Boise State Staff / Support Team

RunInRed

41 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

When can we expect some announcements? Or clues...😂

@AidiAU Speaking specifically on recruiting personnel I don't think any names will wow us normal fans but the fact there is expected to be a big full time recruiting staff is huge. Gus cut a lot of recruiting staff & positions in his time here. I would think recruiting staff names would trickle in. On the on field hires it looks like an OC may be named this week with a DC possibly by the weekend.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Good point and a lot of people don’t understand this 

Whatever it takes to put the best product on the field.  About time we catch up to others.  Trust the process.  Sounds like CBH has a plan and is working it.  Like what I see so far.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Jeff is a good S&C coach. I figured he might come with CBH. 

@autigeremtWhat makes him a good S&C guy to you? I have no knowledge of him.

Harsin is building an administrative team that will allow coaches to focus on coaching. That's awesome and has to be appealing to guys considering the Auburn job.

Anyone who has coached will tell you they'd do it forever if it was JUST coaching. 

They'll still have to hit the road and recruit but more of the mundane details will be taken off their plates. Recruiting is a 24/7 365 endeavor.

Felt like Gus usually had us off to slow starts in recruiting classes. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Harsin is building an administrative team that will allow coaches to focus on coaching. That's awesome and has to be appealing to guys considering the Auburn job.

Anyone who has coached will tell you they'd do it forever if it was JUST coaching. 

They'll still have to hit the road and recruit but more of the mundane details will be taken off their plates. Recruiting is a 24/7 365 endeavor.

^^^This

I say if taking a little more time to build the foundation means taking a hit for the remainder of this recruiting cycle, then so be it.  As has been said, we will likely use the transfer portal to fill many of our needs that remain.  Putting together a good recruiting and evaluating talent team is crucial to turning this ship around and getting it headed in the right direction.  We'll see how things play out but I am liking the approach so far and it sounds like CBH is doing it his way and that he has been given the power to do so.  A breath of fresh air if you ask me.  I am excited about the future.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Ron Sanders says he hears Harsin is looking to beef up the recruiting dept. He believes Cooper Petagna could be someone to watch. He’s Director of Recruiting at Oregon. Was previously at Washington with Petersen.

This would be a bad to the bone hire imo.  Cristobal has current and past history with him.  I would love to steal him away as well.  

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

From the people & coaches Keith Neubuhr knows they say this is a real good hire. Supposedly especially good at evaluating talent.

This too is solid.   As Boise St lead the MW conference in recruiting the last couple of years.   

would be really strong to land them both.   

35 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AidiAU Speaking specifically on recruiting personnel I don't think any names will wow us normal fans but the fact there is expected to be a big full time recruiting staff is huge. Gus cut a lot of recruiting staff & positions in his time here. I would think recruiting staff names would trickle in. On the on field hires it looks like an OC may be named this week with a DC possibly by the weekend.

Why the facepalm @tbone4jc? I thought it was a good & positive post.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be as big as bama’s personal wise. Won’t be made up of has been coaches but guys who do this for a living. Scouting, recruiting, full time experts on this. 

I was hoping to hear that.   That really really pumps me up.   Build a freaking recruiting department!!!!  This is and should be a team within the program in itself!!!    

38 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I was hoping to hear that.   That really really pumps me up.   Build a freaking recruiting department!!!!  This is and should be a team within the program in itself!!!    

Word is it will be. Expected to be one of the biggest in the country.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why the facepalm @tbone4jc? I thought it was a good & positive post.

I expect the facepalm was aimed at Gus skimping on recruiting.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

delta-burke-suzanne-sugarbaker.gif

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

CBH

fire-flame.gif

9 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Good point and a lot of people don’t understand this 

Some of us will...................... finally got ourselves a real football coach 

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Ron Sanders says he hears Harsin is looking to beef up the recruiting dept. He believes Cooper Petagna could be someone to watch. He’s Director of Recruiting at Oregon. Was previously at Washington with Petersen.

This would do soooooo much to ease the sting of not getting Cristobal. (I don't want to start a conversation about Cristobal vs Harsin here. If you want me to clarify, please tag me in one of the Cristobal threads and I'll be glad to. Trust me, I'm very big on the Harsin hire.) 

I know Cristobal is the product in Eugene but anyone with a big hand in what they've been doing up there has to have a pretty good handle on their role in high level recruiting. 

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

+++ I may be naive in asking this, but would this department be strictly for football? Has anyone in the AD's office considered the idea of expanding this concept across other/all sports? More sports supported means more justification for having such a department. I'm sure MBB, WBB, Baseball, Softball, etc., would greatly appreciate having some of this taken off their plate so to speak.

For anyone that is still on the fence about our Coaching hire(s) from Boise state I want to encourage you to go to Youtube and search for Boise state football and watch a few videos. What they have done there is pretty amazing. There is a Facilities walk through video and Harsin was big into highlighting former BSU players in the NFL. And yes there are a bunch of them.

Especially watch some of his pressers. I may or may not have a man crush on our coach now. 

I will be honest, when I first heard the news I was like REALLY???? Is Jay Jacobs making this hire. I DO NOT feel the same way now. 

I was going to post a few of the videos but couldnt remember if it is allowed here or not.

GOOD STUFF!!!

4 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I will be honest, when I first heard the news I was like REALLY???? Is Jay Jacobs making this hire.

Rest assured, this couldn't be any more different from a Jacobs hire. I have no idea if Harsin will be successful or what will happen once AD Greene moves on but this was the exact opposite of JABA. 

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Did Gus really cut a lot of recruiting positions out? Somehow I didn't realize it. Why would he do that, knowing the life line of a program is just that...recruiting. Certainly it wasn't a budgeting thing...

I also think this coaching hire is one of the hardest to figure out as to who actually are strong for recruiting and on field coaching positions. I guess it's because we are hiring a total outsider, and the only connections we see for the most part are Boise St/West region coaches...

And i don't think we should quick judge his picks just because many of us posters seem to know what is best for the program. :)

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

You know, I'm not trying to compare Harsin to Saban...ok...maybe I am...but if we see how Saban has built his 'process' and his 'program', he spends a lot of time building his staff, administratively as much as with coaches, with specific details in mind. 

It seems like Harsin is doing the same thing. It might be we have a tactician and program builder more than GUs was more like a HS coach who just tried to build a coaching staff of recruiters, Auburn legacies, and position coaches.

Maybe this way is a better foundation than in the past...Looking forward to seeing it unfold...

Archived