2022 #1 K (Kohls) Alex McPhearson Commits To Auburn

AUMicBK

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

services needs to evolve, not just on kickers and punters but transfer portal players need to be included in class rankings.  

Agreed

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, McLoofus said:

Recruiting sites base their rankings on projected NFL viability, because it's the least subjective way for them to measure the accuracy of their ratings. NFL teams usually only carry one kicker and one punter, and their careers can last eons. So there are very, very few openings for college kickers or punters in any given year, and therefore not much chance of even a "5* kicker" making it to the next level. (The fact that our last two guys made it is beyond remarkable.)

So ALL recruiting rankings, regardless of the position, base it on their NFL viability? Or are we just talking kickers?

I saw the starting 22 players for the SB teams this past game, and I was amazed how many of the starters were no stars and a lot of 3 stars, and very few 5 stars. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Sorry, I've gone on too long about this. I'll pipe down.

Wait. A. Minute. Need a mod to mark this day down. Unlikely to happen again.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

So ALL recruiting rankings, regardless of the position, base it on their NFL viability? Or are we just talking kickers?

I saw the starting 22 players for the SB teams this past game, and I was amazed how many of the starters were no stars and a lot of 3 stars, and very few 5 stars. 

All players. And I didn't attest to their accuracy. But players ranked 4*s and 5*s make it to the NFL at a far higher clip than players ranked lower 

43 minutes ago, fredst said:

Wait. A. Minute. Need a mod to mark this day down. Unlikely to happen again.

I did and I've already got a lot of money invested on a bet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Michael Sadler Foundation

Michael Sadler's extraordinary life was abruptly halted when he died in a tragic car accident in Wisconsin on July 23, 2016.  At the time, he was volunteering at a kicking camp to mentor young players. His commitment to helping others, contributing to community and embracing his love of family, friends, and society was constant. He lived his life with impeccable character. Only after his death did we realize the tens of thousands of lives he affected because of his integrity and the way he chose to live life.

Michael earned unparalleled recognition in academics and athletics.  At MSU he earned a bachelor's degree in Engineering and a master's degree in Public Policy. He was an All-American as well as the first-ever, four-time Academic All American in MSU history. Michael was a member of the National Football Foundation Scholar-Athlete Class of 2014 and a William V. Campbell trophy finalist.  He was awarded the Big Ten Conference Medal of Honor in 2014 for outstanding athletic and academic achievement. Awards that Mike received are now being renamed in his honor.  Michael was proud to be a Spartan and was excited to be entering Stanford Law School. 

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Guest MustardSeed
On 10/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, tgrogan21 said:

Um ... what?

He literally had enough leg on that to make it from 75 🤯. Missed a 70 yarder WIDE, NOT SHORT 🤯. And he’s in HIGH SCHOOL 🤯🤯🤯🤯

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn

I know some AU fan out there is thinking "he is kicking off a damn tee, so what's the big deal?"

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, tinman said:

I know some AU fan out there is thinking "he is kicking off a damn tee, so what's the big deal?"

Most people I have heard claims it makes a difference in length and takes a while to get used to kicking closer to the ground. 

On 7/7/2021 at 2:46 PM, JFDTiger80 said:

It's been this way forever and it irritates me. The number 1 rated place kicker in the country is a 3 star. That sooo does not make sense when it comes to winning football games. Same with punters. A great punter turns the field. around. So, I may be wrong but I assume Alex will be the placekicker and we have someone else punt, even though he can punt really well. I've seen too often when a kickers leg gets tired towards the end of the year and doing both may cause this to happen.

With the new offense, punter fatigue is no longer a problem😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/30/2021 at 5:42 PM, tinman said:

High school players kick FG off a tee?  I didn't know that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paladin said:

He gets it. Longsnappers are people too.

• Like 1