Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

As a public university, minutes from the advisory committee meetings should be subject to FIFA correct?

I believe one could file for FOIA 

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am usually reserved by Alabama retreads but Sark offers a lot more and has a great resume . Want Napier but would not be mad at all for sark 

19 minutes ago, GTAnderson.256 said:

I would be ok with a Sark hire. There is really only one reason I don’t want him to come here, and it doesn’t have anything to do with him, his coaching abilities, his recruiting ability, or anything really even relevant to his qualifications. It has to do with the classless portion of our fan base. The moment he under performs, even for just one game, the boo birds will come out and start making jokes about his alcoholism. That not even remotely something to joke about and makes make sick that we have “fans” that will jump on the opportunity. Go check out Twitter. Just the mention of him interviewing has already brought out more classless comments than I even care to count from the Auburn “family”.

Every fanbase has a few ***holes you know that right? 

3 minutes ago, wcware said:

Yes!!! 🙌 Out of this list I like Napier, Elliot, Sark in that order! All we need is 1

Swap Sark and Elliot for me.

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Every fanbase has a few ***holes you know that right? 

Of course I know that. And they are by far the loudest. I’m not exaggerating, 2 out of every 3 comments by Auburn people about the Sark interview included some type of “joke” about his alcoholism. I just expect better from Auburn fans. I shouldn’t, and I know that too, but I do.

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Tell me why.

Back ground and story. It is kind of redemptive if you read it. Worked with Dabo and nick. Apparently a great recruiter. Did pretty well at ASU as an OC. Goes to a non power 5: builds, wins and develop. I think he has a very unique skill set and experience where he can do well here as a builder and developer . I know he has a black mark at his first job in Clemson but it looks like he learned with NS and grew from that. 

Just now, Auburnfan91 said:

Ain't nothing but a heartache.

HA! I started singing that after I posted, thinking NO WAY someone is singing it too.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Back ground and story. It is kind of redemptive if you read it. Worked with Dabo and nick. Apparently a great recruiter. Did pretty well at ASU as an OC. Goes to a non power 5: builds, wins and develop. I think he has a very unique skill set and experience where he can do well here as a builder and developer . I know he has a black mark at his first job in Clemson but it looks like he learned with NS and grew from that. 

Also look at the kids he is putting in the NFL from UL! 

And another thing about Napier that people might not care much about is his relatability. He is on Twitter, he seems energetic and genuine .I think that is really important especially with recruiting . Very engaging individual.

2 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Things I like about Sarkisian

1) He doesn't also go by Joey Freshwater

2)Saban's mad that he's interviewing

3)He actually had great success at a program before he failed at USC

4)You can put a no alcohol clause in a contract.

5) His teams know how to score.

I wont say he had GREAT success but he inherited a real dumpster fire and turned them into a bowl team. It got him the USCw job. And he didnt fail at USC. His personal demons got the best of him. 

2 hours ago, AUFriction said:

They are going to say Washington. The program was a bit of a dumpster fire before he got there, and he was able to make them above mediocre. But there’s a difference between building a bad program with no reputation up to just above mediocrity and advancing a program that’s been a little stagnant but modestly successful to elite. 

What he did at Washington was extremely impressive. It shouldn't be dismissed as you have done a number of times. 

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Maybe they met up in Meridian? Just providing the flight since someone said earlier they enjoyed it and wanted more flight info.

I STILL dont understand how you got that user name. 

1 hour ago, drewzums343 said:

ps://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2020/12/alabama-oc-steve-sarkisian-expected-to-interview-for-auburn-job.html?outputType=amp

I would be willing to take a chance on him. Been a head coach before and didn't have only 9 wins. Hopefully he's gotten his act together.

I would love to get him. Just not sure how good a recruiter he is... But one thing is for sure, he knows offense and there is no chance our players would get to the league and be woefully unprepared.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And another thing about Napier that people might not care much about is his relatability. He is on Twitter, he seems energetic and genuine .I think that is really important especially with recruiting . Very engaging individual.

What! We are Auburn! We don’t Facechat or Tweeter!

20 minutes ago, GTAnderson.256 said:

Of course I know that. And they are by far the loudest. I’m not exaggerating, 2 out of every 3 comments by Auburn people about the Sark interview included some type of “joke” about his alcoholism. I just expect better from Auburn fans. I shouldn’t, and I know that too, but I do.

Don’t know where you are looking but on twitter I’ve only seen maybe 2-3 joke about that. Most people are just pointing it out that he had a problem. 

2 minutes ago, feindav said:

I’ve only gone back a couple pages on this thread so y’all may have already discussed; but if the PTB want Steele with a splash OC hire, who do y’all think that hire is?

Mike Bobo I believe everyone been mentioning 

Archived