Bo Nix

Swamp Eagle

22 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Not sure where that statistic comes from, but I certainly didn't notice that from my chair. Bo gets criticized for leaving the pocket, which I can partly understand, but playing behind the line he does I can't say that I wouldn't have extremely happy feet myself. If not for his athleticism the sack numbers would be staggering. He needs some extensive work on fundamentals for sure, but playing QB is a lot about being comfortable. You're never going to get comfortable when you are running for your life on 75% of your dropbacks.

I swear I saw him break a play today while the defense was still in it's stance

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People don't know what Mac has to deal with but it's not hard to see that there's no way in hell Bo will EVER be a 75% passer. You can see that right now. You can see he's not in the same tier as this guy. 

And people did say he was better

If you are talking about me, I didn’t say he was better. I said his ceiling was higher. Mac Jones is a better QB right now, hands down. Mac Jones has just also had an easier job than Bo has. The scouting report of Jones out of high school said that he was a great decision maker and an accurate thrower on the short to intermediate routes. His weaknesses were his arm strength, his deep throw accuracy, and his pocket presence under pressure.  

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

If you are talking about me, I didn’t say he was better. I said his ceiling was higher. Mac Jones is a better QB right now, hands down. Mac Jones has just also had an easier job than Bo has. The scouting report of Jones out of high school said that he was a great decision maker and an accurate thrower on the short to intermediate routes. His weaknesses were his arm strength, his deep throw accuracy, and his pocket presence under pressure.  

The fact that you say he has a higher ceiling is hilarious to me. He's smart and accurate, they play the position of QB and Bo doesn't have a rocket himself.....more potential how? And running a pro offense is much more difficult than running Gus

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People don't know what Mac has to deal with but it's not hard to see that there's no way in hell Bo will EVER be a 75% passer. You can see that right now. You can see he's not in the same tier as this guy. 

And people did say he was better

They're just repeating what Bo himself said, that Mac is just a game manager with talent all around him. The homers gotta repeat that until someone believes it.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The fact that you say he has a higher ceiling is hilarious to me. He's smart and accurate, they play the position of QB and Bo doesn't have a rocket himself.....more potential how? And running a pro offense is much more difficult than running Gus

A pro offense gets receivers open easier. The reads are harder, but you have more targets open. 

This May rank as one of the dumbest threads ever.......

12 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

A pro offense gets receivers open easier. The reads are harder, but you have more targets open. 

That's not true at there are different variations in both. It's just with theirs you can't tell what they are going to run by personnel like ours was

I just don't see who Bo would be replaced with next year? Is the idea that we sign a JUCO or a transfer? The best JUCOs are already picked up, and transfers likely have to sit out at least a portion of next year. I don't know if he's the answer to the future of Auburn, but I just don't see how we end up with anyone else at this point. 

20 minutes ago, tigers23 said:

If you think Bo would have the same results as Mac in their offense, you need your head examined. 

Not sure, but his play would be far better.

13 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This whole Bo/Mac comparison stuff is so wth. 

I bet if I told you one was a five star recruit and the other was a three,  most would just assume mac was the five star QB.

6 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

There's NO evidence for that.

I have watched Bo since his Jr year in HS.  He was doing these same mistakes then.  I dont think he has the capacity to improve.  

7 minutes ago, Stephen66 said:

There's NO evidence for that.

By default, with better coaching, he would be better.

To be fair, the fact that both Stidham and Nix leaving the pocket early strikes me as a coaching thing. Both are mobile QBs. The idea of rolling out and throwing it away to avoid a sack is not a bad idea, it is just we had offensive lines where that happened way too much.

Bo is a good QB with great potential and a tough as nails leader.  I have no doubt he will be the QB next year.  He is still a young QB with a few bad habits a good coach could help him fix.  The coaches have failed him he hasn’t failed the coaches.  I love the fact that we have a kid with the kind of guts he shows to lead this team.  What he needs is a decent O line and a good QB coach to work with him. 

12 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yet here you are...:dunno:

.....and you as well. 😎

4 minutes ago, WarTim said:

.....and you as well. 😎

But...but...I didn’t call it a dumb thread. I only started it.🙃

In fairness, it wasn’t started as a Bo/Mac comparison, it was just my opinion about the QB.

Stidham is struggling with the Patriot's because their offensive line is bad just like Auburn's. Cam is getting sacked left and right back there

1 hour ago, weagl1 said:

Bo is a good QB with great potential and a tough as nails leader.  I have no doubt he will be the QB next year.  He is still a young QB with a few bad habits a good coach could help him fix.  The coaches have failed him he hasn’t failed the coaches.  I love the fact that we have a kid with the kind of guts he shows to lead this team.  What he needs is a decent O line and a good QB coach to work with him. 

This makes too much sense to be in this thread...

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

But...but...I didn’t call it a dumb thread. I only started it.🙃

In fairness, it wasn’t started as a Bo/Mac comparison, it was just my opinion about the QB.

Really not reflecting on you. 

Archived