USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

The quick passing up front is a sight to see. It's crisp and puts us in dangerous positions routinely. 

Wow that was a beautiful crack on frame for Jamaica to equalize against the run of play. Steffen had no chance. 

Andre Blake is a great keeper but damn is he casual with the ball at his feet. 

Well we never got it together in the second half and we were lucky just to escape with the a point. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

Well we never got it together in the second half and we were lucky just to escape with the a point. 

Played like crap for 70 minutes and got away with it.

But how about Canada right now?!!!

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

But how about Canada right now?!!!

Mexico comes away with a goose egg this cycle lol. 

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

What a gross game … as average as average can be.

First 20 minutes we looked great. That 30+ yard cracker just took the boys completely out of it.

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

First 20 minutes we looked great. That 30+ yard cracker just took the boys completely out of it.

I thought Jamaica had the first 5-10 minutes.  we did look really good for the next 10-15 … then … blah …

that Jamaica goal was sumthin else

2nd half was hard soccer to watch.  Add the vuvuzelas and it was awful.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I have tickets for the Honduras match in St. Paul.  February in Minnesota.  Perfect soccer weather.

You'll be fine. 

the_shining_-jack-frozen.jpg

• Haha 3

Will tell you worst weather to play in isn't when it's well below freezing. 

Sophomore year against John Caroll, 33 degrees and had been raining before game time. Was a goalkeeper so I was on the ground a LOT.

At least when it's below freezing the field is solid you don't get as wet.

11 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

So I have tickets for the Honduras match in St. Paul.  February in Minnesota.  Perfect soccer weather.

In Vikings stadium, or outdoors? 

38 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

In Vikings stadium, or outdoors? 

Very much outside.  Allianz Field, home of Minnesota United.  It's a nice venue.  Went to see Austin FC there back in June.  Just gonna be brutally cold.

allianz-field-2019-4-1-e1555611738108.jpg

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Very much outside.  Allianz Field, home of Minnesota United.  It's a nice venue.  Went to see Austin FC there back in June.  Just gonna be brutally cold.

allianz-field-2019-4-1-e1555611738108.jpg

Only time I went to Minnesota was in the winter. Driving the interstate was so rad. You could just barely see the tops of fenceposts above the snow, snowmobiles going over overpasses that hadn't been plowed, etc.

And Minnesota Nice is a real thing, as you know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Only time I went to Minnesota was in the winter. Driving the interstate was so rad. You could just barely see the tops of fenceposts above the snow, snowmobiles going over overpasses that hadn't been plowed, etc.

And Minnesota Nice is a real thing, as you know. 

I'm there all the time for work.  Last year was up there in February.  Stepped off the plane and the wind chill was -24.

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The work travel life truly was the best of times and the worst of times.

Ain't no cold like Omaha cold wind coming off the Rocky Mtn with nothing but flat land until it hit Omaha. Lucky for me I rarely had work in Minnesota 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Ain't no cold like Omaha cold wind coming off the Rocky Mtn with nothing but flat land until it hit Omaha. Lucky for me I rarely had work in Minnesota 

Think I've mentioned that my dad was stationed at Offutt when I was little. Great fun playing in the snow but my blood was much thicker then.

47 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Think I've mentioned that my dad was stationed at Offutt when I was little. Great fun playing in the snow but my blood was much thicker then.

Yes you have and adjacent to Bellevue where I lived. I use to see those huge airborne early warning and control (AEW&C) aircraft fly in circles over and over to slow down enough to land so I was told.  Yes fun to play in but a PIA to drive in/get stuck in... I had just moved there from Ft. Lauderdale what a frickin nightmare that first winter

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Final round starts tonight.  US hosting El Salvador. Let's get the 3 points tonight.  36th minute and no score.