Lack of National Respect

kennypowers

6 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

If there was any "disrespect". I would say there is a [negative] bias against the SEC teams and a [positive] bias for the Big 12 teams.  At this late run into the season, the Big 12 is getting lots of love to possibly have two #1 seeds, that their conference is deep and talented...  Big 10 gets some conference love, lots of good teams that beat themselves up so no one team can rise above the pack.  The SEC... maybe two lower #2 seeds.

Perhaps it is a bleed over form the SEC football dominance that others don't want to recognize the SEC has stepped up their game; for basketball we are not a 1 trick pony anymore. 

Look at the head to head matchups, the SEC won the SEC/Big12 challenge 6 - 4.  Our middle pack team bested Gonzaga and Baylor.  UK destroyed Kansas on their home court.  I don't think we have anything to prove anymore.  Whatever the seeding, I believe the SEC team strengths will come through.  I believe we have 4 really strong teams that could have 2-3 make it to a final 4 - but if the seeding puts 3 of them in one bracket so the SEC can only get 1 to a final 4 showing then that team needs to win it all to stick everyone in the eye...

Kentucky wins the Natty if healthy, imo. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

If there was any "disrespect". I would say there is a [negative] bias against the SEC teams and a [positive] bias for the Big 12 teams.  At this late run into the season, the Big 12 is getting lots of love to possibly have two #1 seeds, that their conference is deep and talented...  Big 10 gets some conference love, lots of good teams that beat themselves up so no one team can rise above the pack.  The SEC... maybe two lower #2 seeds.

Perhaps it is a bleed over form the SEC football dominance that others don't want to recognize the SEC has stepped up their game; for basketball we are not a 1 trick pony anymore. 

Look at the head to head matchups, the SEC won the SEC/Big12 challenge 6 - 4.  Our middle pack team bested Gonzaga and Baylor.  UK destroyed Kansas on their home court.  I don't think we have anything to prove anymore.  Whatever the seeding, I believe the SEC team strengths will come through.  I believe we have 4 really strong teams that could have 2-3 make it to a final 4 - but if the seeding puts 3 of them in one bracket so the SEC can only get 1 to a final 4 showing then that team needs to win it all to stick everyone in the eye...

Big 12 deserves it imo. I think it’s a deeper conference, but who knows how big the gap is? Probably not that much. Like the worst in the Big 12 is better than the worst in the SEC, that’s the biggest distinction

Id take UK, Ark and Tenn over KU, BU, and TT right now though. That’s the biggest advantage SEC has is the top dogs 

4 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Kentucky wins the Natty if healthy, imo. 

Weirdly enough, I feel like Duke is a matchup that gives them problem. And I do not think Duke is a great great team. This is one of Cal’s better on court coaching jobs, but generally it’s just his dudes against your dudes. If Duke can make it an athlete vs athlete game, they got more than enough massive bodies for Oscar. Got size for Wheeler and Tyty

I could see UK feast on finesse teams though. Like a Gonzaga’s gonna have some issues with not fouling out against Toppin, Ware and Tshib. Nightmare matchup for them 

On 3/10/2022 at 11:26 AM, kennypowers said:

I realize we dropped some games late that we shouldn't have, but in all 4 season losses (2 in OT), our Average Differential in those games is -4 points.

Total Losses Avg. Point. Diff - 

Auburn:  -4 points
Duke:  -4.4 points (Minus UNC Game: -2.22)
Kentucky:  -6.83 points
Gonzaga:  -7.33 points
Kansas:  -8.33 points
Villanova:  -10.14 points
Baylor:  -10.6 points
Tennessee:  -10.71
Arizona:  -12 points

Duke...in Coach K's last year (in my mind) is the biggest threat.  It's got all the storybook potential.  Auburn fans know a little bit about storybooks, and we've got one in the making too.  Could be the tournament of a lifetime.

I hope you are right. We need a good run. The team is dangerous but they have got to realize the game starts at the first tip-off, not 20 minutes later and 10 points down.

On 3/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, TeamZero77 said:

When you lose 9 games in the regular season and there's alot of good teams during that same regular season, it kinda happens that way. That 2019 team got hot in tourney time but they weren't really that special during the regular season. 

Tennessee won all of its games in the SEC Tourney. What was their reward? A 3-seed. 

UK, who has an identical record as TN, and who lost to TN 2 out of 3 times, gets a 2-seed.

Unless your name is UK…you get zero respect from the committee if you’re a SEC team.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:09 PM, TeamZero77 said:

I hope and pray 2 of our guards aren't at Auburn next season because it will be much of the same if they are. Low IQ basketball and wanting to be the hero in every game gets quiet old after awhile.

Bruce has to coach that out or sub others.