Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Timbeaux38 said:

I thought they had flight info blocked for the Jets? where did you find this info?

Occasionally Flightradar will pick up the ADS-B data and you can spot a corporate jet inbound to AUO. There aren't too many CJ3's heading into the AU airport. Might not be either of the 2 AU Cessnas. But why wouldn't one of the most rabid reporters have a stakeout.

29 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

So have we technically upgraded our head-coaching position if we fired a booger picker and replaced him with a booger eater? :dunno:

caddyshack - boogers.gif

2 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I thought they had flight info blocked for the Jets? where did you find this info?

But, correct. AU does not report their flight plans and requests track data not be reported by tail number. Still, you can see ADS-B tracks occasionally of the right aircraft type and notice the destination is AUO.

1 minute ago, AUx said:

Occasionally Flightradar will pick up the ADS-B data and you can spot a corporate jet inbound to AUO. There aren't too many CJ3's heading into the AU airport. Might not be either of the 2 AU Cessnas. But why wouldn't one of the most rabid reporters have a stakeout.

I see..... You would think that at least one reporter and the "WE WANT A WINNER NOT A LOOSER" guy would be there in times like this

Merged the Insiders Part 2 thread with the Coaching Candidates thread. No point having 2 threads to discuss/ask for the same thing.

1 minute ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I see..... You would think that at least one reporter and the "WE WANT A WINNER NOT A LOOSER" guy would be there in times like this

I mean, somebody there should be reporting this stuff!  Where's the nosy baggage guy?  C'mon!

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I've got nothing. I've read a bunch of different things but I'm at a see it when I believe it with out Good Ol' Boys Boosters so it's not worth me passing on rubbish.

3 minutes ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Or, at least someone with free time who would want to to get the scoop. Or an occasional post about my barber's cousin who works at the airport said he saw ..... Easier to watch twitter for alleged insider posts. Can't imagine there's no in-person interviewing going on. And if AU actually "wanted" to attract a hire, you'd think they would want to show him his prospective office, the recruiting center, etc.

Things I like about Sarkisian

1) He doesn't also go by Joey Freshwater

2)Saban's mad that he's interviewing

3)He actually had great success at a program before he failed at USC

4)You can put a no alcohol clause in a contract.

5) His teams know how to score.

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

Things I like about Sarkisian

1) He doesn't also go by Joey Freshwater

2)Saban's mad that he's interviewing

3)He actually had great success at a program before he failed at USC

4)You can put a no alcohol clause in a contract.

5) His teams know how to score.

Where did he have great success?

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Here is what @WarDamnEagleWDE said in another thread. Must be some mysterious candidate out there.

"There is a candidate that is being considered that none can knows who it is. Could be Kiffin. I don't think it is and I not sure AU is interested. Same with Freeze. Told no way in hell Gouge will sign off on Freeze. Saying this, it will be Freeze or Kiffin AU hires."

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Here is what @WarDamnEagleWDE said in another thread. Must be some mysterious candidate out there.

"There is a candidate that is being considered that none can knows who it is. Could be Kiffin. I don't think it is and I not sure AU is interested. Same with Freeze. Told no way in hell Gouge will sign off on Freeze. Saying this, it will be Freeze or Kiffin AU hires."

I thought Gogue's famous quote was something like "I hire and fire ADs not coaches".

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've got nothing. I've read a bunch of different things but I'm at a see it when I believe it with out Good Ol' Boys Boosters so it's not worth me passing on rubbish. I will say this though. It looks like Greene may be tring to be a bigger factor & I think most of us agree if he gets his way then it will be better than if our Good Ol' Boys make the call.

Can you make any comment on whether AU actually offered Mario? Or is the Oregon offer too much to pass up? And has he signed it yet or is he either waiting til after the game or another AU counter offer?

6 minutes ago, AUx said:

Or, at least someone with free time who would want to to get the scoop. Or an occasional post about my barber's cousin who works at the airport said he saw ..... Easier to watch twitter for alleged insider posts. Can't imagine there's no in-person interviewing going on. And if AU actually "wanted" to attract a hire, you'd think they would want to show him his prospective office, the recruiting center, etc.

I got the free time but about 1,400 miles away, sorry.

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Where did he have great success?

They are going to say Washington. The program was a bit of a dumpster fire before he got there, and he was able to make them above mediocre. But there’s a difference between building a bad program with no reputation up to just above mediocrity and advancing a program that’s been a little stagnant but modestly successful to elite. 

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

watch his offense, it will recruit for him and why not be more concerned about getting a guy who can actually coach up the players

I wasn’t making a statement with the question.

I honestly didn’t know much about his recruiting background. 

49 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

USC? You can't build a dynasty at USC?  He failed there.  Guy would leave for Bama at the drop of a hat. Saban's getting close to the end of the line. I'm sorry; I just hate Joey and everything about him.  I'd much prefer the reformed drunk who failed at USC. 

Are you talking about the same USC program he took over that was on probation and had been crippled by sanctions?

5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

They are going to say Washington. The program was a bit of a dumpster fire before he got there, and he was able to make them above mediocre. But there’s a difference between building a bad program with no reputation up to just above mediocrity and advancing a program that’s been a little stagnant but modestly successful to elite. 

But remember that was many years ago. And he was obviously going through out a lot of personal problems nobody knew about. He has obviously evolved a lot since then 

24 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Can you make any comment on whether AU actually offered Mario?

With all the info out there the best I can piece it is there were talks but MC never felt the offer was real because of the way AU handled it.

Or is the Oregon offer too much to pass up?

Obviously not. AU could have paid well more than the $4.5 mil Oregon gave him had our people gotten on the same page.

And has he signed it yet or is he either waiting til after the game or another AU counter offer?

Don't know that he has signed but from most AU sources it doesn't matter to us anyway as most if not all feel the ship has sailed.

If Steele ends up being the HC & the way it looks like it has happened if he is hired then I'm done with AU football. I'm beyond tired of this Good Ol' Boy turd dung culture we have.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I've got nothing. I've read a bunch of different things but I'm at a see it when I believe it with out Good Ol' Boys Boosters so it's not worth me passing on rubbish. I will say this though. It looks like Greene may be tring to be a bigger factor & I think most of us agree if he gets his way then it will be better than if our Good Ol' Boys make the call.

If Greene can walk the tightrope to 1) pull in a quality hire, 2) keep booster money flowing in, and 3) set the stage for the boosters to be less directly involved in hiring/firing decisions going forward, then his could be an incredible legacy in the making.

If AG is really stepping up to take a leadership role and ponies up University money and tells these guys to enjoy their skybox seats, we COULD be about to change the culture at Auburn. We would be one of the last few still holding on to the outdated way of thinking.

Archived