Men vs Miami Game Thread

Maverick.AU

5 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

By the way, it’s going to be Chet at number 1.  

Chet looked very shaky last night and it seems he has a very hard time doing anything with athletic bigs. Despite his off shooting night , Jabari game will transition much quicker than Chet IMO.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

A consistent 3 point shooter and guard play. Full stop. 

You mean driving to the basket out of control with your head down isn't good guard play? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, zeroforwinger said:

At the same time, Jabari and Kessler don’t do anything to get open without the ball. Jabari just stands at the key and asks for the ball. Kessler never posts anyone up and plays at his height. It puts the pressure on the guards to beat their man off the dribble too much. 

I mean there was literally a play where he posted up on the elbow and Wen threw it 8 feet away from him into Bruce Pearl's lap. I'm not sure what any human being can do to get that ball brother 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

You could always watch Softball and join in on the threads over there. 25-2 and off to one of our best seasons. ;)

Yep!  And we got some dang sluggers on that team too! A bunch of freshmen making it happen.  It's fun. 

• Like 2

Guess we got our wake up call. I enjoyed the dream while it lasted.

War Eagle!!!

• Like 2

thank you Mav

All the credit goes to the Canes

AU played like trash and Bruce coached like it too. Horrible ending to the year . Absolutely terrible . 

Edited by JDUBB4AU
  • Like 4

Difference is the support cast in 2019 vs this year. Teams will try to take your main guys out the game and dare others to beat you. They did, and while KD and Jaylin tried, we simply don't have the horses outside of those two. We all knew if they played bad we were done for 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zeroforwinger said:

At the same time, Jabari and Kessler don’t do anything to get open without the ball. Jabari just stands at the key and asks for the ball. Kessler never posts anyone up and plays at his height. It puts the pressure on the guards to beat their man off the dribble too much. 

Kessler can’t post up. He literally doesn’t have any post moves. 

• Like 1

Always been saying lack of guardplay and our inability to be patient and set up plays gonna get us out after the first game. 

Hope everybody doesn't melt too much. Tomorrow if anybody wants I'll be down to talk to people about what they think we were missing this year and what can improve us next year. I'll give my thoughts too (if people want to talk about it)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, e808 said:

Disappointing Michigan and Gonzaga were behind in both of their games. In the second half the both came out and established their inside guys. Don’t understand why Auburn couldn’t do the same vs a smaller team

We have no inside game... Jabari is a jump shooter and I honestly don't know what Kessler is offensively 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep!  And we got some dang sluggers on that team too! A bunch of freshmen making it happen.  It's fun. 

Softball is strange. I follow them on Twitter and some days it seems like they play 5 games. 

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Semantics. My bad. Maybe I should have said he got outcoached a lot. Would that make you feel better? Whether we were predicted to not be very good really doesn't matter. We ended up being good and Bruce got outcoached in some critical games. It's that simple. I never said he sucks. He clearly doesn't. But watching other teams make adjustments and some of the weird rotations have baffled me. 

All I'm gonna say on this. I'm in a bad mood (since you made me feel better....), but don't say he got outcoached all year and then say semantics when confronted on it. Plenty of hate this year in threads in bad games, and there were some of times he was outcoached, but damn, it gets old as hell. Actually have discussion instead of doing the typical auburn fan response and want to act the like the coach sucks ass

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean there was literally a play where he posted up on the elbow and Wen threw it 8 feet away from him into Bruce Pearl's lap. I'm not sure what any human being can do to get that ball brother 

Yeah there were a lot of bad plays tonight. I just mean in general, throughout the season, Jabari had a few places where he wanted the ball and made no effort to run a flex offense. Kessler’s offense was just to separate from the ball handler on drives so he could get dunks when his man went to cut off the ball. When your two best players don’t run any offense, the guards have to do it themselves. 

Their bigger experienced guards dictated the pace and our bigs vanished, surprisingly.   And no, Kessler is NOT NBA ready.   He will get killed.  Jabari is ready but had a horrendous game.  Their 5-out offense really negated our front court.   Well-coached. 

1 minute ago, aucanucktiger said:

Hard to believe this talent didnt make it to the 16 best when it counted.

This would’ve been the year to do it. The bracket was very favorable ..

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I heard several commentators in Dec question if we were built right (average talent guards)  for the variety of styles we’d see in tournament.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

We have no inside game... Jabari is a jump shooter and I honestly don't know what Kessler is offensively 

An ally-ooper and that’s about it.

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Remember earlier in the season when Kessler was automatic rolling to the rim in the pick and roll? That totally disappeared.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Kessler can’t post up. He literally doesn’t have any post moves. 

Yep none at all. His offensive game is limited to finding space in the lane on drives by other players. It would be to his benefit to come back and develop a mid range game, and get stronger so he can score inside. Also, can’t blame him if he goes pro and gets paid based off his defensive performance. 

4 minutes ago, Fishnvet1 said:

Again, Pearl did an awful job of developing an offense. Weakness was covered up when guys where making shots. Once shots weren't falling and teams punched us in mouth, we folded. 

He can't make the shot for the players. I agree that Bruce could have enforced the players to RUN the offense better by demanding better passing and cutting. I also think he needs to learn when to take control over the team in key moments. We don't have the leadership and guys at guard to do that at this point. 

But what else is he supposed to do? I just don't understand all the Bruce bashing when we know if we don't shot well as a team and turn the ball over, we're likely going to lose b/c we're not a good offensive team. We have a slim margin of error as a team unlike teams like 

Tough loss for sure but Miami deserved it.  Reminded me of our Final Four team.

Auburn was still a history-making team in our record books.  Still very proud of everyone.  Always next year with Bruce as head coach.  War Eagle!

• Like 2