Honest first reactions?

CleCoTiger

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sounds familiar only no sore throat and I had some fever. Also ached in places I did not know I owned. Hopefully worst is behind you. Keep us posted. My Dr. did advise D3 5000IU, C 1000mg, Zinc 1000mg, 1 aspirin 325, daily.

I’m been doing D for weeks. Started C and Zinc a couple days ago and walking around a lot. Trying to sleep on stomach or side not back. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

My honest first reaction was surprise, followed by relief.

It wasn't expected, and it wasn't as bad as I feared it was about to be.

You though they might bring back Terry Bowden, huh? </duck> ;) 

1 minute ago, CleCoTiger said:

That might have been a new low.

I was worried we were about to be in major "settle for" mode.  Neal Brown, Rhett Lashlee, or Kevin Steele.  Once I realized who it was I thought, "Not bad, Mr. Greene."

It was so out of left field that I honestly didn't know what to think. That was my immediate, like, very first thought (or absence thereof) after I read it.

The next thought was, "I don't know if this guy is gonna win here, but I LOVE the hire because this is the exact opposite of JABA." 

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m been doing D for weeks. Started C and Zinc a couple days ago and walking around a lot. Trying to sleep on stomach or side not back. 

I've read that you should sleep on your back or side if you have Covid but every time I see a picture of a covid patIent in the hospital they are on their back. Hope you get better soon.

Welcome aboard Coach Harsin,  WDE !!!  looks like great a hire to me, I just hope he has the good sense not to listen to all the "experts" on these boards  and we just let him do his job. 

My initial reaction is I don't know much about this guy. I have watched Boise play on their ugly blue field and they were always solid but I didn't know Harshin's background at all.  I was happy it was not Steele but that may have been more because of all the unsubstantiated rumors saying he backed stabbed Gus.

A few things have come to light it was a more organized search then what we were initially told but certain boosters did cause issues because of wanting Steele but I have seen nothing to prove that Steele colluded with those boosters maybe he did maybe he didn't I just never thought Steele would make a good HC which is why I was against him.

Back to Harshin I started to research him and the more I read the happier I was with the selection. I loved his initial interview but being a good public speaker does not make you a good coach. Winning everywhere he goes does. He is passionate and reading what ex-players say about him they would run through a wall for him. He is extremely organized in planning practices and teaching players. He has been great recruiter and will expand our footprint to the West Coast. 

I am now waiting on his staff hires I would like to see some people with SEC roots to help recruiting in Ga, Fla, Al. I would also like some of his disciples to help recruiting in Texas, and West coast.  Auburn because of locations needs to recruit well in Ga., Fla. Al. but key players from other regions can make a difference. 

My big fear is his coming in with a weak recruiting class thanks to  Gus and timing of letting Gus go and not being able to stop transfers and having a bad 1st year and some quote unquote fans wanting to get rid of him before he has had a real chance to recruit his players and implement his system. We have to be patient but not as patient as we were with Gus.

My gut feeling after researching is we are going to be very happy with this hire.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I've read that you should sleep on your back or side if you have Covid but every time I see a picture of a covid patIent in the hospital they are on their back. Hope you get better soon.

I’m positive. Other than the sneezing and headache I’ve been much sicker than this before. Still taste, no fever. Got zpack. Thanks for the well wishes. I’m going to survive. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I don’t know for sure. But I wake up ok. Go t work. Put on mask an hour later throat is sore. Rebreathing toxins? 

Idk, never heard of that before. I guess @DAG or somebody else like that would know much more than myself though

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Idk, never heard of that before. I guess @DAG or somebody else like that would know much more than myself though

@alexava

it could be a couple reasons 

1. strain of the voice . For one, we have to talk louder since people can’t hear us or even see our mouths when we talk. At times I catch myself having to repeat things more and louder 

2. mask hygiene. 

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

@alexava

it could be a couple reasons 

1. strain of the voice . For one, we have to talk louder since people can’t hear us or even see our mouths when we talk. At times I catch myself having to repeat things more and louder 

2. mask hygiene. 

I get a clean mask every day. The cloth homemade type are worse than the surgical masks as far as the soreness. You are probably right about voice strain too. 

another thought could be the washing detergent residue in the washed mask?

3 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

*sidenote* He was just hired at University of Louisiana-Monroe. Didn’t know if it had been mentioned elsewhere

*ETA- I see that it was mentioned in the rivals section. 

Carry on.

14 hours ago, alexava said:

I’m positive. Other than the sneezing and headache I’ve been much sicker than this before. Still taste, no fever. Got zpack. Thanks for the well wishes. I’m going to survive. 

Have a great quarantine alex. I watched a lot of nature documentaries. Some good ones about polar bears, lions, hyenas, etc.......you will be fine.

15 hours ago, alexava said:

I get a clean mask every day. The cloth homemade type are worse than the surgical masks as far as the soreness. You are probably right about voice strain too. 

another thought could be the washing detergent residue in the washed mask?

Cloth mask build up residue very , very easy . I don’t know what your everyday life style is but I would just be sure to really watch where your hands are going , not leaving the mask around, good dental hygiene , etc, etc

On 12/28/2020 at 2:46 PM, alexava said:

i hope you get better. also someone told me you take massive amounts of zinc and after a couple or months or so you cut it in half or something similar to keep the zink from harming your body. might be worth looking into. again i hope you get better soon.

Honest first reaction: Pleasantly surprised.

My 1st choice was Cristobal. Second was Napier. I also liked Sark.

I was aware of Harsin, and he was on my “list” of coaches to pay attention to. His name always came up with any coaching search in the PAC-12, and I was a little surprised his name did not come up with Texas, but it appears the recent Texas stuff was purely an attempt by the boosters to see if Urban Meyer was available.

My concern about Harsin is his lack of recruiting experience in the southeast, but I honestly think program philosophy is more important. We have recruited reasonably well but we have had severe program problems (player development, coaching philosophy conflicts, etc.).

I hope the truth comes out about this search. I want to know if we really were high on Cristobal but blew it. I want to know why we were half-hearted about Napier. I want to know if Sark really tried to play us. I want to know if Bill Clark is really the lying sack of manure he appeared to be. I want to know why there were such wildly conflicting stories/rumors between the pay sites and Twitter/podcasts/AUF.

Maybe Harsin is “Cristobal-lite”. Maybe Napier’s “Saban Mini-Me” is overrated. We will see.

That said, I think Harsin is a polar opposite of Gus in many ways, and may be a shot in the arm we need. I don’t know that we have seen a coach with such a hard edged personality since Dye. It was surreal to see the chemistry between Allen Greene and Harsin. They will sink or swim together. If we want the PTB to be put in their place, we have to want Harsin to be successful.

Archived