Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

13 minutes ago, Didba said:

CBH wants to run an NFL offense. Its his whole thing. Its why he emphasizes NFL coaches. There is a reason why there are very few true dual threats in the NFL. 

I agree, but DD with his running abilities could have made defenses honest and maybe created something. The first season was trash and a throw away year . Players didn’t match the system etc. Strictly an opinion, but DD would have been the difference in a few games . 

2 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I agree, but DD with his running abilities could have made defenses honest and maybe created something. The first season was trash and a throw away year . Players didn’t match the system etc. Strictly an opinion, but DD would have been the difference in a few games . 

You aren't wrong that his legs would have brought something.  Maybe he had a tendency to throw it up while on the move cause he could in high school but now with better secondaries he gets picked a ton. No clue. QB is my least knowledgeable position.

Harsin wants a QB that is already on his second read by the time the ball is snapped. Has gotta be tough if you were never in an offense that required that. Maybe DD struggled.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Luckily, we don't have to settle for good enough with CBH.

It's yet to be seen if CBH can even reach good enough. He hasn't come close to good enough yet. When Auburn's all-time offense leader went down, Harsin didn't have a replacement ready that was capable of winning games. He had a spring practice, summer workouts, fall camp and 2/3 of a season to have a backup ready. Instead, he had a handful of nothing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's yet to be seen if CBH can even reach good enough. He hasn't come close to good enough yet. When Auburn's all-time offense leader went down, Harsin didn't have a replacement ready that was capable of winning games. He had a spring practice, summer workouts, fall camp and 2/3 of a season to have a backup ready. Instead, he had a handful of nothing.

Shoulda begged Cord Sandberg and Chayil Garnett to stay and let Finley transfer to Troy instead 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck DD. Thanks for sticking it out. Fans will always find an affinity for their own picks . It is natural. Hopefully both parties will see success.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Apparently, there are maturity issues with DD! Some really good insight in the first few minutes. 

6:12-6:58

Sounds familiar 

And I wholely agree with his Twitter/immaturity take beginning after the 7:00 mark 

18:26-19:03 

States it perfectly

• Like 3

13 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Are you instead saying that none of these would have been successful under Harsin because that is an even more ridiculous claim. 

Of course not, that ridiculously stupid. You missed the point.

Would Dan Marino do as well in a Gus offense?  Would Nick Marshall do as well in a Bellichik offense? No to both. Fit and style matters. DD as much as he tried and as talented as he was, was never a fit for the team being run by CBH.  That's not a knock on either and shouldn't be used as one like some are trying.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would like to ask this:  What number of players transferring out do we start to become legitimately concerned?  Out of all of the coaches who took over a program at the same time as Harsin, Auburn leads in players transferring out.  Ro Torrence has also left, which many thought was a real talent before his injury.  We are having trouble filling out a legitimate two-deep roster for this upcoming season as it is.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

I would like to ask this:  What number of players transferring out do we start to become legitimately concerned?  Out of all of the coaches who took over a program at the same time as Harsin, Auburn leads in players transferring out.  Ro Torrence has also left, which many thought was a real talent before his injury.  We are having trouble filling out a legitimate two-deep roster for this upcoming season as it is.

I would say about 3 coaches and 4 players ago

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Ro Torrence has also left, which many thought was a real talent before his injury

Really? To me he was one of the biggest liabilities last year in the secondary.  Best of luck to him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bigbird said:

Really? To me he was one of the biggest liabilities last year in the secondary.  Best of luck to him.

That was my understanding.  Not only that, but he was playing with an injury last year.  Is that wrong?

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I'm not concerned! The comments from these players leaving tells me all that I need to know about them. The comments from the players that could have left and returned tells me that we are heading in the right direction. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Asking for a friend, but does this classify as "talking down" about a player?

• Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Debates over Joey Gatewood and Malik Willis have certainly been settled.

Update on Gatewood he is at receiver now for UCF....no more QB

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Asking for a friend, but does this classify as "talking down" about a player?

Tell your friend he's a pedantic idiot.

Did I say anything critical that wasn't proven true on the field?

Fact based evidence vs unproven opinion and conjecture.

There is a difference.  I'd recommend trying to discern them

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Update on Gatewood he is at receiver now for UCF....no more QB

I'm shocked...

35 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

That was my understanding.  Not only that, but he was playing with an injury last year.  Is that wrong?

He got banged up, everyone does. That didn't account for bad positioning, angles, or tackling

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

This is the trap I tried to warn folks not to fall into with John Franklin III. There's no guarantee that Davis's mobility would have made him a better overall quarterback than anyone else on roster at any point in the season. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Of course not, that ridiculously stupid. You missed the point.

Would Dan Marino do as well in a Gus offense?  Would Nick Marshall do as well in a Bellichik offense? No to both. Fit and style matters. DD as much as he tried and as talented as he was, was never a fit for the team being run by CBH.  That's not a knock on either and shouldn't be used as one like some are trying.

Just making sure I was understanding you. To argue you're point, I would say no QB does well in any Gus O at Auburn past 2014. Using Gus's terrible scheme and play design at Auburn leads to any QB being unsuccessful. 

I'd say there was nothing Nix was asked to do that scheme wise that wouldn't be a fit for a DD style QB. DDs failing is not as much scheme related, but deficiencies in skills required to be a QB against major football D's. 

And yes, I have seen practice and game film on his as well at watched it with a current D1 coach. He may be successful somewhere but it will not come from a modern passing scheme which is increasingly becoming a requirement for national success.  

35 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Tell your friend he's a pedantic diot.

Did I say anything critical that wasn't proven true on the field?

Fact based evidence vs unproven opinion and conjecture.

There is a difference.  I'd recommend trying to discern them

So countless practice viewing sessions don't count as "on the field".

Doesn't matter if other people saw it, just b/c you haven't seen it yet and don't want to believe it, it doesn't count.  Got it.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Would Dan Marino do as well in a Gus offense? 

Yes.  A HOF QB would make Gus's offense look amazing

• Haha 1