Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have really enjoyed the years I lurked on here and my short time posting. I have become too invested in this. I love Auburn and always will, but this is free market capitalism and if I don’t like the product or it’s management my only way to show that is to stop buying it or giving it money of any kind. If they surprise me with a hire I will be back but not as long as KS is here. War Eagle guys. Give’em Hell

I honestly feel like Jboy just tweeted. This is our Rich Rod moment. How are we gonna handle it? This could decide Auburn football for the next 15+ years. 

5 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Saw someone mention Rich Rod? Thoughts? 

That is one of the dumbest recommendations I have read on here.

1 minute ago, tbone1430 said:

I honestly feel like Jboy just tweeted. This is our Rich Rod moment. How are we gonna handle it? This could decide Auburn football for the next 15+ years. 

A good program would go all in on another, bigger candidate.........what we do and who we are we will see.

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just don't believe it. There's gotta be something we can do. Up the offer?

Not the point.

JGT just posted that he turned us down because we wouldn't give him full control over staff decisions.  Our money people f'd up again.

Just now, Auburn2Eugene said:

Interesting the servers cant handle the traffic. Multiple times today it has crashed

Yep. I am like is the Auburn Mafia striking again?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is one of the dumbest recommendations I have read on here.

I have discovered that many of us do not understand context at all.

Not you

This is getting sadder by the minute!

1 minute ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I have discovered that many of us do not understand context at all

From what I seen, JBOY tweeted this is a rich rod moment and someone took that as, this could be a potential name. That is how all of these dumb rumors get started. "Sources"

Just now, Tony4AU said:

I was passing along the name from Twitter verse

As someone else posted, they said it was our Rich Rod moment.

Meaning Rich Rod accepted the bama job then backed out and they went and got Saban. 

Context. Its more important than some of us give it credit for apparently.

2 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

There's no way to handle it we've totally ****** this and it's over.

Napier was our last good option. The rest are all trash or aren't coming here anyways. This is a dark dark dark moment for Auburn football.

Unless they nut up and go steal Cristobal or say **** it and grab Freeze we're done. We're considering the coach of UAB... he's lost pretty much 5 games every year there. I know the circumstances but I'd say he's 70% chance of being a bust.

We will be lucky to win 6 games next year. How we ****** this Napier hire is beyond me. I'm hoping everyone is wrong or we're sending another offer or something.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not the point.

JGT just posted that he turned us down because we wouldn't give him full control over staff decisions.  Our money people f'd up again.

Good for Coach Napier. I admire and respect him more for that

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not the point.

That's like a minimal requirement for a coach to go anywhere. 

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just don't believe it. There's gotta be something we can do. Up the offer?

apparently Napier wanted full control and they said no...so Napier said no and good for him.. . it is just a $hit show .. no way we can get a good coach in if he can't have total control. 

Archived