USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

Man, last night showed exactly what we've got- a very talented, very young, very inexperienced team. Clearly they dominated possession and attack but just couldn't figure out how to put it away and, of course, there were mental lapses that put 2 of those 3 points in real jeopardy. 

But my goodness, if the core of this team is still playing together in 2026... 

• Like 1

I have to keep reminding myself that the overwhelming core of this team is a U-23 squad.  And they were missing their two best players this window.

Pepi, Musah, Reyna, Dest, Aaronson, Hoppe, and Busio will have the chance to play in 3 World Cups before they turn 30.  That's wild.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Pepi, Musah, Reyna, Dest, Aaronson, Hoppe, and Busio will have the chance to play in 3 World Cups before they turn 30.  That's wild.

Damn. That really is wild. And that group includes some of the most important guys on the team, and a couple more with that kind of potential. Golden generation, indeed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Roster for this cycle. Pulisic is back and Scally is now included. No Reyna though. 

Edited by AUDub

GGG is awful.  No Konrad?  Only 1 number 9?  Arriola and roldan?  At least ream didn’t get called.

I know hoppe isn’t playing at club but he deserves a chance based on this summer.

also … why are we not bringing in some of the youngsters and dual nationals to build repoire with the older guys and to swing some folks our way.  Seems like lost opportunities.

9 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

GGG is awful.  No Konrad?  Only 1 number 9?  Arriola and roldan?  At least ream didn’t get called.

I know hoppe isn’t playing at club but he deserves a chance based on this summer.

also … why are we not bringing in some of the youngsters and dual nationals to build repoire with the older guys and to swing some folks our way.  Seems like lost opportunities.

We're all in on Pepi, it seems.

You're probably going to see Ferreira and Weah pull some minutes at 9. I'm actually intrigued by that. 

Aaronson with a nice volley but right at Memo. Best opportunity so far. 

Steffen has to bail us out against Lozano on the other end. 

Weirdly open game for both teams. Lot of skill on display. 

Edited by AUDub

This is getting nasty.  Freaking clawing face should be a red (ref has to see it though) 

Need to keep cool though.  We need our horses for the full leg.

Edited by AUBwins

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

What is the crowd chanting? 

Dos a cero. 

Legendary for many reasons. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, AUDub said:

Dos a cero. 

Legendary for many reasons. 

Ahhh gotcha.