Greg Sankey to Make "Significant Announcement" at 5:00 PM Update: SEC Leaving CBS?

Zeek

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Zeek changed the title to Greg Sankey to Make "Significant Announcement" at 5:00 PM Update: SEC Leaving CBS?
10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Season ends Friday, saving Gus from playing MSU and potentially being removed.

That would be just our luck...

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Here you go, here is all this extra money. Use it wisely!

I hope ESPN buys us out of the CBS contract. Auburn football may not be trending upwards but never watching another game on CBS would be amazing.

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I hope ESPN buys us out of the CBS contract. Auburn football may not be trending upwards but never watching another game on CBS would be amazing.

Never hearing Gary call a bama game again would be worth the extra 62 commercials.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:
26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Never hearing Gary call a bama game again would be worth the extra 62 commercials.

You watch, he will get a job with the SEC Network just to continue the bama nauseating love. 

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

The day that begins the actual abolishment of the ncaa, will it look like this? Will it be a presser with one conference tipping the first dominoe? Is that how you spell dominoe?

Dan Quayle says yes. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Maybe he frees Sharife

Auburn moved to the SEC East?

Regular season canceled only SECCG and playoffs allowed?

Adding men sports and giving the middle finger to Title IX? Soccer, wrestling, volleyball?

Launching SEC2 another channel?

This 100 times over!

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

So, I'm not gonna battle over time zones but literally anything is better than Eastern Time. Hate how late games go in that time zone.

Plus we go by Auburn time in these here parts.

Complaining about how late the games are played is a sign of old age.  Just ask Charles.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

Absolutely!
Wrestling is huge in the BIG and BiG 12 and I’m sure it would take years to compete at their level but I think adding it to the SEC would create more wrestling programs at the HS and club level across the south. I have fought to change job locations so my kids could continue to wrestle.  

Actually it would be add it back to SEC.

Here is a BIO of Auburn Coach Swede Umbach

https://www.ashof.org/inductees/arnold-swede-umbach/

INDUCTEESArnold William "Swede" Umbach

swede.png

CLASS OF 1991

Born: November 4, 1903 in Weatherford, Oklahoma Territory

Category: Wrestling

The son of Swedish immigrants, Umbach went on to have an illustrious coaching career at Auburn. After coaching 14 years in Oklahoma high schools, Umbach joined the football staff of his former college coach, Carl Voyles, at Auburn University in 1944. Beginning in 1946, and for the next 27 years, Umbach coached the wrestling team. He produced 25 championship teams in the Southeastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association. Umbach’s Auburn Tigers won 249 dual meets, lost only 28, and tied five. During this period, he coached 127 conference champions and four national champions. Umbach’s career was highlighted by Auburn University hosting the 1971 NCAA Wrestling Championship. An outstanding individual, Swede Umbach was inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame in 1981.

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! The Number 1 SEC Game package just went from 55 million a year to 300 million a year. Now all we need is a 21 million dollar loan and WE GUCCI BABY!!!! lol

3 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

SEC will be following Vanderbilt's leadership and will now require one scholarship female athlete on the football team's roster.

Well.... I'm sure our OL coaches would like to take advantage of the expanded talent pool to improve their recruiting results. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! The Number 1 SEC Game package just went from 55 million a year to 300 million a year. Now all we need is a 21 million dollar loan and WE GUCCI BABY!!!! lol

Which 1/14 is $21,428,571....

Let's get it done. 

Wow!  Only thing I don't like is some of the games going to ESPN+, but I love being on the ABC window instead of CBS.

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Wow!  Only thing I don't like is some of the games going to ESPN+, but I love being on the ABC window instead of CBS.

Herbie is still the best college football analyst in the game imo. Fowler is MEH but so is Nessler since he got to CBS. So def a huge step up. 

2 hours ago, BizTiger said:

I really hope ESPN buys the rights to the CBS theme music. I'm not prepared for another song of the soundtrack of my upbringing to go away 😖

That will be the one thing I’ll miss. That intro music is as legendary as the NBA on NBC in the 90s. 

Archived