Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

On 4/5/2022 at 10:03 AM, bigbird said:

That's not true? Would you like me to list them? 

You are the only regular Gus defender. Everyone else just pops in when there is negativity happening.  I applaud your perseverance and dedication to defending Gus, but I'd like to think you would put the same effort into Auburn's current head coach as you had stated you would  previously. 

Since his hire, you have repeatedly taken the side opposed to Auburn. I don't know why, but to pretend there isn't a faction that spams the board and pushes thier negative agenda is silly and either intentionally blind or complicit in the smear campaigns.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Holy Mother of God every thread is subverted in to Gus Malzahn talk 

That's only because of like... 3 things.

1: Gus is definitively the greatest AU coach of all time.

2: Gus is arguably the greatest coach in NCAA history.... arguably.

3: Gus might be the greatest human being to ever walk in the state of Alabama. If not #1, he's def top ten.

What I have stated are undeniable facts. Do not try to persuade myself or others of this.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

And Dee lands at the football powerhouse UTSA  

Traylor is a hell of a coach.  That'll be a good spot for Dee.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Good for him. Big fan of Traylor as well. Should be an offense he fits in well and can hopefully start quickly

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

Good for him. Big fan of Traylor as well. Should be an offense he fits in well and can hopefully start quickly

He could easily be the next Longo.

• Like 1

Good luck to DD.

In an odd way, it likely confirms the coaches decision not to put him in last fall (when we all thought he should just try - TJ and Bo were broken.)

UTSA had a pretty good team last year.  Went 12-2 and beat Illinois.   I think DD could have helped us in spots last year, and I'll be rooting for him at UTSA.  No way will letting him go be a bigger mistake than Malik. It's sad when you have first round NFL QB talent on your own team and you don't see it.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 6:26 PM, Mims44 said:

That's only because of like... 3 things.

1: Gus is definitively the greatest AU coach of all time.

2: Gus is arguably the greatest coach in NCAA history.... arguably.

3: Gus might be the greatest human being to ever walk in the state of Alabama. If not #1, he's def top ten.

What I have stated are undeniable facts. Do not try to persuade myself or others of this.

I don’t think we will try to persuade you or anyone else of these “facts”.😃

On 4/13/2022 at 8:36 AM, GunsmithAU said:

Apparently that's not right.  Was this confirmed or a rumor?

He just committed to Alabama State

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Must've been a rumor. I looked it up and never saw any articles about it. Just one with him saying goodbye to AU but no mention of UTSA. ASU is a much worse landing spot. Hope he tears it up though. Pulling for him

17 minutes ago, au302 said:

Must've been a rumor. I looked it up and never saw any articles about it. Just one with him saying goodbye to AU but no mention of UTSA. ASU is a much worse landing spot. Hope he tears it up though. Pulling for him

Worse?

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Brad Lester was the one who put out the UTSA info. 

Screenshot_20220418-215528_Brave.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

About like Liberty?

No idea how their respective histories match, but sure, they both currently have two damn fine coaches in Freeze and Traylor that have each rolling pretty good

11 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Hope he balls out. Never mad at guys going to HBCU’s

Curious that he would choose there with such a good/crowded QB room if he truly had an offer from UTSA.

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Curious that he would choose there with such a good/crowded QB room if he truly had an offer from UTSA.

I'm going to guess he didn't have an offer from UTSA.  He went to a much worse school/program in a much worse division/league.

Does transferring to FCS count against your 1 time transfer?  Could he think he'll start, show potential, then be able to transfer back to FBS next year?  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I'm going to guess he didn't have an offer from UTSA.  He went to a much worse school/program in a much worse division/league.

Does transferring to FCS count against your 1 time transfer?  Could he think he'll start, show potential, then be able to transfer back to FBS next year?  

That’s probably a good thought.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That’s probably a good thought.

But at the same time, they have 3 QBs returning that all started games last year and actually played pretty well.

Seems like a really odd decision.  It's not like there is a huge opening for playing next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

they have 3 QBs returning that all started games last year and actually played pretty well

I wonder what their eligibility situations are. If they're older, I get it. Especially from a development standpoint. If he sees 3 guys who all played well and who will all be gone soon, then he's a guy with lots of eligibility left who can count on getting good coaching in a (presumably) QB-friendly offense. 

I mean, it still might not be *the best* decision, but there could be logic there.

Of course, if he didn't get a committable offer from UTSA, then maybe it actually was the best choice available to him. 

(Never mind that it's right down the road from where he already was, might be a great cultural fit, might have gotten some Donald Watkins money, whatever.)

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder what their eligibility situations are. If they're older, I get it. Especially from a development standpoint. If he sees 3 guys who all played well and who will all be gone soon, then he's a guy with lots of eligibility left who can count on getting good coaching in a (presumably) QB-friendly offense. 

I mean, it still might not be *the best* decision, but there could be logic there.

Of course, if he didn't get a committable offer from UTSA, then maybe it actually was the best choice available to him. 

(Never mind that it's right down the road from where he already was, might be a great cultural fit, might have gotten some Donald Watkins money, whatever.)

1 is a True Jr.  he was the Freshman of the year in '21.  He's got 2 years left.

The other two are Sophs, I believe.  He's a RSFR.  I'm not sure I see him starting there this year.

• Like 1