Big Cat Visitors (List Updated 23rd July)

toddc

I was told it was okay by a mod? And it’s been a couple of days so it’s probably out there anyway.

Here's our most current visitors list ...

4-star QB, Holden Geriner, Savannah (Ga.) Benedictine Military School -- AUBURN COMMIT

4-star DE Caden Story, Lanett (Ala.)

4-star WR, Omari KellyHewitt-Trussville (Ala.)

3-star S, Ja'Kobi Albert, Fairfield Prep (Ala.)

3-star OG, Drew Bobo, Auburn (Ala.)

3-star WR, Jay Fair, Rockwall-Heath (Texas) -- AUBURN COMMIT

3-star LB, Powell Gordon, Auburn (Ala.) -- AUBURN COMMIT

3-star CB, Rodney Johnson, Gadsden Cioty (Ala.)

3-star DE, Terrell Jones, Hoover (Ala.)

3-star LB, Joshua Josephs, Kennesaw (Ga.) North Cobb

3-star DE RJ Moss, Biloxi (Miss.)

3-star OG, Klabron Pollard, Oak Grove (Miss.)

3-star WR, Kobe Prentice, Calera (Ala.)

3-star CB, Andre Stewart, Kennesaw (Ga.) North Cobb -- KENTUCKY COMMIT

3-star S, Caleb Wooden, Lawrenceville (Ga.) Archer -- AUBURN COMMIT

Unrated TE, J.C. Sivley, Helena (Ala.)

MAYBE — 4-star RB Damari Alston, College Park (Ga.) Woodward Academy

MAYBE — 3-star RB, Quinshon Judkins, Pike Road (Ala.)

MAYBE -- 3-star LB, DeAunte Hunter, Valdosta (Ga.) Lowndes

4-star LB, Raul Aguirre, Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove 

4-star LB, Lewis Carter, Tampa Catholic (Fla.)

4-star WR, Karmello English, Phenix City (Ala.) Central

4-star S, Dakaari Nelson, Selma (Ala.)

3-star CB Dale Miller, Hoover (Ala.)

Unrated S, TJ Metcalf, Pinson Valley (Ala.)

Unrated LB, Eric Muse, Birmingham (Ala.) Jackson-Olin

Unrated LB, Everett Roussaw, Ellenwood (Ga.) Cedar Grove

MAYBE — 5-star DT Peter Woods, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson

MAYBE — 4-star DE Kelby Collins, Gardendale (Ala.)

Unrated OT, Daniel Calhoun, Roswell (Ga.) Centennial

24COMMENTS

Unrated CB, A'Mon Lane, Alabaster (Ala.) Thompson

Unrated CB, Jaylen Mbakwe, Clay-Chalkville (Ala.)

Edited by toddc

Work in progress but @Zeekor @Paladincould help or start a new one ( I’ll delete). I think it’s time to start one. I thought I read Holden Gardner, Damari Alston and others.

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

Work in progress but @Zeekor @Paladincould help or start a new one ( I’ll delete). I think it’s time to start one. I thought I read Holden Gardner, Damari Alston and others.

Holden Geriner is for sure coming

Quinshon Judkins wants to but is already committed to a camp. He's going to try and do both.

2023 LB Eric Muse

Marquez Dortch is a maybe

Ja'Kobi Albert (best chance of us getting a BCW commit the day of)

Andre Stewart (former Auburn commit currently committed to Kentucky) 

Drew Bobo

That's all I've seen. We're expecting somewhere between 20-30

• Thanks 1

Hopefully McPhearson (sp) will come and bring his “effect “ with him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Not McPherson related but this does remind me I should mention this about BCW. This event is later than usual, announced last second, and on the same day as other major programs events that have been in the works for a while. 

Don't want people surprised if it's not as big as they thought and if key players are at UGA instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

It would be a total waste of time to even have Big Cat if he does not come

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Don't want people surprised if it's not as big as they thought and if key players are at UGA instead. 

That would happen no matter what...............

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

This event is later than usual, announced last second, and on the same day as other major programs events that have been in the works for a while. 

Can we all agree this is a mistake that will likely hurt us some and possible evidence of an unanticipated slow start to recruiting, that has nothing to do with being selective?

AND evidence that Harsin and crew are smart enough to adjust on the fly and set things right? 

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Can we all agree this is a mistake that will likely hurt us some and possible evidence of an unanticipated slow start to recruiting, that has nothing to do with being selective?

AND evidence that Harsin and crew are smart enough to adjust on the fly and set things right? 

How do you see it as a mistake?

19 hours ago, toddc said:

If McPherson will bring his effect and Powell Gordon will show up to settle once and for all the question of what the best burger is out there I would expect a 100% commit rate

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

How do you see it as a mistake?

Planned too late and feels rushed. Competing with other events on the same day that were planned in advance. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cbo said:

I think I know where you're coming from here.

I tell my kids that I expect them to make tons of mistakes and that I'll never get mad at them for an honest one. It only matters that they learn from them and move forward accordingly.

Seems like something one could take for granted with a man getting paid north of $5 million a year, and yet...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Exactly right. Mistakes will be made and I think it's interesting to discuss them here. The key is not to make the same mistakes twice. 

The last guy was so incredibly stubborn. So I'm taking this as a good sign for Harsin. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cbo said:

Exactly right. Mistakes will be made and I think it's interesting to discuss them here. The key is not to make the same mistakes twice. 

The last guy was so incredibly stubborn. So I'm taking this as a good sign for Harsin. 

Yeah, I'm encouraged he's changing but the mistakes in recruiting are mounting. 

We didn't have the right pitch from the start and turned off some good kids. Never planed big cat, then rushed it and the visitor list looks pretty weak wrt uncommitted kids. That first impression of a hard ass no fun period is gonna be hard to change for some. 

We really started off with a bang in early June, then it fizzled. I'm pretty much sold this class will be really really bad.  I know, everyone will claim all these 3* kids are ranked low and have potential, Harsin will develop blah blah blah. 

No one ever expect to lock down multiple 5* kids but we're barely attractive that mid ranked 4*. Basically the last option like Alston. 

Maybe some good wins this fall help say our class. Beat PSU and maybe another upset and kids like Perry see we can win. There seems to be a very small amt of good players kinda taking a wait and see

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cbo said:

Planned too late and feels rushed. Competing with other events on the same day that were planned in advance. 

I am one of Harsin's biggest fans, but I agree that so far recruiting has not gone as well as planned.  I give Harsin and coaches credit for realizing that and bringing Big Cat back but it does seem like it is late and will compete with other schools events. It has always competed with other schools events but the difference is we have been pushing it from beginning of recruiting cycle and getting players commitments early now we will be asking players who already had planned visits to other schools to change the plan which is a tough sell.  This might help some with this years class but I think the 2023 and 2024 class will be the big beneficiaries as even the ones who don't come this year will hear about it and come next year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am one of Harsin's biggest fans, but I agree that so far recruiting has not gone as well as planned.  I give Harsin and coaches credit for realizing that and bringing Big Cat back but it does seem like it is late and will compete with other schools events. It has always competed with other schools events but the difference is we have been pushing it from beginning of recruiting cycle and getting players commitments early now we will be asking players who already had planned visits to other schools to change the plan which is a tough sell.  This might help some with this years class but I think the 2023 and 2024 class will be the big beneficiaries as even the ones who don't come this year will hear about it and come next year.

2023 and 2024 better me a vast improvement. If they are still in the 15+ recruiting rankings those 2 years, we will be in big trouble. 

I'm ok with riding out 2022, with Harsin still just getting his staff involved in the HS coaches and recruits and it will still be interesting to see if Harsin finds a way to recover in with 2022 signees, but as long as he has good to better transfers to fill in, I don't worry about how 22 shakes out. But later recruiting years? Definitely has to be top level of the SEC.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

(32) 2022/23 recruits coming to Big Cat Weekend so far. It’s VIP so I will give it a day before posting unless someone finds the names from a non vip source.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, toddc said:

(32) 2022/23 recruits coming to Big Cat Weekend so far. It’s VIP so I will give it a day before posting unless someone finds the names from a non vip source.

Wrong! Epic Fail!. 32 recruits not coming.to BCWeekend! Fake News!! Read the above posts!. Super wrong!. BC rushed!. Too late in the summer!. Recount now!!!

• Haha 1

I can't share the list but it's looking really good.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Zeek said:

The list is coming along nicely. I'm impressed considering the situation (late announcement, other events being held, etc.). 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It’s killing me not to list and shut up some naysayers.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s killing me not to list and shut up some naysayers.

It's probably 3* heavy, right?

Glad they will have around 30 there regardless, and if there are some legit wants that are 4's and they do show, it will help.

1 hour ago, God Cam It said:

The list is coming along nicely. I'm impressed considering the situation (late announcement, other events being held, etc.). 

Oh hi there.

Yes, all the factors around it need to be taken into consideration. Proud of the staff making this work last second and pivoting.

Next years should be more true to form.

• Like 4

• toddc changed the title to Big Cat Visitors (List Updated 23rd July)

Put the latest list at the top of the page!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1