Okoro Injury Status (Threads Merged)

Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

In one of my Facebook Auburn groups, a guy who likes to complain made the statement "champions play through pain." He then followed it up by defending his comment when called out about it. SMDH

A lot of us older guys played for coaches who's mantra was to shake it off and play. The reality of that to me is that there are different types of pain. Playing with a toothache is not playing with a hamstring injury. We feel pain for a reason and in most cases the reason is to slow down or stop before we make it worse. How some people can't understand that is unbelievable. @tigerman1186, this is not at you because I know your post was tongue in cheek. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, gr82be said:

A lot of us older guys played for coaches who's mantra was to shake it off and play. The reality of that to me is that there are different types of pain. Playing with a toothache is not playing with a hamstring injury. We feel pain for a reason and in most cases the reason is to slow down or stop before we make it worse. How some people can't understand that is unbelievable. @tigerman1186, this is not at you because I know your post was tongue in cheek. 

Yeah my coach would ask "are you hurt or are you injured". If you are hurt get back out there. If you are injured then get off the field.

He'll probably sit @UGA as well, or at least play pretty limited minutes.  I'm good with resting him as long as he needs to make sure he's ready for March.  If he's ready to go versus Tennessee that would be awesome, but if he's not there's no reason to rush him back out there.

Georgia and Missouri are such special cases because as meh as those teams are, they have elite scoring wings that can go off if you dont have a matchup for them. And we dont currently have a matchup for them. So its like...a 22-2 team should be able to rest one guy and look presentable against those two teams but...not this 22 win team, cant be that one guy, and it cant be those two teams

Edwards should really be able to name his score 

Does anyone have any news as to if he will play in the UGA game?

Thanks & WDE

• ellitor changed the title to Okoro Injury Status (Threads Merged)

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nice improvement. I don't expect him to play but sounds like he is moving in the right direction toward getting back. I hope i don't travel to UGA just to see Edwards go off for 40+ against us :(

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I hope i don't travel to UGA just to see Edwards go off for 40+ against us :(

As long as we win I wouldn't care.

29 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

you can bet your house if he drops 40 we wont win 

If he scores 2/3 of their points, he can score 40 all he wants and we're still going to win. I just doubt he's going to score 40.

So who's going to check Edwards? It was Isaac and Al Flan last time we played them. They both did a great job. Who will it be in the starting lineup if Isaac doesn't play? This has the makings of a "Edwards improves draft stock" type of night lol

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

If he scores 2/3 of their points, he can score 40 all he wants and we're still going to win. I just doubt he's going to score 40.

I don't think it's some guarantee we could score more than 60 lol. 

31 minutes ago, Tiger said:

So who's going to check Edwards? It was Isaac and Al Flan last time we played them. They both did a great job. Who will it be in the starting lineup if Isaac doesn't play? This has the makings of a "Edwards improves draft stock" type of night lol

I'm fairly certain AF will get the start again if Okoro isn't available. 

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

I'm fairly certain AF will get the start again if Okoro isn't available. 

Ooops, duhhhhh. My mistake. I meant when Al Flan isn't playing who is going to guard him I wonder. Should be interesting.

19 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Flanigan and Samir would be my guess.

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don't think it's some guarantee we could score more than 60 lol. 

That's fair, but I think we've got a pretty good shot at it even without Okoro.

5 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Flanigan and Samir would be my guess.

Samir gives up some size but is probably a better option than Purifoy.

Oh the "who will play" side of things i found it pretty surprising we did not expand our rotation any with Okoro out. And that was with Cambridge getting tossed pretty early in second half. To me this either means the guys on the bench who aren't already playing will be of zero help to us this year. Or Pearl expects Okoro to come back quickly and he doesn't want to mess up the rotations. The zero minutes for some of the guys is really strange to me with us being down a man. 

8 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Samir gives up some size but is probably a better option than Purifoy.

Cambridge will probably get the call as well

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Oh the "who will play" side of things i found it pretty surprising we did not expand our rotation any with Okoro out. And that was with Cambridge getting tossed pretty early in second half. To me this either means the guys on the bench who aren't already playing will be of zero help to us this year. Or Pearl expects Okoro to come back quickly and he doesn't want to mess up the rotations. The zero minutes for some of the guys is really strange to me with us being down a man. 

I don't know how it could have been expanded from our bench any better?

We already were using Cambridge, Flanigan, and JJ as our subs. Who else is going to sub in for Okoro? Jaylin Williams is a 4, and then their is Purifoy but their defense is weak, and WIlliams according to Pearl is just not ready to run our defensive switches, evidently. 

that's it unless you want a walkon, and that means we got whose we got...:)

We just need better offense from Purifoy and better D around the perimeter from Samir, J'von, Flanigan, Cambridge, and JJ.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I don't know how it could have been expanded from our bench any better?

We already were using Cambridge, Flanigan, and JJ as our subs. Who else is going to sub in for Okoro? Jaylin Williams is a 4, and then their is Purifoy but their defense is weak, and WIlliams according to Pearl is just not ready to run our defensive switches, evidently. 

that's it unless you want a walkon, and that means we got whose we got...:)

We just need better offense from Purifoy and better D around the perimeter from Samir, J'von, Flanigan, Cambridge, and JJ.

Theres that JUCO kid as well. And other people can be subbed in to shift things around. Just surprised only 2 members of our recent signing class can give us even a couple minutes

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

You can probably assume if he gets 40 we don't win 😆

Nope. He’s come close to 40 before this year and lost.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

you can bet your house if he drops 40 we wont win 

you should know better than to deal in absolutes. 

Archived