Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

13 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

To all of the people, mainly one person, who said DD was not an SEC QB. Would you have ever thought that Malik Willis, after this spring game performance, would be considered a first round pick? Probably not! Malik doesn't look like an SEC QB, from this spring game, but with the proper coaching he has now positioned himself to be one of the first QBs taken. Some of you arm chair coaches really need to stop!

He looked dramatically better in the spring game after this one, not sure why you picked 2018 instead

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Interesting.

I see Ro, but I didn't see DD there either. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/

I wouldn’t look too much into it but that is a little weird. They even have Caylin Newton in there listed under QB’s even though he switched positions 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I wouldn’t look too much into it but that is a little weird. They even have Caylin Newton in there listed under QB’s even though he switched positions 

Legitimately was surprised not see him.

4 hours ago, eagle63 said:

Not finding DD in the transfer portal

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting.

I see Ro, but I didn't see DD there either. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/

I mean a transfer to UCF shouldn't have taken more than a few days anyway

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Since only two of the 21 who have bailed out of Auburn this cycle have chosen to attend UCF, they may not have the paperwork system down pat yet.

That 247 portal site, while accurate in general, has been slow to post/correct things since it started. For example, just the other day they still had J. Johnson listed even though he's in school at AU and practicing with the team. He may still be listed, I haven't checked recently.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Since only two of the 21 who have bailed out of Auburn this cycle have chosen to attend UCF, they may not have the paperwork system down pat yet.

There are 255 total college football teams in D1+2. But 10% of our outward transfers going to 1 school isn't noteworthy. Got it 

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

There are 255 total college football teams in D1+2. But 10% of our outward transfers going to 1 school isn't noteworthy. Got it 

A whole 10%? Two of 21? WOW!

AU's top returning receiver and the top prospect from the 2021 recruiting class going to a place where the staff already recognizes their talent shouldn't surprise anyone. Those two could have pretty much named their new school (s).

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

AU's top returning receiver and the top prospect from the 2021 recruiting class going to a place where the staff already recognizes their talent shouldn't surprise anyone. Those two could have pretty much named their new school (s).

Being AUs top reciever last year is like being the prettiest ugly girl. You don't go to UCF when you can 'name your new school'. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Anybody else think maybe SMU for DD?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Also Dylan Brooks is still at Auburn. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Also Dylan Brooks is still at Auburn. 

There were four (4) 4* players in that class. Brooks is the only one left. One went to Ga. Tech, One to UCF and D. Davis hasn't chosen yet. All four were rated at 5.9 by Rivals. If you can prove Brooks was rated above the three who have left, please do so.

8 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Being AUs top reciever last year is like being the prettiest ugly girl. You don't go to UCF when you can 'name your new school'. 

If you like Central Florida and the UCF coaching staff, then you certainly do pick UCF.

57 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There were four (4) 4* players in that class. Brooks is the only one left. One went to Ga. Tech, One to UCF and D. Davis hasn't chosen yet. All four were rated at 5.9 by Rivals. If you can prove Brooks was rated above the three who have left, please do so.

Brooks was also the only one recruited by the new staff as well. Recruiting rankings can be deceiving. Lee Hunter will likely become a monster, but I disagree that he could pick any school to transfer to. Go watch the spring game from last year. Lot of bad weight on him. He's really more of a developmental guy that needs 2-3 years in a college S/C program rather than the instant impact lineman we were hyped on. Then you got a hidden guy like Jarquez who was lowly ranked but a monster in the weight room with a college ready body

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

All four were rated at 5.9 by Rivals. If you can prove Brooks was rated above the three who have left, please do so.

First off. You're wrong. They weren't all 5.9. So definitely starting off bad.

Second, this might be the most disingenuous of a post I've ever seen in my life. Pretending nearly all 4* kids are the same and their actual numerical order ranking just doesn't count and there us no difference between #100 and #250

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

247 composite ranking, ggez

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

247 composite ranking, ggez

Anything over rivals horrible and archaic ranking system.  They don't even put effort into evaluating talent like 247 does.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Anything over rivals horrible and archaic ranking system.  They don't even put effort into evaluating talent like 247 does.

I know of many D1 teams what use 247 for recruit info. Personal experience doing so as well in D1 football. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

I know of many D1 teams what use 247 for recruit info. Personal experience doing so as well in D1 football. 

Right, I was complementing 247 vs Rivals

On 3/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, maryland tiger said:

To all of the people, mainly one person, who said DD was not an SEC QB. Would you have ever thought that Malik Willis, after this spring game performance, would be considered a first round pick? Probably not! Malik doesn't look like an SEC QB, from this spring game, but with the proper coaching he has now positioned himself to be one of the first QBs taken. Some of you arm chair coaches really need to stop!

you are correct, with proper coaching and his work.   There was a good interview he gave and I heard a snip it on Locked ON SEC where he said, he learned how to commit himself and work at the D1 level when he went to Liberty. They had a conversation about working at practice.   The interview guy didn't push, but it's kinda obvious Malik knew he had to learn to do the prep for practice, prep for the games and really step it up.

I think he deserves a lot of credit.  As does his coaches, but he basically said he didn't commit himself at Auburn.   

• Like 1