Fire Gus

TitanTiger

9 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Some may criticize my loyalty, but I won't watch a game if Gus returns next year. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

You can have my loyalty, and some of my money, but you're not gonna steal my time.

I stopped watching last year.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

Some may criticize my loyalty, but I won't watch a game if Gus returns next year. I don't think I'm the only one who feels that way.

Clemson ended up with Dabo Swinney when Clemson family and friends stopped watching and giving at the end of the Bowden era. It worked. 

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Clemson ended up with Dabo Swinney when Clemson family and friends stopped watching and giving at the end of the Bowden era. It worked. 

I remember how passionately he ran down that hill his first game as coach against GT.

I can't watch anymore. Auburn is just a painfully boring team to watch. I dont even enjoy watching Gustav's offense in wins

19 hours ago, caleb1633 said:

People keep talking about Gus apologists, and I really want to know who the hell they're talking about. I honestly don't think I've met a single one. Are there really people out there insane enough to still support this abomination?

Take a look around this forum. One starts with CleCo and ends with Tiger.

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Take a look around this forum. One starts with CleCo and ends with Tiger.

The numbers are definitely dwindling 

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I just wanted to make a small cameo appearance in an official "fire gus" thread.  

Outside of football and politics, I pray y'all are doing well and (for those with families) making the most the time you have with them and (for those without) making the most of your time and enjoying life.

Not sure what was expected of this bizarre scrimmage of a season but I'd still be shocked if Gus gets fired.  But I hope he does, for y'alls sakes, and the PTB make a great hire for you.

We're in TN, enjoying the seasonal weather....well, the girls & I are, anyway.  Not my wife so much, although she is enjoying being closer to family.

Ruby & Emme even saw their first snow the other day!!

Alright, I've interrupted the regularly scheduled venting enough.  For those so inclined, please pray for us as I begin a new chemo treatment on the 14th.  My cancer is very advanced at this point (I'm in a lot of pain in my liver & kidneys now) but I also know nothing's too tough for Our Lord.

Y'alls prayers have been powerful for me in the past.  I thank you!

God bless, War Eagle & go get Cristobal!!!

Praying for you and your family Brother! Our God is a healer.

It’s time, he’s gotta go.

We’ve fallen way behind Bammer and UGA. That’s the measuring stick.

Not to mention we’re behind LSU *minus this years anomaly *
and A&M in the West.

The new coach has to be the right hire. We can’t be back in 4 years needing to fire another coach.
The gap is growing between us and the top tier of the league and Gus isn’t the guy to get us back. It’s just time to move on.

I have this weird feeling that Gus is actually going to be fired, and I don't think the miss state game is going to matter. Just a gut feeling. 

2 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

I have this weird feeling that Gus is actually going to be fired, and I don't think the miss state game is going to matter. Just a gut feeling. 

Don't build us up, Buttercup

23 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I just wanted to make a small cameo appearance in an official "fire gus" thread.  

Outside of football and politics, I pray y'all are doing well and (for those with families) making the most the time you have with them and (for those without) making the most of your time and enjoying life.

Not sure what was expected of this bizarre scrimmage of a season but I'd still be shocked if Gus gets fired.  But I hope he does, for y'alls sakes, and the PTB make a great hire for you.

We're in TN, enjoying the seasonal weather....well, the girls & I are, anyway.  Not my wife so much, although she is enjoying being closer to family.

Ruby & Emme even saw their first snow the other day!!

Alright, I've interrupted the regularly scheduled venting enough.  For those so inclined, please pray for us as I begin a new chemo treatment on the 14th.  My cancer is very advanced at this point (I'm in a lot of pain in my liver & kidneys now) but I also know nothing's too tough for Our Lord.

Y'alls prayers have been powerful for me in the past.  I thank you!

God bless, War Eagle & go get Cristobal!!!

Think about you and your family often bro. Glad the move went well, and that your wife is enjoying being closer to family. 

I will certainly be praying for you as you go through chemo. 

It might be my wishful thinking, but it does seem to be awfully quite around the AD office. Wasn't it just 2 years ago after that disastrous Iron Bowl that Greene released a statement that Malzahn would be next years coach and will be for years to come? He's bound to know there is a lit of legitimate discontent with Malzahn and this staff. 

fire Gus threads since 2016 nothing changes.  Most of us realized when Gus bounced back from a 7-6 campaign by going 8-5 that was the mans ceiling. nothing changes.  Gus stays.  Gus goes 8-5 with a bright future. 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:10 PM, TitanTiger said:

It’s past time to move on. Tired is seeing talented QBs not get developed. Tired of whiffing on top tier offensive linemen. Tired of an offensive guru fielding struggling offenses. Tired of 4 and 5 losses a season being the norm. 

Someone at Auburn, sack up and make the call. 

Sooo who is it that has to make that call? Maybe AD Greene? 

On 12/5/2020 at 5:28 PM, TitanTiger said:

Until he’s gone we can’t see it enough. 

So who is it that has to make the call? Why are you afraid to print it?

23 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Gus has lost 4 or more games for the 7th straight season. 

Do not give me that “who can we get that’s better” crap. A lot of people can do better than that. 

So who is it that needs to fire him? Is it AD Greene? Why can’t you just say it? 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I see a trend over the last few years, I for one believe him. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

22 hours ago, USATiger said:

Absolutely!  Jacobs didn't do any favors hiring Chizik or Leath but this ridiculous contract isn't on him

Greene was briefed and well aware... but people are afraid to say that for some reason.

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

What f’ing championships?! This guy is delusional! He hasn’t won **** since 2013.

I bet he counts the 2017 divisional win as a championship. 

Archived