Softball vs Clemson Regional

5 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I don't know that Peralta misplayed that.  Tough over-the-shoulder attempt.  Had it snowconed, bit it slid out, and past the trailing Garcia. Just a lucky placement for Clemson.

Thanks to baseball being in a rain delay I was watching the softball game.   My thinking is that had the infielder played that properly and stayed out of the way, the outfielders, Packer in particular, would have made the catch.

The freshman being used to having to make all the big plays may have something to do with it. She'll learn to do her job and trust her teammates to do theirs as she matures.

Penta pitched a helluva game and deserved better.

• Like 2

Cox not having good at bats today. Just blowing heaters right by her

Horrible discipline that inning pretty much kills anything going to get the lead back.  First interference by Garcia at the plate when Schmidt stealing 2nd. Then Schmidt left early the next pitch

• Like 1

Just now, Jad0003 said:

I hope I’m wrong but this game feels like one we won’t win. 

Yea, another flame out postseason unless Bri bombs another run or two. 

Single by AU

AU hitter obstructs the catcher on a stolen base attempt. Called out

Followed by base running error when we left to soon on a hit

Yikes 

Edited by AUGoo

4 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

I hope I’m wrong but this game feels like one we won’t win. 

Definitely feels like one we're going to lose. Not sure why Penta isn't pitching, it's an Elim game. I know she's gone the full 7 the past two games but it's all or nothing right now. 

Dean has Yarborough warming up.... Why? Our 4th string should not be seeing the field in an elimination game that we are tied in 2-2. Very puzzling. 

2 minutes ago, wde2021 said:

Dean has Yarborough warming up.... Why? Our 4th string should not be seeing the field in an elimination game that we are tied in 2-2. Very puzzling. 

Because our #2 and #3 pitchers aren't good enough to pitch better against a team that just played 11 innings. It's sad but true and has been the biggest issue all season. We're a 1 pitcher team because Lowe could never get fully healthy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Because our #2 and #3 pitchers aren't good enough to pitch better against a team that just played 11 innings. It's sad but true and has been the biggest issue all season. We're a 1 pitcher team because Lowe could never get fully healthy.

And Yarborough had a shoulder issue. Dismukes had knee surgery... Supposedly Lowe is having surgery over the summer. And Yarborough did only throw 7 or 8 pitches in her last outing against UGA to retire the side... who knows...

Hope Peralta spends the entire off season fielding grounders. Another error by her has the lead off hitter on base in the bottom of the 5th.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wde2021 said:

Well the kid had performed well prior to covid and been injury prone since... who knows... maybe she is healthy now.. would be great for a UF like performance from her if she does come in.... but again this game is about who wants it more...

Single and runners on 1st and 2nd.

Runner is out cause she left 1st early and they don't have any more reviews.

So just a runner on 1st now with 1 out. Now the lineup turns over.

Runner steals 2nd.

2 run homer. 4-2 Louisiana

Auburn broadcast saying the dugout is lifeless at the moment. Not a good sign. I really hope our freshman signee pitcher is ready to go next season.

Another base hit for Louisiana.

Wow... CMD is not a good HC..... He may be a good pitching coach but AU wasted money on another 4 years with his contract extension.....  5 or 6 errors.... we are getting beat because of coaching...

More miscommunication between Peralta and Garcia on a little blooper to shallow left. Peralta tries to catch it, drops it, but luckily able to throw to 2nd for out 2 or it would have been another error.

Dean comes out to talk to the entire infield and he's not happy.

Runner caught stealing. Thank goodness the inning is over.

edit: 4-2 Louisiana T6th 6 more outs to score runs or our season is over.

Edited by tgrogan21

Well he has not proven he can win in the postseason yet.  I guess I was also fooled by how good we looked early with the cupcake schedule.  I do think the talent is better with these freshmen and new class coming. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU1947 said:

Wow... CMD is not a good HC..... He may be a good pitching coach but AU wasted money on another 4 years with his contract extension.....  5 or 6 errors.... we are getting beat because of coaching...

I have not watched much softball this year. I’ve r read a little of what y’all have been saying about CMD.

HAVE to say I’m beginning to agree. This team is just sloppy. Even I can see that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Well he has not proven he can win in the postseason yet.  I guess I was also fooled by how good we looked early with the cupcake schedule.  I do think the talent is better with these freshmen and new class coming. 

It's not 100% of Dean, you can't expect your best pitcher from last season to have a year-long injury. I think he could have done a lot of things better but when you lose Denver Bryant and Shelby Lowe ... that hurts.

Team is definitely better all-around than last season but I think if he doesn't get multiple wins in the SEC and National tournaments next season then the writing should be on the wall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess I was also fooled by how good we looked early with the cupcake schedule.  

I believe I did as well. I remember being wowed at how explosive our hitting was. We have to keep that momentum going into conference play next year and hopefully have a healthy pitching staff. 

Edited by TD1
  • Like 2