How We Can Beat LSU

Zeek

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s a great plan. Need to forward that to Bobo!!

image.gif.3a3bb6ff9cc741f720aae7b3c791ba73.gif

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

We need at least two sacks based on the UCLA and Mississippi State games. The secondary can't cover Boutte for 4+ seconds.

@ZeekThe thought of Boutte roaming around in between the zone coverage is not a good one. No matter what defense we call, imo we need to put our best man coverage DB on him the entire game. At least make LSU have to fight to get the ball to him instead of letting him run wide open between zones.

0 turnovers, 

Defense has to step up and hold LSU to 17 or less with at least 1 TD from the D or ST

Be ready for LSU line stunts.  They don't stunt a lot but if they watched film of GSU then we can expect more line stunts.

Stretch the field

Edited by Carnell

Johnson will have no less than 250 passing yards and 2 TD’s. All about weathering the storm. I mean how long does it take to get used to this scheme? Figure it out whatever you gotta do. Stop getting cooked out there..

They're slower than us at virtually every position and for the first time in a looooong time, our DBs as a group are better than theirs.

That's how.

It shouldn't be rocket science; we have the guys to beat them.  We just need to show an adaptive scheme on both sides of the ball.

On offense: They will probably stack the box out of the gate.  If they do, we shouldn't try to run the ball here.  Hit some quick slants, pick up yardage in the passing game.  Once they back off that, establish the run.  Once you establish the run, hit them with play action.

On defense: We know they want to throw.  Don't come out in soft zone that will allow their QB to pick us apart.  Play press man and dial up some blitz packages.

If we try to establish the run against a stacked box or come out playing D in soft zone, I will lose my mind.  This game can be won with simple coaching.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Maybe Mason could start Sarah Fuller at DE to improve our pass rush

I thought Sarah was still banged up?

On 10/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, Zeek said:

What the offense has to do to win:

• Stay ahead of the sticks. If we're in 3rd and one-to-four-yards I really think we can convert on the ground more often than not.

:thumbsup:   It seemed to me that we had a TON of 3rd and 7's in the PSU game. We've got to start picking up 4 yards or more on 1st.

This game is crucial. Seriously if we don't beat LSU is there anyone left on our schedule we could beat? Auburn has to turn itself around here. Better line play on both sides is what is needed. Its really that simple. 

• Like 2

The OCs have shown a complete inability to recognize how good Bo performed with quick RPO hitters, but I have no reason to believe the exact gameplan like last season wouldn’t succeed again, you just won’t be able to include the Seth back shoulder fades 

34 minutes ago, shabby said:

This game is crucial. Seriously if we don't beat LSU is there anyone left on our schedule we could beat? Auburn has to turn itself around here. Better line play on both sides is what is needed. Its really that simple. 

It will tell us how the rest of the season is going to go.  Walk out with an ugly L and the outlook for the next two years is going to be pretty bleak.

• Haha 1

On 10/1/2021 at 12:46 PM, ValleyTiger said:

LSU and Johnson like to throw it in those short and intermediate (10-20 yards) windows and they're getting a ton of YAC yardage so sound tackling will be key. Of course Boutte is their #1 but the TE/WR Bech is emerging as a reliable guy for them, too. Smith is their deep ball guy.

Johnson has faced a ton of pressures this year, but he's been pretty good under it. We'll need to get pressure obviously but we've got to eliminate the busted coverages and be good open field tacklers. They'll use some pace so we must get lined up and get our eyes in the right place, 👀 safeties.

They're good at passing on RPOs, but interestingly bad at rushing with them so our middle field coverage needs to be playing pass first then react run. They don't use pure play-action much been when they do it's been successful.

For us offensively, we MUST make it easier on our QB, whichever guy it is. Stop asking for the most difficult throws. Give them hots and outlets so they can have a chance against their pass rush. Get back to the timely max protection play-action shots. Let's use some RB screens to slow their rush and lean heavily on our RBs. 

We need to run out of more 10 and 11 personnel. Our efforts out of 12 personnel have been umm not good. 

Continue to mix it up in the run game.

Finally, protect the football considering it might rain, but it will for sure still be a soggy field bc of all the rain down there this week. Special teams continue to be a plus, please.

Good points, but I think they will shred our lousy D. 

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

It will tell us how the rest of the season is going to go.  Walk out with an ugly L and the outlook for the next two years is going to be pretty bleak.

The moment of truth for me is the 2023 recruiting class.

(This response applies to the Arkansas @ Georgia thread as well.)

Edited by AUwent