2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And you clearly aren't wearing your O & B glasses. lol It's been well documented he struggled at the Elite 11 at the start of the month. He will do well in college & that's all that should matter to us.

Doesn't seem to me like underperforming at one 2-3 day competition with no pads, no rush, and no secondary should warrant a 100 spot drop. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Doesn't seem to me like underperforming at one 2-3 day competition with no pads, no rush, and no secondary should warrant a 100 spot drop. 

That's not big in the grand scheme of things. They think he's still 1 of the top 200 players

14 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

But should it warrant dropping him from a .9561 rating to a .9212 rating? That's the kind of change that was made in his evaluation. 

I've got no problem with it. These guys can only evaluate what they can evaluate. I don't believe in any kind of anti-Auburn bias from the recruiting sites. Especially since this is 100% a Chad Morris guy. If anyone can show me a historical anti-Chad Morris bias from the recruiting sites, I'm willing to listen. Otherwise, don't take it personally. The kid just doesn't throw the ball as well as other elite quarterbacks. And throwing the ball is still an important skill for quarterbacks. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But should it warrant dropping him from a .9561 rating to a .9212 rating? That's the kind of change that was made in his evaluation. 

That's the composite but that wasn't his composite drop. You're looking at the #93 recruit on the composite. Before his 247 drop he was #121 (It's still on his profile for the time being) on the composite which was .9446 for him.

image.png

His 247 only rating dropped from a 93 to a 92.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's the composite but that wasn't his composite drop. You're looking at the #93 recruit on the composite. Before his 247 drop he was #121 (It's still on his profile for the time being) on the composite which was .9446 for him.

image.png

His 247 only rating dropped from a 93 to a 92.

Yep, I knew I wasn't working with the exact numbers which is why I said the "kind of" change. But this even further proves the point (which you also made before my post). 

Also, dang, you actually knew the numbers I was using... that's why you're the sheriff around these parts!

@McLoofus I wasn't trying to nit-pick FWIW. I read your OP 1st sentence in 2nd paragraph as "I've got A problem with it." lol Oops!

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, dang, you actually knew the numbers I was using... that's why you're the sheriff around these parts!

Well that & as @bigbird would say. I'm a...

Nerd GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

That's your bias talking. I'm not too surprised by the drop, considering the performance at Elite. I'd rather have a QB who performs better on game day, anyway, and the kid is a lightening rod when they strap on the pads.

• Like 2

I doubt Nick Marshall would have done "well" at Elite 11 competition.  QB's that are elite runners  win championships. That's not measured at these competitions. They have to be able to throw well too, but they can be a shade behind in pocket passing skills, especially if they can make throws on the run.   I'm very excited about Davis.  He's going to do great things in our offense.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I doubt Nick Marshall would have done "well" at Elite 11 competition.  QB's that are elite runners runners win championships. That's not measured at these competitions. They have to be able to throw well too, but they can be a shade behind in pocket passing skills, especially if they can make throws on the run.   I'm very excited about Davis.  He's going to do great things in our offense.

I dont follow that camp much, but based on the guys we got that excelled there, it definitely seems Gus (before he became delusional) and Chad's style of guy would've largely failed there

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont follow that camp much, but based on the guys we got that excelled there, it definitely seems Gus (before he became delusional) and Chad's style of guy would've largely failed there

Well, Sean White was the MVP at the camp Deshaun Watson went to. I'd say Watson had the better college career.

13 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Well, Sean White was the MVP at the camp Deshaun Watson went to. I'd say Watson had the better college career.

That was precisely Rigby’s point. Watson was a great passer who happened to also be a great runner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

That was precisely Rigby’s point. Watson was a great pastor who happened to also be a great runner.

I got that it was his point. I was providing an example that supported it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

I got that it was his point. I was providing an example that supported it.

Starting the post with “well” made it sound like it was a contrary point. 

• Haha 1

Just now, ellitor said:

Starting the post with “well” made it sound like it was a contrary point. 

Didn't mean for it to, but I can understand how it might have been misleading.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That was precisely Rigby’s point. Watson was a great pastor who happened to also be a great runner.

You don’t see too many pastors light on their feet like Watson was. He was a heck of a pastor. He preached a dang good sermon against Bama in the title game that year. Saban definitely had a come to Jesus meeting that night. If it weren’t for the injuries, Watson would be up the with the likes of Maho-.... Chris Hodges, Steven Furtick, TD Jakes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

You don’t see too many pastors light on their feet like Watson was. He was a heck of a pastor. He preached a dang good sermon against Bama in the title game that year. Saban definitely had a come to Jesus meeting that night. If it weren’t for the injuries, Watson would be up the with the likes of Maho-.... Chris Hodges, Steven Furtick, TD Jakes. 

Gotta love phone auto correct. lol

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gotta love phone auto correct. lol

Haha I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get a good joke in there. Appreciate the work you do for us on here! 

• Thanks 1

Mack Brown is still trying to live down offering Robert Griffin III and Johnny Manzeil as defensive backs.  I don't think Gus is planning on joining that infamous club.

4 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Mack Brown is still trying to live down offering Robert Griffin III and Johnny Manzeil as defensive backs.  I don't think Gus is planning on joining that infamous club.

Although he did offer a defensive back as a QB... twice. >:D

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

there's something to be said for how good Mack recruits but his misses at QB towards the end...woof. UT's bleeding of in state QBs who ended up being all time greats still continues, and hopefully DD is another 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

tenor.gif

Seriously E, do you feel like you're on the losing end of a nut kicking contest sometimes?🤑

• Like 1