• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Tigers - 42

Zips - 6

I'M EXPECTING A SHUTOUT BOYS WOOOO!!!!

• Love 1

Auburn - 48

LeBrons - 13

Offense looks a bit disjointed to start but asserts itself on the second possession and starts scoring. Akron adds a few meaningless scores in the second half. Nix goes 17-24, 250, 2TDs. We will spend the week after overanalyzing his footwork. 

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Auburn - 48

LeBrons - 13

Offense looks a bit disjointed to start but asserts itself on the second possession and starts scoring. Akron adds a few meaningless scores in the second half. Nix goes 17-24, 250, 2TDs. We will spend the week after overanalyzing his footwork. 

One thing is for certain….no one will change their mind and the arguments will continue after this one.  The excuse will be either A.  It was a cupcake game, we were supposed to dominate, and we know nothing more than we did.  Or  B.  It was the first game, those issues are to be expected.  The most improvement is always from week 1 to week 2.  

Just so you guys know, I’m rooting for you camp A!😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

31-3

I could see this but I would also be wildly disappointed in our offense only scoring 31

I don’t see Harsin as the kind to listen to media and criticism but I still believe he wants to set the tone and make what little statement can be made against cupcake university.

56-0, 42-0 at half

Edited by Jgarrett7
  • Like 1

I will preface my prediction with the fact that I know absolutely nothing about Akron and I have no idea what to expect from Auburn just yet.   I do expect Harsin to continue to run our offense and defense with subs to really get a good look at our depth, instead of going all ultra-vanilla once we’re up by a couple of scores.  
Therefore, my prediction is 45-10.  

I think the D/ST gives up a FG early while they’re adjusting to real time football, and then a late TD on 3rd stringers getting their first playing time.  The Offense starts a little slow, but then finds their rhythm and puts a lot of points on the board in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.  

• Like 1

56-0.

No brakes.

Fans feel cautiously optimistic afterwards. We see three different QBs score (Bo/TJ/Dee)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I could see this but I would also be wildly disappointed in our offense only scoring 31

I think everyone needs to set expectations accordingly around the facts that we have new coaches, new systems, and an offense that thus far has only looked "ok" in scrimmages and practices. 

We'll probably at least need a few games to get the rust off and get some rhythm going. 

I'd be fine with 31 points for game 1 as long as the defense holds true and we see good things signs from the offense. A close game wouldn't look good. 

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

56-0.

No brakes.

Fans feel cautiously optimistic afterwards. We see three different QBs score (Bo/TJ/Dee)

I think we must have had the same dream. Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I think everyone needs to set expectations accordingly around the facts that we have new coaches, new systems, and an offense that thus far has only looked "ok" in scrimmages and practices. 

We'll probably at least need a few games to get the rust off and get some rhythm going. 

I'd be fine with 31 points for game 1 as long as the defense holds true and we see good things signs from the offense. A close game wouldn't look good. 

Akron is atrociously bad. One touchdown per quarter would be rather disappointing. Our offense is going to look worse against our loaded defense than they will a flimsy Akron team. They gave up 58 points to Western Michigan last year. Kent State put up 69 on them.

• Like 2

I'll take 42-10 for my shot in the dark score prediction. I think we'll have some ugly looking drives on offense and probably some head scratching blown coverages by the defense. But in the end i think we'll all be excited about where this thing is heading and 2nd week we'll look better

10 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I'll take 42-10 for my shot in the dark score prediction. I think we'll have some ugly looking drives on offense and probably some head scratching blown coverages by the defense. But in the end i think we'll all be excited about where this thing is heading and 2nd week we'll look better

I just love we have the first two games to get things settled going into Penn State. These players should be playing with a massive chip on their shoulders.

Akron went 1-5 last year. Their lone win was against bowling green who went 0-6. That said, I think Harsin goes run heavy and doesnt want to show too much when he doesnt have to. Youll see some PA and a few option route plays but overall vanilla. 

Auburn 35

Akron 0

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I just love we have the first two games to get things settled going into Penn State. These players should be playing with a massive chip on their shoulders.

We really caught a break with this schedule and not have a marquee game to start the season. I think its going to be huge for building confidence and getting things rolling like we want. And i think the coaches are going to be the ones that benefit the most from the first 2 weeks just getting a better feel of what our guys can do well versus what they need to think about some more. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We really caught a break with this schedule and not have a marquee game to start the season. I think its going to be huge for building confidence and getting things rolling like we want. And i think the coaches are going to be the ones that benefit the most from the first 2 weeks just getting a better feel of what our guys can do well versus what they need to think about some more. 

Really hoping Hars is different from Gus regarding quarterbacks in games like this. We need a solid lead and then I want to see TJ and Dematrius run the actual offense including throwing the damn ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Really hoping Hars is different from Gus regarding quarterbacks in games like this. We need a solid lead and then I want to see TJ and Dematrius run the actual offense including throwing the damn ball.

I have zero doubts that if we see the backups that they will run the full offense. Or atleast the full offense that they are capable of running. I would assume DD for example would not have the same grasp of the offense that Bo has just because Bo is older and has played college ball before. I do think there is a chance that if we struggle some on offense that Harsin will keep Bo in there so they can continue working on different things. I can really see an argument for both cases. I imagine we'll at least see Bo and TJ if they finish camp #1 and 2. Probably won't see DD unless the Zips just aren't putting up much resistance. 

I did a quick google on Akron and found this article. https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2021/07/21/akron-vs-ohio-state-football-zips-buckeyes-2021-schedule/8013325002/ I should have checked that before making my score prediction. They have been awfully bad for the last 3 seasons or so 

• Like 1