Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

2 minutes ago, Taco said:

I’m still waiting for the report that Bill Clark turned town our OC position.

Seriously, they’ve ratcheted up their anti-AU rhetoric. Can’t stand them. 

4 minutes ago, Taco said:

I think we just need to understand we’re not getting a superstar coordinator. Just hope they can recruit a little better than Bobo and not call fades in the end zone with a QB that can’t throw it and an undersized receiver. 

Or a 4&1 seam route to the tight end. 

All I wanted last year, after Harsin was hired, was an up-and-coming, innovative OC that I'd never heard of before. Then we hired Mike Bobo. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Weagle1787 said:

If we hire Dilly we've officially reached "pit of misery" status.

It's a package deal with JB Grimes coming in as OL coach.    

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jaba4ever said:

I laughed, but that hurt me physically to read.

Now the thought of it just being Dilly does not sound so bad does it??  It's all about perspective. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pat Fossum said:

My goodness the weak sauce is flowing on this site. Just because you don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes doesn’t mean bad things are happening. As far as this staff and recruiting goes they are looking at closing with nothing but blue chip recruits. Nothing but 4 stars and maybe Encye Sledge (who should be a 4 star).

What in the world do some of y’all want? Harsin and co. are hell bent on kicking ass. Get on board or get the hell out.

Im cool with this. Except the list of losers AL.com keeps trolling us with. Good chance for Harsin to come out the blue with an OC we arent talking about and be a boss. Like the way it was when Auburn hired him: It can be the new jaba: outside the box moves at every turn- can fatigue AL.com to the point they have to rethink their spitballing

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Im cool with this. Except the list of losers AL.com keeps trolling us with. Good chance for Harsin to come out the blue with an OC we arent talking about and be a boss. Like the way it was when Auburn hired him: It can be the new jaba: outside the box moves at every turn- can fatigue AL.com to the point they have to rethink their spitballing

Fingers and toes crossed!!

It can’t be overstated how critical this hire is for Harsin. He knows that in the landscape of big time college football that he is going to have to produce quickly, or things will get exponentially more difficult for him to be successful. I have zero problem with him taking his time to get his guy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Rivals just posted that Dell is not an option at this point. 

Ok. For those of u that are totally shocked Vy this revelation, I want to know who you are!😁

• Haha 1

I remember when some of our more knowledge brethren were talking about how Harsin must have already had his man and that’s why Bobo was fired so fast after the IB. How a man as thoughtful and methodical as Harsin always has a plan and works it. Oh and my favorite, silence is a good thing because it proves he’s in control of the program. I’m waiting on the plan to be revealed at this point but I’m definitely getting a little freaked out by this Dilly thing. I cannot believe his plan was to fire Bobo, wait two weeks, and then “steal” the super hot commodity Kenny Frickin Dillingham from FSU. Serenity now, serenity now. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

I remember when some of our more knowledge brethren were talking about how Harsin must have already had his man and that’s why Bobo was fired so fast after the IB. How a man as thoughtful and methodical as Harsin always has a plan and works it. Oh and my favorite, silence is a good thing because it proves he’s in control of the program. I’m waiting on the plan to be revealed at this point but I’m definitely getting a little freaked out by this Dilly thing. I cannot believe his plan was to fire Bobo, wait two weeks, and then “steal” the super hot commodity Kenny Frickin Dillingham from FSU. Serenity now, serenity now. :) 

On day 9

Sounds like Harsin might want to call plays and that's why he's considering younger guys (Austin) or recruiting impact guys (Dell). 

Grimes is probably one of the most coveted OCs rn.

• Like 3

The report I read on university of al.com said the guy from Arizona St. who even worked with Harsin was the front runner until last week. But it never explained what happened. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing McGee but I don't see that happening. So, like everyone else I'll get back in line do I can hurry up and wait.

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sounds like Harsin might want to call plays and that's why he's considering younger guys (Austin) or recruiting impact guys (Dell). 

Grimes is probably one of the most coveted OCs rn.

Anyone know if he has ever done that since being a HC? Know many successful HCs do it.

8 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

The report I read on university of al.com said the guy from Arizona St. who even worked with Harsin was the front runner until last week. But it never explained what happened. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing McGee but I don't see that happening. So, like everyone else I'll get back in line do I can hurry up and wait.

Compliance stepped in is what I have gathered. Arizona State is in deep doodoo with the NCAA for recruiting violations among other things.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AUlurker said:

Compliance stepped in is what I have gathered. Arizona State is in deep doodoo with the NCAA for recruiting violations among other things.

Ok. Thanks for the info

7 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Ok. Thanks for the info

No problem. Also from local talk radio, they said that Auburn reached out to Arizona State about information about their situation with Hill but they were dragging their feet and apparently Auburn has decided to move on.

Pitt's OC Mark Whipple just resigned. Pitt won the ACC Title at 11-2 and his QB Kenny Pickett is a finalist for Heisman saturday. He was an OC at Miami and other schools, has history in the NFL and was head coach at 2 colleges. He is 64 yrs old though but has been a good recruiter. His offense is very nice is any of you have watched them. I think he is worth calling because Narduzzi said he definately wanted Whipple to stay but he announced today he is resigning.

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

So wait…disagreeing with someone going on a 4 hour rant arguing with everyone on the board regarding losing to a team in the playoff in 4 OTs means I’m required to support everything Harsin does?  Interesting. Wonder if we can apply that thinking to all the posts here…including yours?….  You must not be allowed to support anything Harsin does by this same logic, right?  😂.  Nice to know. Thanks 👍👍😂

Yeah, my problems with Harsin are demonstrable and based on what happened in a game. You're freaking out over internet rumors of who CBH might be possibly considering for OC. Bit of a difference. If you're going to demand positivity, then certainly you shouldn't get upset over something you can't even verify is happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Off topic but give FSU another season.  Auburn fans talk about not becoming Tennessee but FSU is the program to avoid.   I really think Norvell can get them respectable if Seminole fans are patient.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Dilly runs Norvell’s system, which is very similar to Gus’s.  Seems like BS designed to ruffle feathers.

Harsin's system is close to the same as Norvell's, Gus's etc.  It is much more similar to that than to Bobo's. I'm not saying that to suggest that Dilly would be a good choice.  He wouldn't be.

Just don't understand why nothings happened yet. I expected him to just promote Kisseau. Last week thought maybe it was somebody coaching in a conference championship game, but now coordinators are getting hired daily. 

Articles about Dilly?! Did we miss on everyone?

7 hours ago, Beaker said:

Everything you said makes sense except "Waco is a nice place to live."   You been there for more than a stop at the DQ?  I am guessing you have not.  I am not bagging on Waco, but I live in TX and don't know a lot of folks that would agree with you.   

But for job security and growth - yeah - stay there.  Personally, Grimes is my #1 

It's better than Lubbock, but it's also not Austin.  I get ur point, but it is a nice place to raise a family.