Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A new coach (not named Steele) will invigorate would-be donors and money will start showing back up for things IMO. 

Yep. Rob Shuler made this point on the Jboy podcast. A fresh start, excited fans, and the money will come.

10 minutes ago, AuburnWarVet said:

Any truth to this?

Screenshot 2020-12-21 113730.jpg

I'd guess one of two things happened: 1. The whole thing was a ruse to make it look like there was an actual coaching search with real candidates other than Steele, and we are just going to hire Steele as the default guy because "no other candidates took the job." 2. Billy boy really turned it down because he sees how defunct our program is from the top down, and he doesn't want to be a part of all the nonsense.

I said there was no way he turns this down if he was given a genuine contract. I bet they tried to force his hand at keeping/hiring certain people. We’re a complete mess and a complete joke. Miss State, Ole Miss, and A&M hired exactly who they wanted. We got a sunbelt guy turning us down. I hate this ****. 

Any leak that isn’t Sark accepting is bad. Who would leak this?

Would AU ? Only if they DON’T except him to say yes.. Gives them cover to go to the next man up when he says no. 
If AU expects a yes, they wouldn’t have leaked it 
Said this yesterday about the Auburn offered Sark leak... 

Looks like the same could be said about the Nap leak 

considering our past coaching hires this is par for the course. We will hire someone out of left field that nobody wants, like bill clark. It is what we do. Every time. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Tony Elliott straight up declined an interview offer. He was not interested. Billy was obviously very interested in the job in order to come interview. Something said during it made him decline. Ain’t no other explanation. 

Im sure something was said to the effect of you have to keep the DC here as we pay him too much.

Gotta love how Auburn Football will continue to be run into the ground just so a few dip sh**s, who know less about football than my European wife, can have it as their play thing.

Just now, AubieinNC2009 said:

Im sure something was said to the effect of you have to keep the DC here as we pay him too much.

Absolutely that. Tie the current staff to everyone so they’ll all turn it down and a Steele default will be inevitable but “not their fault” because they really “tried”. I’m sick. 

Archived