So Gonzaga played knowing they had 2 covid positive

Swamp Eagle

Auburn coach Bruce Pearl was happy they played the game, despite his team coming up on the wrong end of a 90-67 result, after consultation between both teams’ doctors.

“I’m glad we got the game in and I hope nobody gets infected by it,” he told reporters.

Seems like Pearl wasn’t too angry himself 

• WarTiger changed the title to So Gonzaga played knowing they had a covid positive
1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I feel like you could’ve just posted the link lol 

Sorry. I think there is a forum rule where you can’t just post a link, you have to post the body of the story. Quicker for you to google than for me to worry with that..

16 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Sorry. I think there is a forum rule where you can’t just post a link, you have to post the body of the story. Quicker for you to google than for me to worry with that..

@Swamp Eagleat minimum post a link so a mod doesn’t  have to spend their time looking for it. It's much quicker for all involved if you at least post a link. Link was not necessary this time though as the announcers on Fox for today's game said Gonzaga had 2 positives after yesterdays game.

• ellitor changed the title to So Gonzaga played knowing they had 2 covid positive
4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Swamp Eagleat minimum post a link so a mod does have to spend their time looking for it. It's much quicker for all involved if you at least post a link. Link was not necessary this time though as the announcers on Fox for today's game said Gonzaga had 2 positives after yesterdays game.

No problem, @ellitor, it’s just that once before I only posted a link and I was told not to post just the link, but add some of the body of the story. Confused.. :gofig:

I didn’t watch the game, so I was not aware of the announcement during the game.

Wouldn't this be a violation of NCAA rules? I don't know how to report to the NCAA, but it seems like it ought to be.

The medical staffs of both schools were happy with it. Both coaches wanted to play. The affected player plus one he'd been in contact with were held out of the game. I don't see this as any sort of problem.

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

The medical staffs of both schools were happy with it. Both coaches wanted to play. The affected player plus one he'd been in contact with were held out of the game. I don't see this as any sort of problem.

If players on both teams show signs of it in the coming days we will know why.

No. 1 Gonzaga plays against Auburn after learning a Bulldogs player tested positive for COVID-19

no link, google it

If one can google it, there’s a link.

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If one can google it, there’s a link.

☝️☝️☝️
Yeah, we’ve covered this already. Scroll up...

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

☝️☝️☝️
Yeah, we’ve covered this already. Scroll up...

I don’t see any harm in reiterating fundamental truths. 😉

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They should definitely be condemned though

Yup, if you ask me they should have to forfeit that game if they knowingly had positives. That's ****** up.

No problem, @ellitor, it’s just that once before I only posted a link and I was told not to post just the link, but add some of the body of the story. Confused

It’s not a rule per se to post both the link and the article but it’s something we ask of so readers don’t have to go to other sites they may not want to go to read an article. At the very least post a link though to support any statement in making a post so readers can go read the article if you do not want to post the body of the article.

Archived