Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

His inaccuracies come from poor mechanics and coaching. 

He's got enough arm talent to be successful in college 

south Alabama/ maybe U A B -Troy??

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never played or coached one single down of organized football but it is pretty obvious even to me that Bo is not very accurate even if there is NO pressure or it is a short throw. 

3 hours ago, AUFriction said:

If you are talking about me, I didn’t say he was better. I said his ceiling was higher. Mac Jones is a better QB right now, hands down. Mac Jones has just also had an easier job than Bo has. The scouting report of Jones out of high school said that he was a great decision maker and an accurate thrower on the short to intermediate routes. His weaknesses were his arm strength, his deep throw accuracy, and his pocket presence under pressure.  

Notice how those weaknesses don’t exist anymore. Coached up

6 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I expect to get ‘raped over the coals’ for this, but here goes.

I don’t trust any QB that Gus recruited out of HS and has coached. I’m seeing the same type of inconsistent, bad technique and mechanics for the second year in a row. I will not be shocked or disappointed if he isn’t in the mix next season.

regardless of what some on here will tell you you have every right to post your opinion on here.

5 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

For me, it’s not really about Bo so much as it is Gus.  Unless Bo is an exception, which I don’t think he is, Gus did not develop one solitary QB that he recruited out of HS. In 8 years...not ONE. Which is bad scouting and bad coaching; a recipe for what we’ve seen for a second straight year.  Bo probably should get a mulligan, but next year we’ll know for sure either way.

i hope it clicks for bo because most of the sports guys in the country said he was a great talent that was regressing. i will pull for any young man who wears the orange and blue and works hard to improve.

13 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Bo is a good QB with great potential and a tough as nails leader.  I have no doubt he will be the QB next year.  He is still a young QB with a few bad habits a good coach could help him fix.  The coaches have failed him he hasn’t failed the coaches.  I love the fact that we have a kid with the kind of guts he shows to lead this team.  What he needs is a decent O line and a good QB coach to work with him. 

That's our problem as a program right there

17 hours ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Mac also has 5x the talent around him. This isn't a single issue. Its multifaceted. 

I would agree... but he throws one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen.  Will be interesting to see how well he performs without that oLine... but again, that doesn’t change how accurate he is deep. I’ve seen many QBs have all day and still not be very accurate deep. 

Bo hasn’t had much opportunity to be good with a piss poor oLine and WR that seem to run a single route. The scheming has given Bo no help and it appears the “developers” can seem to develop QB. 

with a new staff, it’ll be interesting to see if Bo can move forward some. Get some foot mechanics going and learn to climb the pocket instead of bailing early out of the pocket. I have no idea if Bo can be elite...but he’s what we got right now and I sure as hell hope he can be at least manageable next year. 

1 hour ago, Bathel said:

I would agree... but he throws one of the best deep balls I’ve ever seen.  Will be interesting to see how well he performs without that oLine... but again, that doesn’t change how accurate he is deep. I’ve seen many QBs have all day and still not be very accurate deep. 

Bo hasn’t had much opportunity to be good with a piss poor oLine and WR that seem to run a single route. The scheming has given Bo no help and it appears the “developers” can seem to develop QB. 

with a new staff, it’ll be interesting to see if Bo can move forward some. Get some foot mechanics going and learn to climb the pocket instead of bailing early out of the pocket. I have no idea if Bo can be elite...but he’s what we got right now and I sure as hell hope he can be at least manageable next year. 

Not arguing with your overall view, but Bo does NOT throw a good deep ball at all.

He consistently couldn't lead the WR to the ball, couldn't have enough touch on it to even get Schwartz to catch up to it most of the time, and he does not throw accurately enough, and for sure consistent enough to place the ball on sideline throws, slants, etc.. to give the WR a good ball.

He for now is a thrower or a slinger not a passer...

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Not arguing with your overall view, but Bo does NOT throw a good deep ball at all.

He consistently couldn't lead the WR to the ball, couldn't have enough touch on it to even get Schwartz to catch up to it most of the time, and he does not throw accurately enough, and for sure consistent enough to place the ball on sideline throws, slants, etc.. to give the WR a good ball.

He for now is a thrower or a slinger not a passer...

I think he is talking about Mac's deep ball throws, not Nix.

I don’t think Bo would be a lower tier SRC QB with an Alabama level OL. I still don’t think he’d be what somr guys project him to be. And I dont think he’d necessarily work in their system, bc I don’t think he’s a purely drop back multiple read guy. 

The receiver talent will be there for at least another two seasons. OL will probably take 3 seasons minimum to look like how you’d want it. Hopefully by his senior year, there’s a complete picture of what he is, whether that be good or bad. I hate how many auburn talents end up as what coulda beens 

On Auburn's last TD drive when Nix came back in after the injury, ironically, looked like the best version of Bo. Bo threw two beautiful strikes in the pocket and I think that had much to do with the fact he couldn't count on his mobility to bail him out in the moment.

I'll reserve judgement against Nix until next year. It just seems to me that the bad habits he picked up as 2019 progressed didn't get fixed in the offseason due to the lack of offseason. Harsin has developed some QBs and I feel confident he can get Nix back on track.

I would encourage everyone to look at DD's highlights from Dallas Northshore.  He has better mechanics, a better arm and can run better than Nix; all now.   

As for Nix and his 5 star rating and his potential; those are the same "experts" that had Jeremy Johnson all everything.  At some point potential and performance meet.  In Nix's case, that has already happened.  The only thing I would add to the list of his shortcomings is un-coachable.  He would have been great at Auburn in 1981 running the wishbone...he can throw a little, can hand off, run well and is tough.  That's about it.  

12 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I would encourage everyone to look at DD's highlights from Dallas Northshore.  He has better mechanics, a better arm and can run better than Nix; all now.   

As for Nix and his 5 star rating and his potential; those are the same "experts" that had Jeremy Johnson all everything.  At some point potential and performance meet.  In Nix's case, that has already happened.  The only thing I would add to the list of his shortcomings is un-coachable.  He would have been great at Auburn in 1981 running the wishbone...he can throw a little, can hand off, run well and is tough.  That's about it.  

Houston not Dallas

42 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

On Auburn's last TD drive when Nix came back in after the injury, ironically, looked like the best version of Bo. Bo threw two beautiful strikes in the pocket and I think that had much to do with the fact he couldn't count on his mobility to bail him out in the moment.

Interesting...coach needs to take a bat to his knees before every game.

I don't know about Bo.  Even Trevor Lawrence looked bad with a line that couldn't protect him.  That said, his downfield completion % has to improve or we need to move on.

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't know about Bo.  Even Trevor Lawrence looked bad with a line that couldn't protect him.  That said, his downfield completion % has to improve or we need to move on.

Lol if bad us 70% 400 yards and 2 td and 1 int please let Bo get to the bad level and I'll be happy

I was his biggest fan coming out of high school. He was a winner, he was tough, and I thought that he would lead us to the promised land.
But watching him the last 2 years, it is obvious that he has some major deficiencies that the old coaching staff could not work through. I am not sure if anyone can work through them but I hope the new OC can fix a few of them... 

we will see. 

13 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Interesting...coach needs to take a bat to his knees before every game.

Or at least threaten to, lol. Bo just needs a little negative reinforcement to get him over the hump.

6 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Or at least threaten to, lol. Bo just needs a little negative reinforcement to get him over the hump.

Need somebody not telling him how great he is and he need competition but I don't guess he'll get that

I am a Bo fan and I am a Patrick Nix fan. I would think his dad would have had the mechanic issues worked out of Bo before he got to AU. He was his HS coach after all and he lived with him if I remember correctly. (joke)

This is what scares me about Bo. With his dad being a former college player, college coach, and Bo being in college for 2 years, shouldnt he have better mechanics, pocket awareness, etc?

Im glad to have him personally. He's a fighter and seems to have tried getting onto his receivers when they played half*** and the coaches wouldnt. Im just worried that all signs seem to point to his ability to play at this level. 

I hope I'm way off

Archived