Baseball vs UAB

3-1 in the bottom of the third. Barnett on the mound and he gave up a leadoff double before retiring the next 9 batters. Unfortunately the 2 after the double were sac flies to score UABs lone run. He has struck out 5 so far.

In the 2nd, Hill walks and moves to 2nd on a balk, Foster singles, and Ware doubles to bring them home, Wyandt gets his first hit as a Tiger as he hits a rbi single.

Edit: Looking back at the stats, Barnett gave up a 1-out single in the 3rd. He has not retired 9 straight. My bad. :P

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

In the 3rd, DiChiara walks, Hall singles, Foster walks, Ware doubles to bring in 3 runs. Dyal with ANOTHER strike out, though. He struck out 3 times last game and had a double play. He has 2 strikeouts so far this game. Hopefully his bat shows up because he his batting average is around .200 right now.

6-1 Auburn going to the 4th.

Should also warn everyone that at 8, my attention will be focused on basketball. I'll try to update scores and stuff but won't be doing an in depth play-by-play.

Wyandt leads off the 4th and gets hit with a pitch. Rambusch strikes out looking but Wyandt steals second. Howell also gets hit and we have runners on 1st and 2nd for DiChiara.

DiChiara grounds out but both runners move up. New pitcher for UAB and he throws a wild pitch. Wyandt scores, Howell moves to 3rd with 2 outs. Hill flies out to end the inning.

7-1 Auburn!

• Like 2

Absolutely great inning from Barnett. Not only was it a 1-2-3 inning but he struck out 1 and only threw 10 pitches! Needed him to eat up some innings and he's done that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Should also warn everyone that at 8, my attention will be focused on basketball. I'll try to update scores and stuff but won't be doing an in depth play-by-play.

Wyandt leads off the 4th and gets hit with a pitch. Rambusch strikes out looking but Wyandt steals second. Howell also gets hit and we have runners on 1st and 2nd for DiChiara.

DiChiara grounds out but both runners move up. New pitcher for UAB and he throws a wild pitch. Wyandt scores, Howell moves to 3rd with 2 outs. Hill flies out to end the inning.

7-1 Auburn!

Thanks, have it quietly on broadcast. You do a great job

• Like 1

Foster grounds out, Farquhar flies out and is still searching for his first hit of the season, Ware reaches base on an error by the 3B and then advances to 2nd. Dyal gets hit by the pitch. Runners on 1st and 2nd 2 outs and Wyandt up. Need another clutch hit from him to drive in some more runs.

CLUTCH HITTING!

Wyandt with a 2 out single. Ware comes around to score! 8-1 Auburn!

Edit: Rambusch with another 2 out single. Dyal scores!! 9-1 Auburn!

Edited by tgrogan21

Me likey all this clutch hitting! Howell with the 3rd single in a row and Wyandt comes around to score! 10-1 Auburn!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Absolutely great inning from Barnett. Not only was it a 1-2-3 inning but he struck out 1 and only threw 10 pitches! Needed him to eat up some innings and he's done that.

Love hearing a great outing from him

Edited by SaltyTiger

DiChiara walks to load the bases! New pitcher for UAB and he falls behind 3-0 to Hill but then battles back to 3-2, before losing it and walking him.

11-1 Auburn.

With this big of a lead, my updates are done for the night. Glad to see some clutch batting from the bottom of our line up. War Eagle, everyone!

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just learned from broadcast that Casey UAB coach. Great playing these midweek games. Feel we are in great shape this year.

Yep, Casey Dunn knows the likelihood of the Auburn job opening up again is probably pretty low now (can I a get an amen?).  Needed to re-route to get a gig at a major power.  Love me some Casey though....I played for his dad and he's the spitting image in every way.  

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yep, Casey Dunn knows the likelihood of the Auburn job opening up again is probably pretty low now (can I a get an amen?).  Needed to re-route to get a gig at a major power.  Love me some Casey though....I played for his dad and he's the spitting image in every way.  

We have a great one in Butch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

We have a great one in Butch.

You got that right....great coach and even better human being.  I'd love to see Allen Greene give him a lifetime contract as well.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You got that right....great coach and even better human being.  I'd love to see Allen Greene give him a lifetime contract as well.

So approachable. Happens that we meet often at business close to campus. Loves to talk baseball with us commoners.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

So approachable. Happens that we meet often at business close to campus. Loves to talk baseball with the commoners.

Pretty cool...he's the epitome of a gentle soul.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty cool...he's the epitome of a gentle soul.

He enjoys visiting the store where I have had coffee for years. Just a great guy.