Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

you are correct, with proper coaching and his work.   There was a good interview he gave and I heard a snip it on Locked ON SEC where he said, he learned how to commit himself and work at the D1 level when he went to Liberty. They had a conversation about working at practice.   The interview guy didn't push, but it's kinda obvious Malik knew he had to learn to do the prep for practice, prep for the games and really step it up.

I think he deserves a lot of credit.  As does his coaches, but he basically said he didn't commit himself at Auburn.   

To me that also means he didn't have a coach that pushed him to get better. Some Auburn coaches like Rodney Garner pushed their players while also acting like Father figures not all coaches are the same. The move to Liberty was probably a combination of his maturing and a coach who pushed him to make him better.

• Like 3

I think some put too much weight into what MW said. I mean what's he supposed to say, My head coach is an idiot. He plays favorites and has no understanding of the position but won't hire a real QB coach to help?

Take the high road, admit it was your fault, speak in platitudes, mention the hard work put in to be better, and laugh your happy ass off all the way to the bank. Thinking, "Thanks Gus"

• Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

I think some put too much weight into what MW said. I mean what's he supposed to say, My head coach is an idiot. He plays favorites and has no understanding of the position but won't hire a real QB coach to help?

Take the high road, admit it was your fault, speak in platitudes, mention the hard work put in to be better, and laugh your happy ass off all the way to the bank. Thinking, "Thanks Gus"

I remember being shocked when Malik decided to transfer, by all accounts he was the leader of not only the offense but the team, something that always had a lot of value with Gus up to that point.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I remember being shocked when Malik decided to transfer, by all accounts he was the leader of not only the offense but the team, something that always had a lot of value with Gus up to that point.  

He did and it had been.

Just as Nick Marshall saved Gus, I think Bo ended Gus.

• Like 6

So, did D. Davis enter the portal or not? What guys post on social media matters not one bit. According to what I read of NCAA portal rules, the player must go to the school's compliance office and formally announce that he's entering the portal. Then the school has 48 hours to post that information.

247 sports shows Ro Torrence and Reed as entering the portal, but there's no mention of Davis. Did the 247 site miss on Davis, or has he not really entered the portal? Anybody know?

39 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, did D. Davis enter the portal or not? What guys post on social media matters not one bit. According to what I read of NCAA portal rules, the player must go to the school's compliance office and formally announce that he's entering the portal. Then the school has 48 hours to post that information.

247 sports shows Ro Torrence and Reed as entering the portal, but there's no mention of Davis. Did the 247 site miss on Davis, or has he not really entered the portal? Anybody know?

I know his Dad was not please about it so who knows at this time.

32 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Like his dad was caught off guard w/ the announcement?  

I thought there were some immaturity reports recently about DD, this could be a peak into that.  I don't think everyone was pumped about his announcement style 

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I thought there were some immaturity reports recently about DD, this could be a peak into that.  I don't think everyone was pumped about his announcement style 

The "if there are any coaches out there that believe in me, come get me" (IIRC) verbiage did surprise me. At a minimum, it was a severe departure from the typical "Thanks for the opportunity, but..." announcements. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The world is full of immature 18, 19 year old kids. DD ain't got the market cornered on immaturity.  Plenty out there to join him

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The world is full of immature 18, 19 year old kids. DD ain't got the market cornered on immaturity.  Plenty out there to join him

k. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

the-parent-trap-im-not-saying-a-word.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Last year there was an interview with his father and he spoke about seeing your commitment through and persevering through the adversity.  I have a feeling that he may be disappointed in his son for not only transferring, but his comments as well.  This is just my guess from reading how he raised his son, but nothing definative.

• Like 1

Big respect to his dad, but I do worry if he would be worse off coming back. He's now missed a week of practice and the first scrimmage. Even if Harsin allows it, which I'd say is 50/50 at best knowing him, he'd probably have to start at the bottom of the depth chart. He was second string at the start of spring. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 11:45 AM, bigbird said:

the-parent-trap-im-not-saying-a-word.gif

Starting riiiiiight

now!

On 3/29/2022 at 7:13 AM, bigbird said:

He did and it had been.

Just as Nick Marshall saved Gus, I think Bo ended Gus.

He may have put the final nail in but there is a whole line of QB’s that didn’t reach their max potential under Gus to put it nicely. Had he hit more with others, Bo’s play may have been more acceptable and Gus may would have gotten more leeway. The lack of QB development in general is really what did Gus in imo. It’s probably better for DD that he didn’t have to become another QB what might have been under the previous staff. 

Edited by NoALtiger
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Holy Mother of God every thread is subverted in to Gus Malzahn talk 

It's organized to route out the Malazan fanatics...

Seems to be working. There are a lot of noticable absences around right now that will pop up the second a whiff of anything that could be pushed as negative against AUBURN'S head coach is available.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's organized to route out the Malazan fanatics...

Seems to be working. There are a lot of noticable absences around right now that will pop up the second a whiff of anything that could be pushed as negative against AUBURN'S head coach is available.

That's not true. Mis management of the transfer portal continues to be a glaring failure. Anybody who wants to kick Harsin while he's down could start there and wear out a new boot with all the kicks.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's not true. 

That's not true? Would you like me to list them? 

You are the only regular Gus defender. Everyone else just pops in when there is negativity happening.  I applaud your perseverance and dedication to defending Gus, but I'd like to think you would put the same effort into Auburn's current head coach as you had stated you would  previously. 

Since his hire, you have repeatedly taken the side opposed to Auburn. I don't know why, but to pretend there isn't a faction that spams the board and pushes thier negative agenda is silly and either intentionally blind or complicit in the smear campaigns.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/3/2022 at 3:42 PM, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Holy Mother of God every thread is subverted in to Gus Malzahn talk 

200.gif.944cd3ca6eff25b2d17718d70472c2d0.gif

Speaking of the thread's topic, still no destination for DD yet? Wonder how long it plays out. Hopefully he gets picked up somewhere good with a good system fit and QB coach