2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Marcus Freeman ain’t no joke when it comes to recruiting so if Ausberry commits I wouldn’t expect a flip later on down the line

My feel on Jaiden is if he commits somewhere he is going there. Just from interviews, his brother, and family that's my take. 

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'll try to make a list of projected commitment time frames but a lot of them are up in the air. Some guys have flat out said they want to see how the team looks. 

The last weekend in July is Big Cat. There are two guys I think make their decision by the end of this month (Chester and Glenn).

I also like where we're at with 4* RB Cobb. Even after an OV to Clemson he is still an Auburn lean before taking his OV here. That's good news.

I know Glenn is making his decision before the final Elite 11 camp. Is Cobb the kid from Montgomery Carver, or am I thinking of someone else?

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I know Glenn is making his decision before the final Elite 11 camp. Is Cobb the kid from Montgomery Carver, or am I thinking of someone else?

Cobb is from Montgomery I don't remember the school.

30 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Cobb is from Montgomery I don't remember the school.

Actually, I said Carver, but I think he actually plays for Catholic and I just got mixed up. But yeah, I've heard good things about him coming our direction, but I didn't remember his name. I haven't watched film or anything on him...not that I do much of that kind of thing, anyway. LOL

On 6/16/2022 at 5:31 PM, peashooter said:

30th ranked player nationally from Phenix City commits to Georgia. 

Not too surprising. They just won a natty lol. 

Lots of positive stuff seeming to happen. Just waiting for things to be more concrete. I feel really positive about a few (5-7) guys right now.

Glenn is supposed to announce at the end of this month and then July is loaded with 8+ guys saying they want to announce by then.

One thing to watch. If four-star linebacker CJ Allen pushed back his commitment day then it's a very good sign for us.

Conversely, if four-star quarterback Brock Glenn pushes back his commitment it's Panic time. His Ohio State visit is this weekend and has me concerned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm starting to think our best shot at a great recruiting class is to win a bunch of games, both early and late and if necessary, flip some top prospects that have committed elsewhere.

The likelihood of getting those wins is a subject for a different thread.

• Like 3

On 6/18/2022 at 8:52 AM, Mikey said:

I'm starting to think our best shot at a great recruiting class is to win a bunch of games, both early and late and if necessary, flip some top prospects that have committed elsewhere.

The likelihood of getting those wins is a subject for a different thread.

Those first four to five games are big. Kids will get on board after that. 

On3 says we are now in great shape for DL Anthony James. Us and UW are his final two, and he'll visit there next weekend.  Guy that really seemed to come out of nowhere on our board. Been worried about Brumbaugh so this would be huge to ease concerns 

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Those first four to five games are big. Kids will get on board after that. 

If we do well in those games, they probably will. If we're "not so hot", we could be in deep trouble.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds Good Lets Go GIF by PENNYWORTH

No kidding at all. Not kidding about this either....Couldn't you find a better gif? This one is boring.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

At Georgia, sadly.

Somewhat related the staff wants to take five defensive linemen not including edge rushers. Which makes the number of visitors and offers to defensive linemen make sense. This position feels like a domino effect to me. Once some kids start committing things should pick up rapidly. A lot of kids are looking at Georgia but they can only take so many.

It's a deep DL class. I could legitimately see us landing four 4* DL not counting edge rushers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

At Georgia, sadly.

Somewhat related the staff wants to take five defensive linemen not including edge rushers. Which makes the number of visitors and offers to defensive linemen make sense. This position feels like a domino effect to me. Once some kids start committing things should pick up rapidly. A lot of kids are looking at Georgia but they can only take so many.

It's a deep DL class. I could legitimately see us landing four 4* DL not counting edge rushers.

DL is super intriguing but worrisome. I feel like a lot of these guys view us as their backup. NT worries me because Mitchell and Jarrett seem all UGA. I guess Bertrand is the next option there, with Anthony James at the 5 tech and Josh Horton at the 3? Then another 3 and 5 maybe to get to 5?

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

At Georgia, sadly.

We will need at least 2-3 Edge Rushers in next years class plus probably two Edge Rushers from Portal.  Trying to get that many on just D-Line would normally hurt recruiting at other positions but with the new rule to allow us to recruit larger numbers to get back to 85 we just might be able to pull it off. We are looking at 8-9 D-Line and probably need at least 7-8 O-Line counting the portal which is 15-17 Trench players.  In a normal year that would only leave us 8-10 players for balance of positions.  But since we are only at about 80 or 81 right now and some of those are one and done we might be able to have 30-32 in next years class not counting attrition which could give us even more. The more of these that are HS players the higher our class ranking.  

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

DL is super intriguing but worrisome. I feel like a lot of these guys view us as their backup. NT worries me because Mitchell and Jarrett seem all UGA. I guess Bertrand is the next option there, with Anthony James at the 5 tech and Josh Horton at the 3? Then another 3 and 5 maybe to get to 5?

Auburn definitely the backup plan right now. UGA put damn near their whole defense in the first round of this past draft. Can’t blame recruits for picking them over us until we get more wins and better development 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We will need at least 2-3 Edge Rushers in next years class plus probably two Edge Rushers from Portal.  Trying to get that many on just D-Line would normally hurt recruiting at other positions but with the new rule to allow us to recruit larger numbers to get back to 85 we just might be able to pull it off. We are looking at 8-9 D-Line and probably need at least 7-8 O-Line counting the portal which is 15-17 Trench players.  In a normal year that would only leave us 8-10 players for balance of positions.  But since we are only at about 80 or 81 right now and some of those are one and done we might be able to have 30-32 in next years class not counting attrition which could give us even more. The more of these that are HS players the higher our class ranking.  

How many people do you want to play edge? lol It's one position it doesn't need five guys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

At Georgia, sadly.

We in this one. Not saying we get him. But AU is a legit contender. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Mikey said:

If we do well in those games, they probably will. If we're "not so hot", we could be in deep trouble.

AU beats Penn State, think we start to roll pretty hard. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2