Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

8 minutes ago, wcware said:

Guys that aren’t here?

No I'm talking about guys that replied or liked the post. There are several current players on that list. 

Either way it would be silly to discount 20 people on the word of one person

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Maybe an argument could be made that he doesn't yet fully understand the playing field he is on here, but to say he is unwilling to learn is a bit disingenuous. He has been here 14 months. I would argue it is FAR too early to make a determination about his willingness to learn. 

Fair enough. We could say he has shown no willingness to learn. He could change but I’d be surprised. 

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Team seems split..  I agree,Whatever a players perception is on how they are being treated should be taken as true. 

If Harsin treats the players all the same way, that’s all we can ask.

If he doesn’t, all the players will sniff it out sooner rather than later and he won’t last.

You agree right. My point was that it doesn't have to be a right and wrong thing as suggested. I was trying to show how crazy to assume something like that buy asking logical questions

Just now, DAG said:

Absolutely correct. I like to believe the truth is in the middle. Sandra Wooten went on a show and spoke highly of CBH after her interaction with him, and smoke is saying he never spoke to his parents. Probably truth in both but this is no reason to fire someone. There is a lot to unpack.

This is also one reason a lot of lawsuits end up getting settled vs going to court. There's dirt on each side and cross examination doesn't always go well. Wouldn't be shocked to see a settlement happen here unless there is concrete evidence to fire with cause.

“He didn’t take no bulls***. When the job didn’t get done. It was time to replace them. Put somebody in the right spot. Show up on time. That’s the first thing he taught us. Being on time can change a lot of stuff. A lot of guys didn’t like that.”

Moultry as asked if he had eligibility remaining, would he be returning to Auburn or transferring?

“I’d be coming back. I love Auburn,” he said. “If it wasn’t for Harsin, I’d be gone. The other coaches didn’t let me change. I knew I messed up, but I changed. Harsin allowed me to change. I’m happy he came. I made me believe more in myself. I’d definitely be staying at Auburn.”

• Like 5

From what I've been able to tally so far on the various social media channels...

Spoken out in favor of Harsin:  Chandler Wooten, Derrik Hall, TD Moultry, John Samuel Shenker

Spoken out against Harsin:  Zakoby McLain, Kobe Hudson, Smoke Monday, Lee Hunter

There are dudes on both sides who stayed through the end of their eligibility.  I don't know that this or that guy speaking out on one side or the other tips the scales. 

• Like 2

Just now, cole256 said:

No I'm talking about guys that replied or liked the post. There are several current players on that list. 

Either way it would be silly to discount 20 people on the word of one person

Obviously they feel some type of way for some reason. I’m a very loyal person and I ride with my dudes. That’s what shapes my opinions.

The truth is in the middle. Too much jumping out the window from both sides and I am also pointing at myself.

• Like 5

Just now, TitanTiger said:

From what I've been able to tally so far on the various social media channels...

Spoken out in favor of Harsin:  Chandler Wooten, Derrik Hall, TD Moultry

Spoken out against Harsin:  Zakoby McLain, Kobe Hudson, Smoke Monday, Lee Hunter

There are dudes on both sides who stayed through the end of their eligibility.  I don't know that this or that guy speaking out on one side or the other tips the scales. 

Shenker is pro Harsin as well

Just now, DAG said:

“He didn’t take no bulls***. When the job didn’t get done. It was time to replace them. Put somebody in the right spot. Show up on time. That’s the first thing he taught us. Being on time can change a lot of stuff. A lot of guys didn’t like that.”

Moultry as asked if he had eligibility remaining, would he be returning to Auburn or transferring?

“I’d be coming back. I love Auburn,” he said. “If it wasn’t for Harsin, I’d be gone. The other coaches didn’t let me change. I knew I messed up, but I changed. Harsin allowed me to change. I’m happy he came. I made me believe more in myself. I’d definitely be staying at Auburn.”

This right here.

• Like 1

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

Fair enough. We could say he has shown no willingness to learn. He could change but I’d be surprised. 

Well again that is the part I am arguing. I mean he has had 1 season under his belt. That's it. What gives you the feeling he has shown no willingness to learn? BTW I am not defending the season collapse, the mass exodus of players, the issue with staff, etc. Just saying...it's been one full season how can you say he has an unwillingness to learn? We have nothing to compare to ...If in year 2 he did the same thing as year one...then ok. I could see it. I just think it is waaay too premature to make that argument right now. IMO

1 minute ago, wcware said:

Obviously they feel some type of way for some reason. I’m a very loyal person and I ride with my dudes. That’s what shapes my opinions.

Well McClain spoke against. Nobody trumps him right?

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Well again that is the part I am arguing. I mean he has had 1 season under his belt. That's it. What gives you the feeling he has shown no willingness to learn? BTW I am not defending the season collapse, the mass exodus of players, the issue with staff, etc. Just saying...it's been one full season how can you say he has an unwillingness to learn? We have nothing to compare to ...If in year 2 he did the same thing as year one...then ok. I could see it. I just think it is waaay too premature to make that argument right now. IMO

Just his personality. He seems very set in his ways. His interactions with reporters. He’s not the kissing babies and shaking hands type of personality that you would expect as the face of program with Auburn’s clout. My experience is that people don’t become more amenable the longer they are on the job. 

• Like 1

Well... we've changed coaches, changed AD's, changed presidents but the dysfunction remains. WTF guys. get it together. 🤦‍♂️

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You agree right. My point was that it doesn't have to be a right and wrong thing as suggested. I was trying to show how crazy to assume something like that buy asking logical questions

Yep 👍 

8 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

I just took it as referring to Gus as the best friend, but maybe he already knows what's coming. 

I hope you're correct there. I took it as "we had a coach in Harsin and now he's gone". 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Shenker is pro Harsin as well

This just seems so out there on the surface. I guess the only thing to do is sit back and see what comes out that is actually factual.

1 hour ago, imaolgatiger said:

So Smoke proves that he’s a clown! How many games was he thrown out of because he can’t follow rules, specifically targeting? This backs up the point that we had no discipline and have/had a bunch of individuals and not team players.

Yeah....he's a different story. He's going to be in for a wide awakening in the league if he doesn't get his act together. Smoke wants to do what smoke wants to do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2