BREAKING NEWS FROM BREITBART: Conservatives Wont Get Vaccines Because That Would Make Them Feel Like Cucks! It's Official: Owning Libs > Saving own life.

CoffeeTiger

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/09/18/nolte-anti-vaxxers-hype-benign-transmission-numbers-as-proof-vax-doesnt-work/

Basically a Far right wing writer for Breitbart who actually is pro-vaccine, says that all the anti-vaccine posts that his right wing audience floods him with whenever he says something positive about the vaccine might REALLY be Left wing trolls who are just trying to MAKE Republicans look like idiots and trying to stir up anti-vax sentiment on the right. 

It just CANT be that the average readership for Breitbart...and Trump supporters in general is several dozen IQ points below average....no...couldn't be that. 

(Actually, I do believe the writer "knows" that the US right wing is largely antivaxx on their own, but he also knows his audience wont accept that so he has to create a anti-liberal boogyman to try and get his point across)

Then we have this gem:

"

• The organized left is deliberately putting unvaccinated Trump supporters in an impossible position where they can either NOT get a life-saving vaccine or CAN feel like cucks caving to the ugliest, smuggest bullies in the world.

In other words, I sincerely believe the organized left is doing everything in its power to convince Trump supporters NOT to get the life-saving Trump vaccine.

I’m sorry, but people willing to drone strike seven children and who are eager to unleash terrorists like Antifa and Black Lives Matter into our cities are sociopaths. The left’s morality is guided only by that which furthers their fascist agenda, and so using reverse psychology to trick Trump supporters NOT to get a life-saving vaccine is, to them, a moral good. The more of us who die, the better."

----------------------------------------------------

Wow.

Conservative media in it's purest form ladies and gentlemen. 

• Thanks 1

What’s wrong with this article? He basically is saying he thinks the anti vax people are letting dumb reasons stop them from getting vaccinated. He even points out the “cases” argument is invalid. 

And he’s right for the most part. I’ve heard dumb things said about the vaccine. But it really comes down to personal choices and the left needs to accept that as well. They need to quit trying to act like they suddenly care about lives and such. 

Personally, I don’t care about others vaccine status. But, some folks would be perfectly fine with if the government ordered people to wear a “Covid Tag” just like our dogs wear their rabies tag. 

Edited by wdefromtx
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

What’s wrong with this article? He basically is saying he thinks the anti vax people are letting dumb reasons stop them from getting vaccinated. He even points out the “cases” argument is invalid. 

And he’s right for the most part. I’ve heard dumb things said about the vaccine. But it really comes down to personal choices and the left needs to accept that as well. They need to quit trying to act like they suddenly care about lives and such. 

Personally, I don’t care about others vaccine status. But, some folks would be perfectly fine with if the government ordered people to wear a “Covid Tag” just like our dogs wear their rabies tag. 

Apparently you don't even understand the epidemiological rationale for achieving high vaccination rates.  I guess science just doesn't apply to right wingers.

Your reasoning is just as faulty as the example provided by Coffee.

Frankly, I'd just as soon see anti-vaxxers die for forgoing vaccinations.  They are serving as a ongoing reservoir for the virus thus encouraging yet more variants like Delta.

Not to mention they are filling up ICUs, thus taking up beds that could be used for more responsible people with other needs.  They are also driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Apparently you don't even understand the epidemiological rationale for achieving high vaccination rates.  I guess science just doesn't apply to right wingers.

Your reasoning is just as faulty as the example provided by Coffee.

Frankly, I'd just as soon see anti-vaxxers die for forgoing vaccinations.  They are serving as a ongoing reservoir for the virus thus encouraging yet more variants like Delta.

Not to mention they are filling up ICUs, thus taking up beds that could be used for more responsible people with other needs.  They are also driving up the cost of healthcare for everyone.

I don't usually visit the political forum but decided to glance after reading 'Things I Think I Saw' summary of the game. To see a message like this is disturbing. Would this statement apply to those who refuse to take statins for high cholesterol and end up in the ICU for a stroke? As far as the vaccinations I can see the hesitancy by a large portion of the population after reading news stories such as the FDA voted against boosters for those below the age of 65. Being able to discuss items that are hot button topics are always going to evoke strong emotions but to hope those who are not of your mindset would die is pushing this beyond the extreme. At least we can agree on the statement WarEagle!!

• Facepalm 1

Apparently you don't even understand the epidemiological rationale for achieving high vaccination rates.

How so? I only pointed out what he was saying some of his followers are saying, and that he thinks it's stupid. 

Your reasoning is just as faulty as the example provided by Coffee

How is any of this my reasoning? Other than I believe it is a personal choice? You are grasping at straws to try to be right about something.....

I didn't realize how sh**ty of a human being you are. But, it doesn't surprise me since you are a far-left guy and we all know that your type has no tolerance of other's who do not agree.  

Our healthcare costs were already an a trajectory to the moon anyways. 

And as for the "Covid tags", a MAGA hat works just fine.

Then you should go out and get your tag then. 

Bottom line is, if you don't like the fact that someone doesn't want to get vaccinated for whatever reason..........tough s**t. It isn't your body, it is none of year business. Spew all the hatred you want, but it isn't going to change anything. Oh, and perhaps if people had more trust in our government in today's age there wouldn't be as many unvaxxed people. Not to mention how Biden is trying to force it on everyone. Perhaps if he'd STFU about it and stop alienating half the country more people would come around. I mean hell, he had a press conference a couple weeks ago talking about hurricane disaster and made it about getting vaccinated. 

• Dislike 1

21 hours ago, einatlanta said:

I don't usually visit the political forum but decided to glance after reading 'Things I Think I Saw' summary of the game. To see a message like this is disturbing. Would this statement apply to those who refuse to take statins for high cholesterol and end up in the ICU for a stroke? As far as the vaccinations I can see the hesitancy by a large portion of the population after reading news stories such as the FDA voted against boosters for those below the age of 65. Being able to discuss items that are hot button topics are always going to evoke strong emotions but to hope those who are not of your mindset would die is pushing this beyond the extreme. At least we can agree on the statement WarEagle!!

First, I didn't say I "hope" they die, I said I really don't care if they do. No doubt they will regret their decision either way.  It's sort of like reading about a habitual drunk driver hitting a tree and killing himself. I don't "hope" for such a thing but it doesn't bother me.  At least they didn't take innocent people with them.

Secondly, our existing ICU capacity already has people who make such lifestyle choices factored in terms of capacity.  I just chalk such behavior choices as hastening their death, which after all, happens to all of us sooner or later for a myriad of causes.  (In fact, one might argue they are maybe saving money for the rest of us by dying much earlier than they would otherwise.)  And presumably, their healthcare insurance premiums take their behavior into account.  It's well recognized that the most of one's healthcare costs occur in the later stages of life. 

Thirdly, while such lifestyle behavior most certainly does increase their risk of dying, their behavior doesn't directly affect me -  or anyone else - like anti-vaxxer behavior does.

Finally, getting a vaccination is one hell of a lot easier - trivial even - than making major changes to one's lifestyle. 

(BTW, the reason the FDA rejecting one companies application for boosters is because they said they didn't present sufficient data with their application.  If anything, that sort of caution should convince anti-vaxxers the vaccines are safe.  So that argument simply doesn't fly.)

Bottom line we would be better off as a society without anti-vaxxers. That's exactly why vaccines have been legally mandated in our past. To protect the innocent who have acted responsibly.

Thanks for a civil response.  This can be a nuanced debate.

Edited by homersapien

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It isn't your body, it is none of year business.

Remind me to borrow this in the next abortion debate. ;D

(At least a woman who chooses to have an abortion doesn't affect me or my family.)

The rest of your post was the usual irrational MAGA ka-ka.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

Remind me to borrow this in the next abortion debate. ;D

(At least a woman who chooses to have an abortion doesn't affect me or my family.)

The rest of your post was the usual MAGA ka-ka.

You don't even know my stance on abortion.

Says the disgusting liberal........

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

You don't even know my stance on abortion.

Says the disgusting liberal........

Do I really need to know your position on abortion in order to borrow a phrase from you? :dunno:

I'm proud to be a liberal, disgusting or otherwise.  Based on that phrase (I plan to borrow) we may have more in common than you realize. ;D

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Do I really need to know your position on abortion in order to borrow a phrase from you? :dunno:

I'm proud to be a liberal, disgusting or otherwise.  Based on that phrase (I plan to borrow) we may have more in common than you realize. ;D

Hell, I think it is odd that you would need to borrow a phrase about freedom of choice regarding abortion from someone that leans middle-right on things. That statement (the  borrowed one) holds true for both situations. 

Trust me, I doubt we have that much in common based on you just rather have anti-vaxers die from not getting one. Another big difference is an open mind, which you do not have. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And isn't driving drunk a "personal choice" too?

It is a personal choice, but more equivalent to not being vaccinated, knowing you caught the virus and then going to crowded places, etc. directly putting people in danger. 

• Dislike 1

In her opinion, trump couldnt even be right if he agreed with the Drs. So she would not have taken the vaccine if trump AND the Drs recommended it. Sounds like Blue MAGA to me.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Hell, I think it is odd that you would need to borrow a phrase about freedom of choice regarding abortion from someone that leans middle-right on things. That statement (the  borrowed one) holds true for both situations. 

Trust me, I doubt we have that much in common based on you just rather have anti-vaxers die from not getting one. Another big difference is an open mind, which you do not have. 🤷‍♂️

It is a personal choice, but more equivalent to not being vaccinated, knowing you caught the virus and then going to crowded places, etc. directly putting people in danger.

I don't "need" to borrow your phrase, I was just pointing out I could.  Don't put words in my mouth. Like you said, I don't know your position on abortion, nor do I care. 

Likewise, I didn't say I'd rather have anti-vaxxers die, I'd rather they get vaccinated.

But just like habitual drunk drivers it wouldn't bother me if they do die. They both are a direct threat to everyone else and don't give a s*** that they are.

Yeah, right.  I am sure the anti-vaxers are all isolating themselves in order to protect everyone else.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Likewise, I didn't say I'd rather have anti-vaxxers die, I'd rather they get vaccinated.

You sure about that? 

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Frankly, I'd just as soon see anti-vaxxers die for forgoing vaccinations.

Don't try to weasel your way out of this one............That is literally what that phrase means.........see below. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

33 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

In her opinion, trump couldnt even be right if he agreed with the Drs. So she would not have taken the vaccine if trump AND the Drs recommended it. Sounds like Blue MAGA to me.

From the very video:

"If the public health professionals...if Dr. Fauci...If the Doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely "

She's obviously saying she trusts the Doctors and medical community over Donald Trump. I don't know why that is a controversial take or why that makes her 'Blue MAGA'. 

I'll go the other way. DO NOT take a vaccine because Joe Biden says to take it. Take it because the overwhelming majority of the medical and scientific community says it is safe and most should take it. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Frankly, I'd just as soon see anti-vaxxers die for forgoing vaccinations. 

Thankfully the great people staffing the COVID units and ICU’s do not share your crap attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

From the very video:

"If the public health professionals...if Dr. Fauci...If the Doctors tell us that we should take it, I'll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely "

She's obviously saying she trusts the Doctors and medical community over Donald Trump. I don't know why that is a controversial take or why that makes her 'Blue MAGA'. 

I'll go the other way. DO NOT take a vaccine because Joe Biden says to take it. Take it because the overwhelming majority of the medical and scientific community says it is safe and most should take it. 

Wow, did you get that wrong. If trump had agreed with the Drs, she would not have taken the vax.

• Dislike 1

43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Wow, did you get that wrong. If trump had agreed with the Drs, she would not have taken the vax.

No...she clearly says if the doctors and medical professionals recommend it that she’d take it, which they did and she did. Donald Trump did approve of the vaccine btw, as he saw it as one of the best chances at re-election. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

No...she clearly says if the doctors and medical professionals recommend it that she’d take it, which they did and she did. Donald Trump did approve of the vaccine btw, as he saw it as one of the best chances at re-election. 

You got part right....I dont know that she would have taken the vax if it had been ready before the election. It would have been a small benfit to trump and that just cannot happen

• Dislike 1

17 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

You sure about that? 

Don't try to weasel your way out of this one............That is literally what that phrase means.........see below. 

OK that's fair.  Perhaps I would just as soon see them die, at least if they aren't willing to admit they were wrong.  People should be responsible for their decisions. 

But I would rather see them get vaccinated.

Edited by homersapien

Just now, homersapien said:

OK that's fair.  Perhaps I would just as soon see them die, at least if they aren't willing to admit they were wrong.  People should be responsible for their decisions. 

So you admit you would rather them die, got it. I am guessing you would like to be there to tell them "I told you so" and laugh at them too. 

32 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

So you admit you would rather them die, got it. I am guessing you would like to be there to tell them "I told you so" and laugh at them too. 

I'd rather see them behave responsibly and get vaccinated.  

(Isn't that obvious? :dunno:)

But if they choose not to, screw 'em. Let 'em die.  Serves them right. 

I'll save my empathy for people who did the right thing and then got sick.

Edited by homersapien