have i missed harsin on media days?

aubiefifty

i turned it on and no mention of auburn even coming up after arkie. maybe it is nothing. help me fella's............

Wondering the same thing. They interviewed Bo Nix about 20 mins ago, but not in front of a podium or anything. He was just in the hotel lobby. Is SEC Network not covering the coach interviews?

• Thanks 1

No nonsense and calling out unacceptable behavior when he came (players showing up late, lazy, etc.).

I thought he was really impressive. Straight business as usual but also showed some good personality. I was surprised but impressed with how he dropped in how when he first got here he observed and witnessed some poor culture behavior with guys showing up late, unable to finish drills, etc. Really a huge indictment on Gus.

Also, interesting how Gus told him Arky State could wear the gray unis and then changed his mind on game day. Pathetic but not surprising move. I get the feeling that despite their connections Harsin is not a fan of Gus as a coach at all, which he shouldn't be

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

wow

What a dick move.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

wow

I thought that the problem with their uniforms was that the number color didn't contrast enough with the jersey color.  I'll have to go back and watch again.

Found the video.  Watch at just before kickoff, around the 4:50 mark of the video.

Edited by VicTree
add video reference
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, VicTree said:

I thought that the problem with their uniforms was that the number color didn't contrast enough with the jersey color.  I'll have to go back and watch again.

U are right. Penalty was for contrast so that’s on who designed the jersey or approved it without knowing the rules.

Edited by e808

The "agreement" with Gus was not that he ok'd the uniforms and reneged (he has no say) but that he said he would decline the penalties at the start of each half, and then told Harsin right before the game he was going to accept them. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, ertrader said:

The "agreement" with Gus was not that he ok'd the uniforms and reneged (he has no say) but that he said he would decline the penalties at the start of each half, and then told Harsin right before the game he was going to accept them. 

Thanks for clarifying the rest of the story. 

What’s sad is for 8 years, I was led to believe Harsin was the villain. Why? Because Rod and Stan said so on the broadcast because that’s what they were told.

I’m not sure Gus was the only villain in this. Why would he do this against not only a former team, but the team he just coached 9 months prior? Gus surely got pressured to take the penalties.

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Thanks for clarifying the rest of the story. 

What’s sad is for 8 years, I was led to believe Harsin was the villain. Why? Because Rod and Stan said so on the broadcast because that’s what they were told.

I’m not sure Gus was the only villain in this. Why would he do this against not only a former team, but the team he just coached 9 months prior? Gus surely got pressured to take the penalties.

Pressured from whom?

45 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Pressured from whom?

Good question. I just can’t see Gus acting alone in that decision. Bart? Kiffin? Absolutely. But not Gus alone in his first game as a FBS HC against his previous squad. Add to the fact that Gus has an affinity for high school and FCS coaches.

Edited by Viper

52 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Forget harsin, Drinkwitz won media days.

I agree, I thought Kiffin was good also with the zing on SEC commissioner.

39 minutes ago, Viper said:

Good question. I just can’t see Gus acting alone in that decision. Bart? Kiffin? Absolutely. But not Gus alone in his first game as a FBS HC against his previous squad. Add to the fact that Gus has an affinity for high school and FCS coaches.

I do. There would be no reason for someone else to push Gus to accept it. Knowing Gus, and how he would plan one thing and then change it before game day(as told by his ex OC), then I can believe he told Harsin, one thing, and then changed his mind on gameday. 

He, as we have seen, had insecurities, and worried about extrainious things(cameras, spies, etc). So, even though he should have known Auburn would beat Ark St straight up, he still exposed an insecurity by wanting an on the field advantage by accepting the penalties.

It may seem like a bad move by Gus now but it still falls on Harsin do u let others control your fate or do u control it. The team had  just come off one of the worst seasons ever. He doesn’t really have a feel for his team yet. IDK if declining penalties is a good luck being that u are a new coach. Everyone is responsible for their own team.

• Dislike 1