Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

Just now, cole256 said:

Also let's be 100 when Nick Marshall was inaccurate like this it was he's not a real QB. Bo just needs a coach to tell him to stop throwing off his back foot and he'll be the best QB in the SEC.

Glad to see a positive. Lol. Geez. Can we get off this kids back? Everyone has said Gus can’t develop quarterbacks.  I’ve also seen it said here that you want your QB to be a bit cocky and now we are criticizing bc he is. I’ll wait til he receives real coaching before I criticize. (I’m not qualified to do that anyway)

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BJCrawford said:

Glad to see a positive. Lol. Geez. Can we get off this kids back? Everyone has said Gus can’t develop quarterbacks.  I’ve also seen it said here that you want your QB to be a bit cocky and now we are criticizing bc he is. I’ll wait til he receives real coaching before I criticize. (I’m not qualified to do that anyway)

Come again?

Bo will do great and if not it's because of Gus. No matter what Bo will be a legend because of his dad

1 hour ago, Bathel said:

Define QB talent?  He doesn't seem to have very good pocket awareness.  Doesn't seem to have very good footwork.  Doesn't seem to make very good decisions.  Doesn't seem very accurate with his passes.  What "Talent" does he posses?  Maybe a strong will to scrap out a play or maybe his legs... but I don't see much else, yet.  Can he get there?  I hope so with the proper coaching.  Having this year as a do-over and a new coach may just be the best thing to ever happen to him.

i get your meaning Bathel.  I talkin talent strictly based on his HS performance and evaluations from scouting services who rated him a 5* QB.  

Other than what the guy did in high school garnering him a #1DT QB 5* rating, and a few flashes here and there we haven't any real SEC caliber talent come from him.

We all hope with proper coaching someone will extract the potential and talent evaluators saw from him when they tagged him a 5* QB.  Lordy mercy,  a new coaching staff + a new scheme + all new terminology + all new WR's spells an uphill battle this off-season. 

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Come again?

I was agreeing with you....in a weird way. Sorry. Was just saying let the guy be coached by a good coach before we write him off, which is what I thought you were saying😬. Carry on 

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bo will do great and if not it's because of Gus. No matter what Bo will be a legend because of his dad

I dont think thats true of most posters. There may be a few posters on here that will hang on to the nostalgia but I think this is Bo's last chance to prove whether he can do it or not for most of us. We need to be looking for a QB to replace Bo in the portal regardless. Its up to Bo to perform and keep his job. I personally hope he can get the proper coaching to get it done because I believe Gus was awful at pass offense like most on here do. I swear it doesnt even look like Auburn practiced the same game that I see other top schools play.

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Looks like he has similar HS number...60%, but still...IDGAF about TX HS Football.  It's still not the SEC.  This forum is way too enamored with this kid and expecting him to be the starter next year.  There's very little chance that happens.

If he was a top 15 prospect, it might be different.

The only stats I was able to find online are from 5 games during his junior season, in which his number was 62%. Obviously, that's only a little bit better than 60%......but it's a third of one of the four seasons he's been starting. 

I didn't say Texas HS football is the SEC. I said it's the smallest step a high school player can take to get to the SEC. It's pretty obvious how you feel about the difference in the level of competition, but the guy has lost one or two games in his entire high school career, in the toughest high school football atmosphere in the world. In other words, if he could be better prepared to step into the SEC, it's not because of the level of competition.

I also didn't say he would start over Bo. It is highly likely that he won't. I just don't want to put it past him.

Just now, Rednilla said:

The only stats I was able to find online are from 5 games during his junior season, in which his number was 62%. Obviously, that's only a little bit better than 60%......but it's a third of one of the four seasons he's been starting. 

I didn't say Texas HS football is the SEC. I said it's the smallest step a high school player can take to get to the SEC. It's pretty obvious how you feel about the difference in the level of competition, but the guy has lost one or two games in his entire high school career, in the toughest high school football atmosphere in the world. In other words, if he could be better prepared to step into the SEC, it's not because of the level of competition.

I also didn't say he would start over Bo. It is highly likely that he won't. I just don't want to put it past him.

It might be the smallest step relative to all other HS, but it's a massive step for any player.

Right, I didn't say you I said this forum.  I think DD has a chance to be pretty good, but ppl pushing him to start next year is crazy.  Kid needs at least a year

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol I really don't think almost anyone believes this Cole. If anything he catches more crap. Heck, at this point he's all but passed or tied his dad in most ways. 

He'll be fine. If not, Dee Davis will come in and play. Then, everything Dee misses a pass the Bo supporters will call him not a real QB.

The cycle shall never end.

I for one have no desire to canabalize one of own players every single day, every single thread, every other post for eternity.

Give him an off season. If he looks exactly the same even in the spring game put him back in the frying pan.

But for now chill. Coaches, recruiting, transfersz and more are all much more pressing and interesting at this point.

15 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

I swear it doesnt even look like Auburn practiced the same game that I see other top schools play.

Man, I've felt that way for years.  I've seen offenses from all scopes - Bama to LSU to OleMiss to Florida and all points in between make strides in their offenses over the last 6-8 years.  They've fired and hired dozens of coaches in the process of evolving their offenses.  And it's felt like Auburn was stuck in the mud, no matter how many OC's we had and no matter how many times were told it would get "fixed."

I'm ready for a change, and I hope the new crew brings it.

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Also let's be 100 when Nick Marshall was inaccurate like this it was he's not a real QB. Bo just needs a coach to tell him to stop throwing off his back foot and he'll be the best QB in the SEC.

I want to point out that at that time there were but a few success stories of dual threat QBs that were good to great passers. Around that same time that Marshall was here I started seeing more and more at different schools. Now I see dual threats that are great passers in the NFL and Im not as quick to say so and so is playing out of position.

I'll admit that I was one of the guys that was a little frustrated with Nick Marshall's inability to be accurate but I loved the guy for what he could do. That was all before Gus's pants got pulled down and I realized he had a glaring weakness. I remember watching the Louisville game and hearing a bama fan laugh at Jeremy's struggles. I said, Gus will get that corrected and when he didnt and I knew we were in trouble that season and ones to come. This leads me to believe there is some hope Bo can get better but like I said in the other post we need to find a transfer to replace Bo and whomever wins....wins

11 minutes ago, keesler said:

Man, I've felt that way for years.  I've seen offenses from all scopes - Bama to LSU to OleMiss to Florida and all points in between make strides in their offenses over the last 6-8 years.  They've fired and hired dozens of coaches in the process of evolving their offenses.  And it's felt like Auburn was stuck in the mud, no matter how many OC's we had and no matter how many times were told it would get "fixed."

I'm ready for a change, and I hope the new crew brings it.

I listen to the announcers on those games and here them say things like there was a miscommunication between receiver and QB because the QB threw it to where the receiver was suppose to be. So you're saying they praticed a play where depending on location of the field the QB would throw to a spot and the coach had worked this out before the game with the receiver that he was suppose to go to a specific place where the receiver would have an advantage whether that was using the sideline or another receivers route to get open? Fn brilliant....seems we never did that.

I just want to point out Im just an old Olinemen coming from a school that only ran the ball which is why I enamoured with running backs.

7 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Strange stat- Bo and Pat currently have the exact same number of passing yards for their careers. 

Just goes to show how offenses have evolved to the point where Pat's numbers back then wouldn't have been good enough to hang with the teams of today.

Bo has to get better, Auburn's offense has to be more productive if we have any chance of recruiting high level offensive players and the ability to compete with the best teams around.

6 minutes ago, keesler said:

Bo has to get better, Auburn's offense has to be more productive if we have any chance of recruiting high level offensive players and the ability to compete with the best teams around.

Double Facts. I know Bo has a lot to correct, but I feel like we will notice a big difference next season after working with the Hars. I just look back on the past decade of QBs under Gus and it is clearly evident that he ruined every one of them. I see what Malik Willis has done with proper coaching and it gives me hope. I have seen Bo do the things he needs to do. I have seen him step up in the pocket (rarely) and take a hit. He did it perfect in the IB game on that dropped TD to Seth. I have seen him with correct footwork. I have seen him have mechanically sound reps. I know he is capable. I think the next 8 months should be all footwork, pocket presence, and basic fundamentals for Bo. 

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Lol I really don't think almost anyone believes this Cole. If anything he catches more crap. Heck, at this point he's all but passed or tied his dad in most ways. 

He'll be fine. If not, Dee Davis will come in and play. Then, everything Dee misses a pass the Bo supporters will call him not a real QB.

I for one have no desire to canabalize one of own players every single day, every single thread, every other post for eternity.

Give him an off season. If he looks exactly the same even in the spring game put him back in the frying pan.

But for now chill. Coaches, recruiting, transfersz and more are all much more pressing and interesting at this point.

Man wish you were around when jj, SW, jf3, and Willis was here. But I might switch it up for Bo.....unless people try to make him the second coming again or bash other guys....I'm sorry I won't stand for hypocrisy and stuff

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

This is a great take and probably gonna land you the title of Zeekstradamus. 

All jokes aside, the loyalists to "The Legend of Bo Nix" won't relent regardless and are probably PART of the reason that he gets so much flack. I don't know how well Demetrius will do coming in from the beginning, but I can guarantee you, Bo has an uphill battle. I see his peak being Cleveland Baker Mayfield. His offense will almost undoubtedly require quick and easy reads, routes with immediate separation, and throws that don't require him to have the BEST base to throw off of. 

I think that things will take FAR too long if we try to go the old fashioned way and do a complete teardown of his mechanics. Harsin will need to be Bo's Stefanski and probably meet Bo in the middle. When you watch Baker, you notice little things like his "punch step", slightly different arm angles, and propensity to only throw to one side. Stefanski does well to win IN SPITE of those quirks by Baker. I think Harsin will need to slowly work with Bo on his deficiencies but mostly hide or scheme away from them and put a great run game around him. Sadly, Bo was more custom built for the Gus "Run-Run-Run-Play Action" style than most will admit. The next best thing Harsin can do to make Bo comfortable without copying that is to include a healthy dose of the Option and RPO with multiple backs or a hybrid RB/WR type role that adds the option element into regular plays and opens the windows up just a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man wish you were around when jj, SW, jf3, and Willis was here. But I might switch it up for Bo.....unless people try to make him the second coming again or bash other guys....I'm sorry I won't stand for hypocrisy and stuff

I get it but hate just breeds more hate. If it happens to Dee I'll be on the front lines with you. 

One of my warning points came from wondering why Malik was never given a chance to throw. 

Never thought JF3 had a chance to be much but the “hate” directed at Malik and SW...damn I never understood. Malik never got any kind of chance (in a game at least) to show what he could do, but showed it at Liberty when given a chance. SW in the right system I thought could have been very successful and was a gamer- his injuries and “personal issues”aside; people talked about his arm strength but, hell, It was probably as good as Wuerffel who had a pretty good college career.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I get it but hate just breeds more hate. If it happens to Dee I'll be on the front lines with you. 

One of my warning points came from wondering why Malik was never given a chance to throw. 

You get you don't want to hear it mixed up with hate. I don't hate anybody I give takes on what I see. Once again nobody has been more accurate on Bo than me. It's just when I say it I'm stupid and then when it comes to pass it's I don't want to hear it anymore. 

Take you for instance, you didn't get tired of talking about Gusand his coaching. There were supporters of Gus that wanted you to stop. Everybody always think their voice is the right voice

47 minutes ago, fredst said:

Never thought JF3 had a chance to be much but the “hate” directed at Malik and SW...damn I never understood. Malik never got any kind of chance (in a game at least) to show what he could do, but showed it at Liberty when given a chance. SW in the right system I thought could have been very successful and was a gamer- his injuries and “personal issues”aside; people talked about his arm strength but, hell, It was probably as good as Wuerffel who had a pretty good college career.

SW in the right system could have been a very, LEGIT QB.  I liked SW a lot. Probably my second fav QB of Gus' behind Marshall. His arm strength was good enough. There have been QBs who were great in college that could barely throw 40-45 yards. Cade McNown is one that comes to mind. Guy couldn't throw deep to save his life, but he had a great career at UCLA.

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

SW in the right system could have been a very, LEGIT QB.  I liked SW a lot. Probably my second fav QB of Gus' behind Marshall. His arm strength was good enough. There have been QBs who were great in college that could barely throw 40-45 yards. Cade McNown is one that comes to mind. Guy couldn't throw deep to save his life, but he had a great career at UCLA.

SW was a goat. Would stand in and take a hit, make a potential long TD run and trip 😂. Tough as nails but had bad balance when running at full speed 😂

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

SW was a goat. Would stand in and take a hit, make a potential long TD run and trip 😂. Tough as nails but had bad balance when running at full speed 😂

The weird throwing himself to the turf after a throw with no defensive contact would have had to be coached out, lol

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

LMAO Facts ^^^^^^^^^^ 

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

The weird throwing himself to the turf after a throw with no defensive contact would have had to be coached out, lol

He was hoping to get a roughing the passer call 😂. Would’ve been a pro at it in the NFL

Archived