Brentson Buckner Targetted by AU for DLine Coach

Didba

We know he turned down the Clemson job. I am assuming we already approached him and talked with him.  To me that means we have a chance as he could have just flat out said no, I already talked with Clemson and do not want to do college D-Line coach. This indicates he is at least thinking about it.

That or it is wishful thinking click bate and we have not even talked with him.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

55 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Update?

PLEASE!!!

there aint been nofkin new reported

1 hour ago, TXaubie said:

I just came to this thread for the Drunk Aubie tweet. Not sure where it is, but it’s a classic!!

I am no rocket scientist but I am thinking probably Twitter 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Did this end?

^This. I would like to know the current status too!

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good lord when there is an update you guys will be the first to know 

Dang dude, I thought you were bringing some good news!

Oh well ... :dunno:

Edited by Never2Yield

He has a game against the Rams tomorrow night. Ariz is a 3.5 point dog. I'm not exactly routing for them to lose. But if they do, then hopefully some motion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Good lord when there is an update you guys will be the first to know 

Any updates ?? 

hahaha . Had to. 

no really any updates?

• Haha 2

That's the downfall of going after NFL guys.  Their season could go much longer, which obviously doesn't line up with the college recruiting very well.  But it's also one of those things that are good to those who wait.  If we get him off course.  Just hope our D line players stick around long enough to wait. 

Really hope we get Buckner! This is the type of coach that we need for offensive line. Young NFL coach that can relate to recruits and is willing to recruit recruit recruit!!!

• Like 1

It is a but weird Buckner apparently told Clemson No, but all of a sudden he's our top target, there hasn't been a "No" from him, and we're not moving on to anyone else

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

It is a but weird Buckner apparently told Clemson No, but all of a sudden he's our top target, there hasn't been a "No" from him, and we're not moving on to anyone else

He could have said no, Harsin is so tight lipped with hiring coaches we don’t know.  Hopefully not.   It sure makes it frustrating for us having no information leaking, damn!!

• Haha 1

Hoping this will bring him to Auburn now.  We need to stop some bleeding on D line departures. 

• Like 2