Jump to content
Null

Transfer Portal News & Tracker


Recommended Posts

Players already transferred to Auburn (10):

  • 4* DL Jeffrey M'ba - 6'6" 305 lbs - from Independence C.C.
  • 4* LB Eugene Asante - 6'0.5" 220 lbs - from UNC
  • 4* QB Robby Ashford - 6'4" 219 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* DL Jayson Jones - 6'7" 340 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* QB Zach Calzada - 6'3" 209 lbs - from Texas A&M
  • 4* CB Keionte Scott - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Snow College
  • 3* S Marquise Gilbert - 6'2" 180 lbs - from Hutchinson C.C.
  • 3* CB DJ James - 6'0" 170 lbs - from Oregon
  • 3* S Craig McDonald - 6'2" 190 lbs - from Iowa State
  • 3* WR Dazalin Worsham - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Miami

Players transferred out of Auburn (20):

  • DL Tyrone Truesdell transferred to Florida
  • S Ladarius Tennison transferred to Ole Miss
  • Edge Caleb Johnson is currently in the portal
  • RB Shaun Shivers transferred to Indiana
  • CB Eric Reed transferred to Georgia Tech
  • CB Ro Torrence transferred to Arizona State
  • QB Dematrius Davis transferred to Alabama State
  • DL Ian Matthews transferred to Missouri
  • TE/DL JJ Pegues transferred to Ole Miss
  • DL Lee Hunter transferred to UCF
  • QB Caylin Newton is currently in the portal
  • LB Romello Height transferred to USC
  • DL Daniel Foster-Allen transferred to USA
  • CB Dreshun Miller is currently in the portal
  • WR Kobe Hudson transferred to UCF
  • LB Nick Curtis is currently in the portal
  • DL Dre Butler transferred to Liberty
  • S Ahmari Harvey transferred to Georgia Tech
  • QB Bo Nix transferred to Oregon
  • DL Tashawn Manning transferred to Kentucky
  • WR Elijah Canion transferred to Purdue

Targets

QB - N/A

RB - N/A

WR:

  • Marcus Washington - Texas
  • Joshua Moore - Texas

TE - N/A

OL - N/A

Defensive Line:

  • Myron Warren - Texas
  • Quashon Fuller - FSU

Edge:

  • Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge - Oklahoma
  • Christian Burkhalter - UCLA

Safety/NB:

  • Marvin Grant Jr. - Purdue

 

These are the names I have heard for now. It is worth noting that Auburn is struggling much more than other schools with Progress Towards Degree (PTD) and that has prohibited us from landing 3-4 guys already. It's a very Auburn thing to have academic issues our peers don't appear to have.

I am very pleased though with the players we have added. Numbers wise we have definitely lost a lot more than we have added but I think we have improved at most positions through high school and transfers. The staff won't be pursuing anymore quarterbacks, offensive linemen, tight ends, or linebackers at this point.

Wide Receiver, Edge, DL, and DBs are the priority in the portal as of now.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites





 

This was our #1 target at Edge. Loved his visit and had really high praise for our staff. I am assuming one of four things happened here:

  1. He didn't want to leave the west coast and so he made a somewhat lateral move from UCLA to Cal.
  2. He didn't see the playing time at Edge that he wanted
  3. His PTD might not have aligned with Auburn's academics
  4. He just liked Cal more and felt it was a better option for him

I am currently leaning towards a combination of 1 & 2 but it is irrelevant now. Now we shift to the next guy. The good news is that Edge is set starter wise we're just looking for depth there and someone who can take the reigns next season.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

EDGE is scary. Great starters, only Brooks as depth. We just need a guy who will play technically sound football and handle his assignments. At this point, options look bleak. Wonder if we could go after Marvin Grant at safety and shift Craig McDonald or Zion Puckett to OLB. Maybe Riley/Joko/Gordon get some EDGE snaps 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, au302 said:

EDGE is scary. Great starters, only Brooks as depth. We just need a guy who will play technically sound football and handle his assignments. At this point, options look bleak. Wonder if we could go after Marvin Grant at safety and shift Craig McDonald or Zion Puckett to OLB. Maybe Riley/Joko/Gordon get some EDGE snaps 

Gordon might be a decent backup because he played a lot of edge/rusher in hs

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

 

This was our #1 target at Edge. Loved his visit and had really high praise for our staff. I am assuming one of four things happened here:

  1. He didn't want to leave the west coast and so he made a somewhat lateral move from UCLA to Cal.
  2. He didn't see the playing time at Edge that he wanted
  3. His PTD might not have aligned with Auburn's academics
  4. He just liked Cal more and felt it was a better option for him

I am currently leaning towards a combination of 1 & 2 but it is irrelevant now. Now we shift to the next guy. The good news is that Edge is set starter wise we're just looking for depth there and someone who can take the reigns next season.

Update: Jeffrey Lee confirms it was a playing time issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, au302 said:

 

This is a JUCO guy, but figured this would be the best place to post considering he'd be another summer addition

Thank you! I am in the vast minority in this but I believe JuCo guys are transfers too. They're in college just at a lower level. This is where I'll be sharing JuCo guys as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Shaun Shivers and Caleb Johnson are also portal transfers leaving Auburn. I recall Shivers went to Indiana, but don't remember a destination for Johnson.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, afblue said:

I think Shaun Shivers and Caleb Johnson are also portal transfers leaving Auburn. I recall Shivers went to Indiana, but don't remember a destination for Johnson.

Correct. Not sure why they didn't show on the transfer list I was pulling from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Update: Jeffrey Lee confirms it was a playing time issue.

Can someone ask Lee why we cant land a decent WR if playing time is the reason we cant land any OL or Edge players? PLENTY of playing time available there and we struck on all the top targets. No shot at you Zeek, appreciate the info  you provide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, CR said:

Can someone ask Lee why we cant land a decent WR if playing time is the reason we cant land any OL or Edge players? PLENTY of playing time available there and we struck on all the top targets. No shot at you Zeek, appreciate the info  you provide.

Yeah, good question. How much of it has to do with perception? and how much of it is the position coaches? 

I don't remember us being quite the CB factory that we are now before Carlton Davis, but since then it seems like we have been churning them out even though the position coach has changed. I am wondering if there is somehow the opposite effect on o-line recruiting right now?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Players already transferred to Auburn (10):

  • 4* DL Jeffrey M'ba - 6'6" 305 lbs - from Independence C.C.
  • 4* LB Eugene Asante - 6'0.5" 220 lbs - from UNC
  • 4* QB Robby Ashford - 6'4" 219 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* DL Jayson Jones - 6'7" 340 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* QB Zach Calzada - 6'3" 209 lbs - from Texas A&M
  • 4* CB Keionte Scott - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Snow College
  • 3* S Marquise Gilbert - 6'2" 180 lbs - from Hutchinson C.C.
  • 3* CB DJ James - 6'0" 170 lbs - from Oregon
  • 3* S Craig McDonald - 6'2" 190 lbs - from Iowa State
  • 3* WR Dazalin Worsham - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Miami

Players transferred out of Auburn (17):

  • 3* CB Eric Reed transferred to Georgia Tech
  • 3* CB Ro Torrence transferred to Arizona State
  • 3* QB Dematrius Davis transferred to Alabama State
  • 3* DL Ian Matthews transferred to Missouri
  • 4* TE/DL JJ Pegues transferred to Ole Miss
  • 4* DL Lee Hunter transferred to UCF
  • 3* QB Caylin Newton is currently in the portal
  • 3* LB Romello Height transferred to USC
  • 3* DL Daniel Foster-Allen transferred to USA
  • 3* CB Dreshun Miller is currently in the portal
  • 4* WR Kobe Hudson transferred to UCF
  • 3* LB Nick Curtis is currently in the portal
  • 3* DL Dre Butler transferred to Liberty
  • 3* S Ahmari Harvey transferred to Georgia Tech
  • 3* QB Bo Nix transferred to Oregon
  • 3* DL Tashawn Manning transferred to Kentucky
  • 3* WR Elijah Canion transferred to Purdue

Targets

QB - N/A

RB - N/A

WR:

  • Marcus Washington - Texas
  • Joshua Moore - Texas

TE - N/A

OL - N/A

Defensive Line:

  • Myron Warren - Texas
  • Quashon Fuller - FSU

Edge:

  • Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge - Oklahoma
  • Christian Burkhalter - UCLA

Safety/NB:

  • Marvin Grant Jr. - Purdue

 

These are the names I have heard for now. It is worth noting that Auburn is struggling much more than other schools with Progress Towards Degree (PTD) and that has prohibited us from landing 3-4 guys already. It's a very Auburn thing to have academic issues our peers don't appear to have.

I am very pleased though with the players we have added. Numbers wise we have definitely lost a lot more than we have added but I think we have improved at most positions through high school and transfers. The staff won't be pursuing anymore quarterbacks, offensive linemen, tight ends, or linebackers at this point.

Wide Receiver, Edge, DL, and DBs are the priority in the portal as of now.

Thanks for the list. 

It seems like the PTD issue should be top priority to resolve ASAP given how much impact it can have on the portal. I am not sure if this was related to why Desi Sills didn't join the bball team last year, but c'mon, this should be something that can be figured out if we have similar majors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CR said:

Can someone ask Lee why we cant land a decent WR if playing time is the reason we cant land any OL or Edge players? PLENTY of playing time available there and we struck on all the top targets. No shot at you Zeek, appreciate the info  you provide.

Fair question. I can say that the staff doesn't think we need any portal OL. WR we missed on two quality guys due to PTD. Edge is continued frustration from previous assistant coach who didn't bother to sign one out of high school. Now we're trying to find an edge who is fine with essentially being third string this year but is good enough to possible be the starter next season.

Hoping someone on the roster can step up. Malcolm Johnson Jr as the physical tools to do it and I hope to see King featured more as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This team is so damn thin on talent. We have to pray we stay healthy this year. The DL and TE rooms seem good, maybe RB’s too if Hunter comes back healthy but other than that we so damn thin on talent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

Players already transferred to Auburn (10):

  • 4* DL Jeffrey M'ba - 6'6" 305 lbs - from Independence C.C.
  • 4* LB Eugene Asante - 6'0.5" 220 lbs - from UNC
  • 4* QB Robby Ashford - 6'4" 219 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* DL Jayson Jones - 6'7" 340 lbs - from Oregon
  • 4* QB Zach Calzada - 6'3" 209 lbs - from Texas A&M
  • 4* CB Keionte Scott - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Snow College
  • 3* S Marquise Gilbert - 6'2" 180 lbs - from Hutchinson C.C.
  • 3* CB DJ James - 6'0" 170 lbs - from Oregon
  • 3* S Craig McDonald - 6'2" 190 lbs - from Iowa State
  • 3* WR Dazalin Worsham - 6'0" 185 lbs - from Miami

Players transferred out of Auburn (17):

  • 3* CB Eric Reed transferred to Georgia Tech
  • 3* CB Ro Torrence transferred to Arizona State
  • 3* QB Dematrius Davis transferred to Alabama State
  • 3* DL Ian Matthews transferred to Missouri
  • 4* TE/DL JJ Pegues transferred to Ole Miss
  • 4* DL Lee Hunter transferred to UCF
  • 3* QB Caylin Newton is currently in the portal
  • 3* LB Romello Height transferred to USC
  • 3* DL Daniel Foster-Allen transferred to USA
  • 3* CB Dreshun Miller is currently in the portal
  • 4* WR Kobe Hudson transferred to UCF
  • 3* LB Nick Curtis is currently in the portal
  • 3* DL Dre Butler transferred to Liberty
  • 3* S Ahmari Harvey transferred to Georgia Tech
  • 3* QB Bo Nix transferred to Oregon
  • 3* DL Tashawn Manning transferred to Kentucky
  • 3* WR Elijah Canion transferred to Purdue

Targets

QB - N/A

RB - N/A

WR:

  • Marcus Washington - Texas
  • Joshua Moore - Texas

TE - N/A

OL - N/A

Defensive Line:

  • Myron Warren - Texas
  • Quashon Fuller - FSU

Edge:

  • Nathan Rawlins-Kibonge - Oklahoma
  • Christian Burkhalter - UCLA

Safety/NB:

  • Marvin Grant Jr. - Purdue

 

These are the names I have heard for now. It is worth noting that Auburn is struggling much more than other schools with Progress Towards Degree (PTD) and that has prohibited us from landing 3-4 guys already. It's a very Auburn thing to have academic issues our peers don't appear to have.

I am very pleased though with the players we have added. Numbers wise we have definitely lost a lot more than we have added but I think we have improved at most positions through high school and transfers. The staff won't be pursuing anymore quarterbacks, offensive linemen, tight ends, or linebackers at this point.

Wide Receiver, Edge, DL, and DBs are the priority in the portal as of now.

Three of those,  M'ba, Scott and Gilbert are JUCO guys. They don't come through the portal and don't count as transfers. Their scholarships count against the regular high school/ JUCO limit. Also, Shawn Shivers, Ladarious Tennison and Caleb Johnson left AU through the portal and should be added to the list. At this point, I make it 19 out and 7 in.

Here's a site that's been tracking transfers more accurately than most : https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Season/2022-Football/TransferPortal/?institutionkey=24098

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

t is worth noting that Auburn is struggling much more than other schools with Progress Towards Degree (PTD) and that has prohibited us from landing 3-4 guys already. It's a very Auburn thing to have academic issues our peers don't appear to have.

I don't know about that, Zeek. Coach Pearl doesn't seem to have any problem with getting basketball players in school and the baseball team is loaded with transfers. Is there some reason unique to football that's causing academic problems, or is what we are hearing excuse making?

Prior to right now, this "credits won't transfer" thing might have come up once every three years or so. Admit, there are many more transfers now, but still....Something that's never been much of a problem is suddenly a problem in one sport only? While other sports accept transfers to their heart's content? I find that hard to believe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't know about that, Zeek. Coach Pearl doesn't seem to have any problem with getting basketball players in school and the baseball team is loaded with transfers. Is there some reason unique to football that's causing academic problems, or is what we are hearing excuse making?

Prior to right now, this "credits won't transfer" thing might have come up once every three years or so. Admit, there are many more transfers now, but still....Something that's never been much of a problem is suddenly a problem in one sport only? While other sports accept transfers to their heart's content? I find that hard to believe.

Sills had a similar issue at Auburn. It's probably easier on basketball when you're only trying to fill five spots to identify who academically meshes. I am assuming there is a way to work around it but it has been a recent and frustrating issue for Auburn.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

OL - N/A

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
 

  

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

I can say that the staff doesn't think we need any portal OL.

LOL.

They blatantly tried to recruit ~5+ different transfer OL. When they couldn't pull any of them, they talked Troxell, Brahms, Jackson, and Council into returning.

Low and behold, they didn't want any transfer linemen at all!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Sills had a similar issue at Auburn. It's probably easier on basketball when you're only trying to fill five spots to identify who academically meshes. I am assuming there is a way to work around it but it has been a recent and frustrating issue for Auburn.

 

So last year when they got basically everyone they targeted/wanted out of the portal, it just so happened that absolutely none of them were taking these "strange" majors? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, metafour said:

LOL.

They blatantly tried to recruit ~5+ different transfer OL. When they couldn't pull any of them, they talked Troxell, Brahms, Jackson, and Council into returning.

Low and behold, they didn't want any transfer linemen at all!

I'm saying currently. Just relaying information as I've seen it. I know Dukes has now implied they want to add at least one but we'll see how it goes.

24 minutes ago, metafour said:

 

So last year when they got basically everyone they targeted/wanted out of the portal, it just so happened that absolutely none of them were taking these "strange" majors? 

I'm not saying it's the sole reason we're missing on kids by any means. But the way it's being reported we have had 2-3 that didn't meet the PTD. Not sure of the specifics and what the issue is. 

 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
 

  

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Agreed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

This team is so damn thin on talent. We have to pray we stay healthy this year. The DL and TE rooms seem good, maybe RB’s too if Hunter comes back healthy but other than that we so damn thin on talent 

Time to invest in protective gear.

Bubble Wrap Pain Test on Make a GIF

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
 

  

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️  🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

Exactly. Everybody keeps repeating it but it’s true. As long as OL not addressed, this team will never be in real contention for the SECCG and the playoffs 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Exactly. Everybody keeps repeating it but it’s true. As long as OL not addressed, this team will never be in real contention for the SECCG and the playoffs 

If I were Harsin, this would be driving me nuts. If they don't bring in top recruits this year he's got to reconsider the recruiting approach you'd think. Find/overpay an O-line that can recruit at the highest level. Perhaps bring in more alum with NFL O-line experience to make the development options more attractive. TBH, I am surprised none of this happened this past year. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...