

So you're saying it's an either or thing?  That's another logical fallacy.  

37 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

So you're saying it's an either or thing?  That's another logical fallacy.  

Super.  You’re right.  Go enjoy the win.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

The day he apologizes for his crass tweet after a limping Auburn got blown away in the second round of the dance two years ago is the day I'll quit giving him grief. 

You can’t control his actions , only your own.  You’re letting him control your responses.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

You can’t control his actions , only your own.  You’re letting him control your responses.

Oh, bugger off with the insufferable tone trolling.

It's just sports. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Oh, bugger off with the insufferable tone trolling.

It's just sports. 

Is it a tad self righteous?

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

He’s a public figure, working for a public university with a larger than average social media following. He represents that school and speaks with, at least some level of, authority on behalf of that institution. He did when he was coach here as well. As a public figure, it shouldn’t be surprising when he is publicly criticized for his job performance, same as actors and other celebrities and coaches, public figures, etc. Not only did he legitimately trash the Auburn basketball program by his management (or lack thereof), he has now decided to be a petty a$$hole at his new job and try to take shots at the coach that took his job and the school which paid him. I don’t care if he gets his feelings hurt one iota. He’s brought it on himself and he has the responsibility as a public figure to either stop the idiocy or apologize for acting like a child. He doesn’t have to, and therefore, why should any Auburn fan feel bad for making fun of the loser? The best revenge is to live well and right now, we’re doing pretty well in his absence. It’s good to remind him of that. 

I hope he cried himself to sleep last night after the loss. Maybe it’ll prompt him to grow as a person.

Good grief. We beat UK but yeah, let's find something to disagree about. And Barbee at that. 

Audevil I totally understand where you are coming from as a Christian we are taught to love even our enemies though we often fall short. But there is a difference between hating Barbie and not respecting him. I have pretty much put him out of my mind but that would not prevent me from booing him when he is in our Arena. That does not mean that I would wish him any harm in anyway. I usually respect players and coaches on other teams but every now and then a player or coach does something to my team or school or says something about my team or school that earns the boos. Basically that is how I feel about Barbie his actions have earned the boos but that is the extant of my feelings towards him.

Archived