Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

29 minutes ago, dilligas said:

So, al.com is saying Dilly Dilly is the favorite.  I threw up a little in my mouth when I read that.  I hope it’s not true.

Outside of that on3 network, the usual suspects have seems to be shooting in the dark. Wouldn’t put it past the guy who wanted Zak Hill over some of those other possibilities to prioritize Dilly though 

I just hate it because again, we’re getting a guy who doesn’t really know the SEC grind in recruiting

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Aucater said:

Among those candidates is current Florida State offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who previously served as Auburn’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2019 under then-coach Gus Malzahn. According to a source, Auburn reached out and had discussions with Dillingham about the vacancy Tuesday morning.  from AL.com https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/12/the-latest-on-auburns-offensive-coordinator-search.html  

Man I thought y’all were joking….

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

What do we really know about Dillingham?  OC under Gus and Gus jr.  Wasn’t he a decent recruiter?

FSU was 5-7 and 134th in scoring. He might not have had too much to work with, but that's not even good enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Dilly runs Norvell’s system, which is very similar to Gus’s.  Seems like BS designed to ruffle feathers.

Negative recruiting by Al.com. It’s obvious 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

What a clown show 🤣. A week and a half in and we are back at square one with one week til early signing day. What a disaster of an OC hire already. Now it may not be Harsin’s fault about Hill, but a #2 guy behind Hill should have already been in place once it was in question whether he’d be cleared.  And of the list I’ve seen recently, Grimes should be the only one on that list that isn’t considered a major fallback plan. To expect any of those other guys to better than Bobo who probably wouldn’t have gotten fired of Nix didn’t get hurt is a big stretch IMO. Bobo has recruited many 5 stars and actually had Bo Nix playing by far the best he ever had. You don’t Fire that guy for a major fallback option. That’s a disaster no matter how you slice it. Literally the 2nd least risky option on that list from App St 😂. Good grief what has happened here. My optimism for Harsin has absolutely tanked with this debacle. 

Weren't you one of the guys who absolutely blasted me for complaining about Harsin's IB decisions? Isn't this a little hypocritical?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aucater said:

Among those candidates is current Florida State offensive coordinator Kenny Dillingham, who previously served as Auburn’s offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach in 2019 under then-coach Gus Malzahn. According to a source, Auburn reached out and had discussions with Dillingham about the vacancy Tuesday morning.  from AL.com https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/12/the-latest-on-auburns-offensive-coordinator-search.html  

IIRC, CKD was the OC "in name only" in 2019.  CGM was calling the plays again that year.

Guest MustardSeed
9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Weren't you one of the guys who absolutely blasted me for complaining about Harsin's IB decisions? Isn't this a little hypocritical?

So wait…disagreeing with someone going on a 4 hour rant arguing with everyone on the board regarding losing to a team in the playoff in 4 OTs means I’m required to support everything Harsin does?  Interesting. Wonder if we can apply that thinking to all the posts here…including yours?….  You must not be allowed to support anything Harsin does by this same logic, right?  😂.  Nice to know. Thanks 👍👍😂

1 minute ago, Trakem said:

IIRC, CKD was the OC "in name only" in 2019.  CGM was calling the plays again that year.

True, I couldn't believe the news article when I read it either but its out there for everyone to see. 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, Aucater said:

True, I couldn't believe the news article when I read it either but its out there for everyone to see. 

Their offense (FSU) is ranked 72 in the country this year. Worse than ours with a much easier schedule. Is Bobo still available? (I kid…I kid….well…..kinda)

55 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

FSU was 5-7 and 134th in scoring. He might not have had too much to work with, but that's not even good enough to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

To be fair. He doesn’t call the plays. They coordinate together lol

But he does recruit his ass off. They have a top 10 recruiting class. And he was here for our 2019 class 

Edited by Taco

19 minutes ago, Trakem said:

And is he even calling plays at F$U?  I think Norvell calls plays, but not sure.

4 minutes ago, Taco said:

But he does recruit his ass off. They have a top 10 recruiting class. And he was here for our 2019 class 

At some point, being sh*tty as an OC and being on sh*tty teams catches up to you as a recruiter. The guy has nothing to sell.

6 minutes ago, Taco said:

Hopefully it's a moot point but I would still need to see a lot more success or potential than that before wanting to take a chance on the guy.  

41 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can something good happen to AU football this decade?? What the hell is going on ?? 

It’s been going on since the mid 2000’s. Things just lucked out a few times in between. Without patience we will continue down this road for years to come. 

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

At some point, being sh*tty as an OC and being on sh*tty teams catches up to you as a recruiter. The guy has nothing to sell.

Nobody knows if he’s s***ty or not. He’s been sheltered with Norvell and Gus in both his stops. 

I’m just trying to throw side jab at the people who just wanted a recruiter as an OC like Dell McGee or DC lol. Is he really that much different than those two?

Half of what Al.com writes is untrue, and the other half is a lie. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Hopefully it's a moot point but I would still need to see a lot more success or potential than that before wanting to take a chance on the guy.  

I think we just need to understand we’re not getting a superstar coordinator. Just hope they can recruit a little better than Bobo and not call fades in the end zone with a QB that can’t throw it and an undersized receiver. 

Or a 4&1 seam route to the tight end. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Half of what Al.com writes is untrue, and the other half is a lie. 

I’m still waiting for the report that Bill Clark turned town our OC position.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Taco said:

I’m still waiting for the report that Bill Clark turned town our OC position.

I'm waiting on Tony Franklin's podcast so I can get his take on the situation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3