Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

15 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I agree, but DD with his running abilities could have made defenses honest and maybe created something. The first season was trash and a throw away year . Players didn’t match the system etc. Strictly an opinion, but DD would have been the difference in a few games . 

A below average arm and bad accuracy doesn't keep a D honest. 

12 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Please tell me how do you know this for a fact? FACTS. How do you know Harsin didn't play him simply because he didn't have in game experience? You don't know for fact. No one does. 

You can say that NOW about Malik since he's going to be a top drafted QB. But did you have the same comments about Malik BEFORE going to Liberty and playing? If so, please show me where you stated such. If not, then like i said..he got an opportunity. He was buried on the depth chart at AU. Kyler Murray is short..did you say the same about him?

All i'm saying is let's not resort to saying a QB wasn't any good without ANY live game performances to back up that statement. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't play. 

I don't know what specific things you want me to point as facts, but everything I said about his position on the DC, size, arm strength, has been shown to all of us and we can see them with our own eyes.

I wasn't on this website when Malik was here, so I can't point you to my comments.  I thought he had talent, we saw his arm strength in action during A-Day.

Again, DD is not Kyler Murray.  Just b/c they are both short doesn't mean they have the same skillset and abilities.  Using a guy that is 1 out of thousands of sub 5'10 QBs that ended up being good is a massive leap of faith.

Just now, W.E.D said:

I don't know what specific things you want me to point as facts, but everything I said about his position on the DC, size, arm strength, has been shown to all of us and we can see them with our own eyes.

I wasn't on this website when Malik was here, so I can't point you to my comments.  I thought he had talent, we saw his arm strength in action during A-Day.

Again, DD is not Kyler Murray.  Just b/c they are both short doesn't mean they have the same skillset and abilities.  Using a guy that is 1 out of thousands of sub 5'10 QBs that ended up being good is a massive leap of faith.

How had it been shown at AU? Point me to which game you're referring to?

You're referring to Malik during A-Day but DD had the best throw from our most recent A-Day. It's ok to say that's your opinion on a player b/c we all have opinions on players. But it's simply unfair to automatically presume at a position like QB a guy isn't any good when you have not seen him in live game situations. It's so many factors and as some have stated a big one is being in the right system and/or coach. 

I never eluded DD was Kyler or Malik. I mentioned Kyler b/c you stated DD was too short and the new QB we have was a better and taller version of him. He may be. But again, these are all assumptions. 

Just stating the fact i saw no one saying what you stated about Malik until AFTER he was given the chance to be within a system and coach to utilize him correctly. DD may move on to be an average QB or make no impact at all. I just think it's fair to completely right him off b/c of the many factors that went on at AU. 

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Please tell me how do you know this for a fact? FACTS. How do you know Harsin didn't play him simply because he didn't have in game experience? You don't know for fact. No one does. 

You can say that NOW about Malik since he's going to be a top drafted QB. But did you have the same comments about Malik BEFORE going to Liberty and playing? If so, please show me where you stated such. If not, then like i said..he got an opportunity. He was buried on the depth chart at AU. Kyler Murray is short..did you say the same about him?

All i'm saying is let's not resort to saying a QB wasn't any good without ANY live game performances to back up that statement. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't play. 

You'll have to point out to me where Malik and Kyler were weak armed and skipping routine passes against air for the better part of a year in practice. 

1 minute ago, GunsmithAU said:

You'll have to point out to me where Malik and Kyler were weak armed and skipping routine passes against air for the better part of a year in practice. 

This isn't a knock on DD but he isn't in the same league as Malik or Kyler. They both got it done in practice to earn the spot on thebfield. DD cannot say that. 

10 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

How had it been shown at AU? Point me to which game you're referring to?

Go look at A-Day.  He crow hops and launches it 35 yards.  His summer passing video all his balls flutter.  He doesn't have a good arm.  Ask anyone with access to the program.

11 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

DD had the best throw from our most recent A-Day.

He threw it as hard he could and it went 35 yards.  That throw wasn't really that amazing.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Go look at A-Day.  He crow hops and launches it 35 yards.  His summer passing video all his balls flutter.  He doesn't have a good arm.  Ask anyone with access to the program.

He threw it as hard he could and it went 35 yards.  That throw wasn't really that amazing.

You're the one that referenced Malik to ADay..not me. lol. My point is that if you're referencing good things with Malik in ADay...DD did some good things in ADay as well. One of them being the best throw in the game. He eluded the rush. Everything Malik did in Aday wasn't spectacular. It never is with many of our QBs. lol. 

You have no reference to an actual game he played in at Auburn. 

• Thanks 1

Let's play rapid fire!

Malik is the exception to the rule, not the rule. He has broken our brains and every athletic QB sitting on the bench will be compared to Malik for years. This will become obnoxious. 

Nobody knows, but most signs indicate Davis will never be a starting SEC QB. 

Stidham was a much better than average college QB, stuck in a terrible offense. 

You can't blame Harsin for not having a 3rd string QB ready in his first year, especially after he transferred in the 2nd string QB. 

The time to worry about this roster has long since past, although Davis is not a concern. 

I enjoy the feisty version of Big Bird.

I like when Loof and WED argue.

Ok, that's all for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

You have no reference to an actual game he played in at Auburn. 

I mean, bruh....he didn't play in games b/c he was behind Grant Loy.

He probs would have been amazing tho 🤡

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

It just strengthens our relationship.  Especially when he calls me stupid or dumb 19 times in one post. 

Steel hardens Steel

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I mean, bruh....he didn't play in games b/c he was behind Grant Loy.

He probs would have been amazing tho 🤡

Very mature response. But I've made my points. You have no facts.

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, cbo said:

Let's play rapid fire!

Malik is the exception to the rule, not the rule. He has broken our brains and every athletic QB sitting on the bench will be compared to Malik for years. This will become obnoxious. 

Nobody knows, but most signs indicate Davis will never be a starting SEC QB. 

Stidham was a much better than average college QB, stuck in a terrible offense. 

You can't blame Harsin for not having a 3rd string QB ready in his first year, especially after he transferred in the 2nd string QB. 

The time to worry about this roster has long since past, although Davis is not a concern. 

I enjoy the feisty version of Big Bird.

Ok, that's all for now.

Malik may be the exception to the rule but the only reason we know that he was is that he got an opportunity and was in the right system with the right coaches. It's easy to say he's the exception after the fact. People can say that now only because he's going to the NFL. Most were on here saying the exact same statements when Malik transferred. 

Lamar Jackson was regarded as a "nice to have" on the QB roster if he signed with Auburn. I get it that some guys don't fit the plan/system. It's just interesting to me to right people off without them having a chance to prove otherwise. There's no game film to point to. There may not be a lot of Maliks but still remains that it's very possible. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Very mature response. But I've made my points. You have no facts.

lol.  Your facts are "he might be good b/c we haven't seen him and Kyler Murray"

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

It just strengthens our relationship.  Especially when he calls me stupid or dumb 19 times in one post. 

Steel hardens Steel

I’m all for it. This place has been way too boring lately. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

lol.  Your facts are "he might be good b/c we haven't seen him and Kyler Murray"

You made the bold statements about his lack of skills. I asked you where is the film to show that. I stated we don't know what he is or isn't b/c he doesn't have game film at AU. You showed nothing to state he was undersized, inaccurate, etc. in order to have a chance to lead 1 or 2 series as a QB. You made those statements. lol. So yes, YOU need facts to back it up or it's just your opinion. Which you're entitled to but it's not facts. But carry on..

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why doesn't anyone ever ask why Loy "didn't get a chance"? He was ahead of Davis on the depth chart, correct?

He got the most playing time in ADay. Why didn't either get a series or two? Only Harsin and Bobo knows the answer. 

59 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

This isn't a knock on DD but he isn't in the same league as Malik or Kyler. They both got it done in practice to earn the spot on thebfield. DD cannot say that. 

I don't think anyone will ever convince me that he wouldn't have been the better option at some point during regulation in last year's Iron Bowl.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why doesn't anyone ever ask why Loy "didn't get a chance"? He was ahead of Davis on the depth chart, correct?

Did he win 16 straight District Titles in Texas?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cbo said:

I’m all for it. This place has been way too boring lately. 

It's weird, there's so little to talk about in the middle of spring practice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Needs more violence and nudity IMO

Quick... somebody add a clip from GOT.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Malik may be the exception to the rule but the only reason we know that he was is that he got an opportunity and was in the right system with the right coaches. It's easy to say he's the exception after the fact. People can say that now only because he's going to the NFL. Most were on here saying the exact same statements when Malik transferred. 

Lamar Jackson was regarded as a "nice to have" on the QB roster if he signed with Auburn. I get it that some guys don't fit the plan/system. It's just interesting to me to right people off without them having a chance to prove otherwise. There's no game film to point to. There may not be a lot of Maliks but still remains that it's very possible. 

It's possible but you could say that about any player. Only so many get to play. I'm mostly just talking odds here. 

And as many concerns as I have with Harsin, I trust his QB evaluations much more than Gus'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Ok. I get you are not nor have you been high on DD. Yes there have been consistent reports about his accuracy. 

I know he doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but this notion that he can't throw it 35 yards or trying to say that it took "everything he had" to get it 35 yards is absolutely false. There is plenty of evidence to disprove this claim. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Needs more violence and nudity IMO

Agree. Maybe some adult themes, hard language, and drug abuse. 

• Thanks 1