Should there be a quarterback change?

shabby

Just now, Barnacle said:

I've seen some of that too. I have a working theory about Bo that I may be way off base on, but would make sense based on my experiences growing up around and playing with coach's kids. But, its not one I'm comfortable sharing with on this board. 

I hear ya. I have theories I feel that way about regarding the defense. 

I certainly don't know anything and I suspect that, above all, it's myriad issues exacerbating and amplifying each other. But whatever *his* issues are, there do indeed seem to be issues that exist independently of whatever else is going on with the team. 

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've come to learn that all of my bad arguments has happened because I say things early. Instead of it being celebrated it's causes animosity. But now we can start having adult convos, I was trying to have it too early.

And not only you, yelling at people when your performance is trash, one of the quickest ways to lose the team. 

You've been ahead of this board for years now cole, and eventually reality sets in with folks and they have to admit you were right about a lot of things.

Bo is spiraling out of control, he has no poise on the field and didn't have it on the sideline Saturday.  Someone better reign him in and get his attention, he's appearing to be a player that can't be coached and that's a bad sign.  Losing the team is unacceptable and Gus has to hand out some discipline of his own, players can't get away with the stuff we fans are seeing on TV. 

On 10/17/2020 at 4:01 PM, shabby said:

This post isn't asking will there be a change. . We know it aint happening. But should it happen? I feel like Our quarterbacks regress each week they play for Gus. So is it Gus or Nix. All I know is today he had pretty great protection made terrible decisions and his accuracy was abysmal. I think Gus has nothing to lose at this point. His job is likely lost barring significant improvement. 

Yes, there should be change. The question is, will kentucky give us Joey back or not?

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I think this is what Bo has been going for every game...just needs to work on his arm strength:

Oh, damn, that's a winner right there. Well played, dude.

13 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

Dude JJ was much much much worse with a smaller sample size.  I’m referring to inside the lines.  

I would take Bo over JJ, mainly because he doesn't seem afraid of contact.

My point is that if JJ were playing in 2020 as his first year as starter, and started off looking like Bo Nix, he would be pulled for Sean White. 

Because Bo has a couple factors that have very little to do with football working in his favor, he will not be pulled. 

Again, Bo is better than JJ, but given the history of his inconsistencies, I don't know why he isn't given similar treatment. Last year's Iron Bowl is giving Bo too much of a leash with some of our folks. 

3 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Because Bo has a couple factors that have very little to do with football working in his favor, he will not be pulled. 

Bingo. The Florida game last year proved it. There is no strategic justification for him staying on that field and Joey Gatewood staying on the sideline for that entire game. Whatever it is, it's not genuinely in service of winning games. 

There's some sort of pending obligation Gus has to handling the legacy with kid gloves.  I'd personally think Pat would want the coaches to call him down and get his attention in the form of letting him sit on the bench and watching the field for a while.  Teach him to suck it up and be a man and get better on and off the field.  It's just me as a father though.   A firm hand and a little time to gather yourself on the sidelines may be the best thing for what appears to be a spoiled, nearly 21 yr old QB.

5 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Has Gus ever pulled a QB during the game? I thought he should have pulled him the UGA game.

Ummm, do you recall the 3-4-5 headed QB monster game where all sorts of folks got a shot to be QB against Clempsum?

7 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

Has Gus ever pulled a QB during the game? I thought he should have pulled him the UGA game.

He pulled JFIII for an injured Sean White against Vandy in 2016.

I am completely uneducated. Just getting that out of the way. Bo is putting himself in situations to fail. I do not know if that is him not listening to coaching or he is getting poor coaching. What I mean is he does not stand in the pocket. I understand to a degree because the Oline has been not so great. However, he rolls out even when he does not need to. He cuts at least half the field of play off when he does that. My biggest gripe is he seems to love to roll to the left which grinds on me. Now he has to throw across his body. It makes it extremely difficult to pass accurately. 

I have not given up on Bo. But if I were coaching him (I'm uneducated) I would tell him you can not look to pass while rolling to the left. Period!

22 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I would take Bo over JJ, mainly because he doesn't seem afraid of contact.

My point is that if JJ were playing in 2020 as his first year as starter, and started off looking like Bo Nix, he would be pulled for Sean White. 

Again, Bo is better than JJ, but given the history of his inconsistencies, I don't know why he isn't given similar treatment. Last year's Iron Bowl is giving Bo too much of a leash with some of our folks. 

Perhaps so....

Bo needs to look at himself in the mirror and take corrective action.  Gus needs to help him do that by letting him watch the game from the sidelines.  

15 minutes ago, keesler said:

Ummm, do you recall the 3-4-5 headed QB monster game where all sorts of folks got a shot to be QB against Clempsum?

I had fun during my series and a half of play.  How did your turn at QB go?

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I had fun during my series and a half of play.  How did your turn at QB go?

I went in, spun around a few times, and then lobbed the ball in the air with a granny throw. It was my moment of fame. 

28 minutes ago, keesler said:

That was some weird experiment Gus tried. I'm talking about has Gus pulled a QB because they were playing bad. LIke Spurrier pulling Terry Dean in the 94 game.

26 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He pulled JFIII for an injured Sean White against Vandy in 2016.

White didn't start. JFIII started started the game. I mean during the game. Like when White didn't complete a completion in the 16 UGA game. Why didn't Gus pull him and put in Johnson or JFIII?

1 minute ago, TigerPAC said:

so, we putting pegues in the "cat" this week at ole miss...for the whole game?

At least that would be fun to watch.

I just don't understand how we don't bring in Loy for a series or 2 per game when Bo is out of sorts which seems to be often.  I worry about Bo getting an injury as much as he runs around and as tense as he seems to play.  

9 minutes ago, casatiger said:

I just don't understand how we don't bring in Loy for a series or 2 per game when Bo is out of sorts which seems to be often.  I worry about Bo getting an injury as much as he runs around and as tense as he seems to play.  

My thought on this is that Loy hasn’t really had time to learn the offense and develop a rhythm with the WR’s. I But Bo has more than Loy and they don’t feel like Loy gives them the best chance to run the whole playbook? We didn’t really have a full spring and fall for Loy to get reps. Who knows.

45 minutes ago, Eisenhower_1952 said:

White didn't start. JFIII started started the game. I mean during the game. Like when White didn't complete a completion in the 16 UGA game. Why didn't Gus pull him and put in Johnson or JFIII?

Yes, that is what I said. Franklin was playing poorly so Gus put White in even though White was injured.

Of course, Franklin only got the start because White had been injured and it was Vandy so maybe that one doesn't count.

1 hour ago, casatiger said:

Who?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Grant Loy. Transferred in this past offseason. Evidently he's running 2 ahead of Sandberg and Garnett. 

Smh. Bro this season is a wrap 😂

Archived