Men vs. UAT

penguin149

3 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Cooper is already old for a freshman and (small sample size, but) looks like a sure first rounder. I’m not sure there will be much upside for Cooper to staying. We’d be a final four contender if he does though, imo.

Maybe he will stay around. Money isn’t an issue so we got that going for us. 

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Grumps said:

@cole256 How was Cooper compared to your expectations? I'd love to hear your take!

I'm going to be honest he was much much better than I expected. He even played defense better than I expected. I don't take it lightly at all because this bammer team has serious size and length. He got rattled at the end of the game but it's just his first one.

I'm holding off on the NBA stuff though. He looks to be a rhythm shooter but his jumper is going to have to be much more consistent to jump to the league. Wish he had a PG to back him so he wouldn't have to be so gassed ah the end of a game. 

Pros. Great handle, speed, vision. 

Cons mid range game would make him uncoverable, didn't get to see how good he really is at finishing. That will be a big need as well. 

It was just one game but a hell of one. Let's see how consistent he can be

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Interesting lack of sportsmanship after the game. Nate Oates sends his team straight to the locker room and they are yelling the whole way back

Nate is a damn clown who hasn't done anything as a coach . He needs to know his roll and understand where he is

Man this was fun nice talking ball with you guys @Dual-Threat RigbyI know it doesn't mean anything as I'mnot anybody but I've been impressed you these last few months man. You're smart, solid poster man. Straight up. 

Everybody have a good one!

8 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Interesting lack of sportsmanship after the game. Nate Oates sends his team straight to the locker room and they are yelling the whole way back

Its Bama. Their whole organization is classless trash. 

1 minute ago, BigSammyK said:

Breaking news: Dan Dakich still hasn’t realized Auburn was missing Justin Powell. 

He did an excellent job calling the game

2 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Breaking news: Dan Dakich still hasn’t realized Auburn was missing Justin Powell. 

We have had some absolutely trash announcers this year ... he wasn’t one of them.  Mowins on the other hand ...

the football game plugs probably aren’t as annoying if it’s non-sec 

Just now, BigSammyK said:

Yeah... ok. 

Thought he did a great job too, but both never mentioned Powell at all. Seemed like it was intentional for whatever reason. Idk how you could leave that out, especially when our shooting was so poor early on.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm going to be honest he was much much better than I expected. He even played defense better than I expected. I don't take it lightly at all because this bammer team has serious size and length. He got rattled at the end of the game but it's just his first one.

I'm holding off on the NBA stuff though. He looks to be a rhythm shooter but his jumper is going to have to be much more consistent to jump to the league. Wish he had a PG to back him so he wouldn't have to be so gassed ah the end of a game. 

Pros. Great handle, speed, vision. 

Cons mid range game would make him uncoverable, didn't get to see how good he really is at finishing. That will be a big need as well. 

It was just one game but a hell of one. Let's see how consistent he can be

Thanks! That is encouraging to hear.

4 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

Yeah... ok. 

Lol 👌🏾 you won't be happy unless the announcers are decked in blue and orange and spit random Auburn facts the entire game...  this guy was objective and clearly was a fan of a bunch of our players. What more do you want?

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Looking at stats ...

can you believe we ended w better FT%
and fg%

Stat difference in O rebounds and turnovers 

we had 10 blocks!

Our FT were night and day today compared to all the clanking that usually goes on.

To be fair, I did hear Mowins mention Powell being out. They couldn't stay on the topic because there was so much end to end action to call. Plus, I think they were calling the game by remote. Or were they at courtside?

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol 👌🏾 you won't be happy unless the announcers are decked in blue and orange and spit random Auburn facts the entire game...  this guy was objective and clearly was a fan of a bunch of our players. What more do you want?

That Barkley guy would be a good announcer for our games, with Fishback in the studio.

1 minute ago, slyinsocal said:

To be fair, I did hear Mowins mention Powell being out. They couldn't stay on the topic because there was so much end to end action to call. Plus, I think they were calling the game by remote. Or were they at courtside?

True, they probably weren't courtside but I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man this was fun nice talking ball with you guys @Dual-Threat RigbyI know it doesn't mean anything as I'mnot anybody but I've been impressed you these last few months man. You're smart, solid poster man. Straight up. 

Everybody have a good one!

We’ve had our moments but I think we’re more similar minded than not. And you always drop knowledge when it comes to ball, so Preciate that 

Getting Powell back to give Cooper some rest time will be crucial. I know he's not a natural PG but he will be fine as the backup and will be better than having Flan completely slow down the offense. Plus it keeps Flan able to play his natural position.

This is a team that will just continue to get better and can still improve enough to beat every team in the SEC.

Edit: And just because people talking mainly about Coop. Thor and Cardwell are starting to come into their own as well. Gaining the confidence to truly turn the season around.

Archived