Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd hire him just for that reason.  My God it would piss Bama fans off so much and it would be glorious to watch.

Or it would be an impass and could cost us a coach. 

To be fair if he is announced as HC I doubt Saban would want him to coach in the playoffs 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Imagine the players publicly vying for one candidate, the fans vying for literally anyone except one candidate, and Steele still becomes HC

Cannot imagine the implosion 

8 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

If we offer him the job I say a requirement is that he has to come before the playoffs start. 🤣🤣🤣

Add in a good disinfectant bath also.  Like after radiation exposure level.  Get that stink off of him...

3 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think we can finally put KS to bed... I’m 90% confident now he won’t be HC. Auburn twitter is undefeated 

quoted to prevent any jinxyness

Just realized Jay G Tate has me blocked on Twitter? Lol I don't remember ever saying anything to the guy.

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

He knows he could build a dynasty at AU and win championships. He can’t do that at Ole Miss or any of those other schools 

USC? You can't build a dynasty at USC?  He failed there.  Guy would leave for Bama at the drop of a hat. Saban's getting close to the end of the line. I'm sorry; I just hate Joey and everything about him.  I'd much prefer the reformed drunk who failed at USC. 

Sark interviewing on Sunday is great progress for a better end result, but a terrible result on the timeline.  Thought we would get an announcement tomorrow to kick off Championship Saturday, and he will undoubtedly stick around for the CFP run.

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Just remember.  Would these guys be better than Steele? Sark, Lane, Billy etc.  

Is that a joke?

I know with Coronavirus there's potential for coach discussions with committee via video conferencing. But does anyone know if folks are traveling to potential candidates, or are they bringing the 4* and 5* candidates to Auburn to see facilities and interview? Looks like AU Cessna Ciatation N20AU is on final approach into the airport now. Anyone around the airport who tries to catch glimpses of folks coming and going by N20AU and N10AU (the fast jets)? Just curious. Don't want to start a goose chase.

Great to hear Sark has an interview now want to hear the same for Napier and Elliot.  Then it will at least look like we are getting our ducks in a row. 

4 minutes ago, AUx said:

I know with Coronavirus there's potential for coach discussions with committee via video conferencing. But does anyone know if folks are traveling to potential candidates, or are they bringing the 4* and 5* candidates to Auburn to see facilities and interview? Looks like AU Cessna Ciatation N20AU is on final approach into the airport now. Anyone around the airport who tries to catch glimpses of folks coming and going by N20AU and N10AU (the fast jets)? Just curious. Don't want to start a goose chase.

I thought they had flight info blocked for the Jets? where did you find this info?

Archived