Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

What a freaking joke. The fan base has been the most frustrated that I’ve seen and they seem to be totally okay with it. I get it , the money ..but I guess they want the bottom to fall out. 

I know, I don’t get why they don’t understand the more destruction, the longer the recovery.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t watch a second of Auburn football all year. I’d be ok with continuing that trend. 

Malzahn is going to cost Auburn a lot, one way or another.

Another season of Gus will turn the fans' growing frustration to outright hatred, both for Gus and for those who have kept him beyond his sell-by date.  

Even if AU would’ve lost to state, Gus was not going anywhere this season for reasons that have been discussed. We will see how it plays out next year.

If last night's 'performance' was a deciding factor, and he stays, I'm not saying it was, but IF it was, and you watched THAT and said, YEP, let's keep him...  Holy cow are we in for some hard times.

The OL's pass blocking was comically bad.  Undisciplined play.  Laziness.  Stupid unnecessary plays.  

Tank is great and Seth Williams is a good college WR when motivated (he's not remotely fast enough for the NFL, IMO).  But there is almost no talent across the board.  After all these years, THAT's what we have?  Pitiful.

13 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Sunday AM: 

I’m still hearing no change this year.

TIFWIW

I have a feeling nothing will happen. The fans just need to stop supporting this junk. No hit on the players , but it’s such a disservice 

PTB is usually spot on.  Looking for the silver lining we will have most of the team coming back, depending on what seniors exercise their option to return and how many juniors opt to go on to he draft.  O line will probably still be an issue unless Bicknell does a heck of a coaching job.  On the other hand Tank will be back and the offense needs to be built around him he is an exceptional talent. 

Just now, wcware said:

I’m done. If anyone needs me from here on out, I’ll be in the bball forum. ✌️ 

Hang on and let me get my hat. I'm going with you....I'm outa' here

34 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

PTB is usually spot on.  Looking for the silver lining we will have most of the team coming back, depending on what seniors exercise their option to return and how many juniors opt to go on to he draft.  O line will probably still be an issue unless Bicknell does a heck of a coaching job.  On the other hand Tank will be back and the offense needs to be built around him he is an exceptional talent. 

There is NO silver lining. Malzahn is driving the program into irrelevance..... and, if we’re being honest, already there. The people that could do something about it either don’t care, are too stupid to recognize the damage being done which is compounded daily with Malzahn’s presence as the face of our program, or just don’t have the guts to do what everybody with a damn brain in their head knows SHOULD be done. What a sad situation. An absolute pathetic failure of leadership at every level.

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Feels like Christmas morning when i was 5 again

I bet I pissed the bed, so that’s not exactly a great source of excitement for me. Got anything else?

8 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Just wishful dreaming on the part of fans. If you search hard enough you can alway find someone who will tell you what you want to hear. 

Truth is, none of these wishful dreamers have the 20+ million to terminate CGM or the additional 20 million that they are going to use to hire Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, John Gruden (or whatever other big time coach they just know AU is about to hire),who is just itching to come to work in CNS backyard for a Bipolar Schenzophrencnic fan base.

One can argue that it was a bad mistake to give that contract extension to CGM, but that is done. All those so called fans who are stirring the coaching change pot are just hurting AU, hurting recruiting, and making it harder for the next super coach that they will be ready to fire the next year.

Change means different, change does not alway mean better. Ask UT, ask Ark., ask GA. , ask Texas. Of course we have an admin who is much more competent than they have at those schools, especially with such a wise fan base advising them and pledging other people's (boosters) money, and with AU being a much better coaching destination, we certainly will do better with our hire, no way we could possibly do worse than what we have.  Heck, we should be right there with Texas, GA, and UT in no time at all.

Oh please.  

47 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Sunday AM: 

I’m still hearing no change this year.

TIFWIW

🤢🤮

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good grief man. Who hurt you?

He dead on about that money part. Posters keep saying the money is there, maybe it is. However I will believe it when it happens. The big money people are on the clock, gonna be an interesting few days around here. 

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

There is NO silver lining. Malzahn is driving the program into irrelevance..... and, if we’re being honest, already there. The people that could do something about it either don’t care, are too stupid to recognize the damage being done which is compounded daily with Malzahn’s presence as the face of our program, or just don’t have the guts to do what everybody with a damn brain in their head knows SHOULD be done. What a sad situation. An absolute pathetic failure of leadership at every level.

Auburn will never be irrelevant. Some of y’all are really emotional about some things you have absolutely no control over. Be patient, it will play out just not on the time table we want 

6 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He dead on about that money part. Posters keep saying the money is there, maybe it is. However I will believe it when it happens. The big money people are on the clock, gonna be an interesting few days around here. 

All he said about money was that none of us, on this board have 20 million dollars. I mean, yea, he’s likely right about that. But he’s not even 100% sure of that. The rest of his post read like a drunk rant by a guy who has no drive and no respect for Auburn. It was embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, AuMarine said:

Just here to see if we have fired him yet.... then I see this ⬆️

515ECFD4-851B-45DF-9083-4F14FC4233D4.gif

Best. movie. Ever! It’s my go to every Christmas. 

14 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Just here to see if we have fired him yet.... then I see this ⬆️

515ECFD4-851B-45DF-9083-4F14FC4233D4.gif

The direction i am heading with each passing minute, about to come out with the chainsaw and Hockey/Jason mask in a moment!!!!!!  

Archived