Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

6 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

If next Wednesday occurs as I feel it shall, I will come looking for you 

Negative recruiting would go on no matter what. It's Auburn. It comes with the territory. Either accept it, pull up your big boy pants, and continue on and make something of it, or go and put your head in the sand and cry to mama.

You're about to find out, that Harsin is definitely a big boy

Thank you for this art. New copy/pasta just dropped. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, woodford said:

Thank you for this art. New copy/pasta just dropped. 

No worries.  I am pretty certain that Thomas Kincaide is your idea of art, so it's a pretty LOW bar

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

No worries.  I am pretty certain that Thomas Kincaide is your idea of art, so it's a pretty LOW bar

I use the same short version of art appreciation.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, DAG said:

He gives you that substance of a rebuttal and this is your response question? lol In the recruiting thread it has already been said he has been on campus.

What he said makes sense.  I still think knowing who your OC is would only help recruiting, not hurt it.  But my point really doesn't matter enough to have a conversation with though so I let it go.

3 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

It is being reported by multiple outlets that Whipple is stepping away due to family health reason. Speculation is that it is due to his wife having cancer. Football scoop had him interviewing at Nebraska. I haven't did a deep dive to get to the bottom of it yet.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32821489/nebraska-cornhuskers-hire-mark-whipple-offensive-coordinator-scott-frost

He must have stepped aside for healthy wallet reasons.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

He was making almost a half a $mil/yr at Pitt.    

15 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It's better than Lubbock, but it's also not Austin.  I get ur point, but it is a nice place to raise a family.

Just between me and you, my daughter almost went to Lubbock for school!  Dodged that bullet didn't I?   Thankfully she went to Fayetteville instead, but wow, I was worried.  

"I just like the whole Texas, western feel." She said...ugh!

I have raced bikes in Waco and found it to be fine, but not my jam.  I need a few more trees and varied geography if possible.  Where I live isn't much better. 

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

What he said makes sense.  I still think knowing who your OC is would only help recruiting, not hurt it.  But my point really doesn't matter enough to have a conversation with though so I let it go.

I could see a scenario where not knowing could actually help. Stay with me. So we know it's going to be some version of Harsin's offense anyway. He can sell that along with the alure of a  potential nameless game changing play-caller OC coming in. Kids sign. Then in steps ......

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I need a few more trees and varied geography if possible. 

My buddy has been in Las Cruces, NM for over ten years now after growing up in AL. He still misses the color green. 

West Texas... no thank you. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

My buddy has been in Las Cruces, NM for over ten years now after growing up in AL. He still misses the color green. 

That drive on I-40 through the panhandle of TX and across NM? Beautiful, for the few hours you are in it. To live amongst all that brown and orange? Uh....I'm out. I need trees. I will say, I did like Santa Fe, but I'm pretty sure it was because of the peppers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I live in Las Cruces right now and am moving back to Tennessee soon. I will never move way from green trees and mountains and rivers again. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That drive on I-40 through the panhandle of TX and across NM? Beautiful, for the few hours you are in it. To live amongst all that brown and orange? Uh....I'm out. I need trees. I will say, I did like Santa Fe, but I'm pretty sure it was because of the peppers.

Yeah man, northern NM is stunning. Especially if you get up in those hills in the fall when the aspens are blazing. (Poor choice of words given my current conversational partner, perhaps, especially since he knows damned well what trees out west look like.) But exactly. Dense green canopy is just woven into my fabric at this point and I would never feel entirely comfortable without it around. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I live in Las Cruces right now and am moving back to Tennessee soon. I will never move way from green trees and mountains and rivers again. 

Please feel free to describe all of your meals in excruciating detail until you leave. I LOVE New Mexican food. 

(Congrats on getting back to the rivers and lakes that you're used to...)

(Also, Las Cruces specifically just seems like a different world from anywhere in the SE, irrespective of natural scenery. My poet artist buddy loves it.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Just between me and you, my daughter almost went to Lubbock for school!  Dodged that bullet didn't I?   Thankfully she went to Fayetteville instead, but wow, I was worried.  

"I just like the who Texas, western feel." She said...ugh!

I have raced bikes in Waco and found it to be fine, but not my jam.  I need a few more trees and varied geography if possible.  Where I live isn't much better. 

It says good things about yourself and daughter that she has options like those.  Great job!

1 minute ago, SphyNxXx said:

Being reported that Dilly is the lead candidate.

I might have to go home for the rest of the day if that is the hire.  People will wonder why I am laughing to the point of crying at reading the comments.

I'll be pretty surprised if its Dilly.

1. He is currently working under his mentor Norvell at FSU

2. It would be a lateral move to go from FSU OC to AU OC. 

3. Why the hell would Harsin be going after him in the first place 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

"I just like the who Texas, western feel." She said...ugh!

Waco sucks.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I might have to go home for the rest of the day if that is the hire.  People will wonder why I am laughing to the point of crying at reading the comments.

FSU fans love him and don’t want him to go so there’s that I guess 

• Like 1

Sorry, but I am almost certain the Dilly business is just al dot com trolling Auburn during recruiting season.  Dilly and Harsin's offenses are nothing alike.  Dilly is a Gus disciple. No way he is on Harsin's list.  Besides, why would Dilly leave his mentor at FSU to make a lateral move?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SphyNxXx said:

Being reported that Dilly is the lead candidate.

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

FSU fans love him and don’t want him to go so there’s that I guess 

By whomst? From being a distant thought to a candidate already seems unlikely but to be the lead candidate just sounds completely made-up.

I guess that would be a welcome change of pace rather than the usual praise of saving a fanbase from their OC.