Gender Affirming Hysterectomies advertised by Boston CHILDREN’s Hospital

TexasTiger

Hysterectomies at a children’s hospital?

EDITED TO ADD:

Evidently, Boston Children's Hospital made the original video private.  This is re-upload of it. - TitanTiger

• Facepalm 1

Live your life.  Allow others to live theirs. 

Deal with the consequences of your decisions.  Others will deal with the consequences of their decisions.

This issue has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

• Like 1

Deal with the consequences of your decisions.  Others will deal with the consequences of their decisions.

Correct. Children should most definitely have hysterectomies performed on them and they should deal with the consequences of those decisions. It is their life. Society is always best off when we let children make such decisions.

• Haha 2

Correct. Children should most definitely have hysterectomies performed on them and they should deal with the consequences of those decisions. It is their life. Society is always best off when we let children make such decisions.

Sure, children are making these decisions with no parental, no professional oversight.

Clearly, the government needs to step in.

The hysterical call for big government.

I don't see any downsides to society.  

We are already overpopulated. And if the girl/women in question decides later it was a mistake, there are - and will be - plenty of children available for adoption.

Itchy's right.  Live and let live.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don't see any downsides to society.  

We are already overpopulated. And if the girl/women in question decides later it was a mistake, there are - and will be - plenty of children available for adoption.

Itchy's right.  Live and let live.

You don’t see any downside in manipulating a child into getting sterilized?  Would there be a downside to allowing that child to go through puberty and then make the decision?

Over populated?  Really?  Is this a AGW thing?

• Like 1

Performing "gender affirming" hysterectomies on children is medical malpractice and child abuse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

You don’t see any downside in manipulating a child into getting sterilized?  Would there be a downside to allowing that child to go through puberty and then make the decision?

Over populated?  Really?  Is this a AGW thing?

I certainly see harm in "manipulating" anyone to do anything not in their interest.

But that wasn't part of the discussion. In fact, there were no circumstances mentioned at all.

Yes, the world is overpopulated, which is the the general problem with degradation of the world's environment.

I certainly see harm in "manipulating" anyone to do anything not in their interest.

But that wasn't part of the discussion. In fact, there were no circumstances mentioned at all.

Yes, the world is overpopulated, which is the the general problem with degradation of the world's environment.

If you talk a child into something that is not their original thought, its manipulation.  Very few children would originate the idea that they need to be sterilized.  It has to come from a parent, doctor, or teacher and as Titan puts it, child abuse.

• Like 2

Are you high?  

You don't perform surgery on physically healthy children, removing correctly functioning organs, based on feelings about their gender.  Not only are you making permanent, life-altering, unnecessary changes to them they may later regret, but it introduces serious side effects to them at a much earlier age than they should experience them such as menopause.  And this ends justify the means nonsense doesn't make it ok either.  

I swear the world is losing its ******* mind.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you talk a child into something that is not their original thought, its manipulation.  Very few children would originate the idea that they need to be sterilized.  It has to come from a parent, doctor, or teacher and as Titan puts it, child abuse.

I agree.

Not sure about the rest.  First you have to define "child", which everyone is assuming because the piece in question referenced a "children's hospital". 

Does that necessarily mean all patients are younger than 18?

Edited by homersapien

Are you high?  

You don't perform surgery on physically healthy children, removing correctly functioning organs, based on feelings about their gender.  Not only are you making permanent, life-altering, unnecessary changes to them they may later regret, but it introduces serious side effects to them at a much earlier age than they should experience them such as menopause.  And this ends justify the means nonsense doesn't make it ok either.  

I swear the world is losing its ******* mind.

I am just being precise.   The video said nothing about age or circumstances.  And my original point was I didn't see any harm to society that was being proposed. 

One can certainly argue that harm is being done to the patient, but that requires a scenario and expounding on circumstances that wasn't addressed in the video.

To put it another way, if an 18 year-old wants a hysterectomy after appropriate therapy, medical guidance and input from her parents, it's none of my business.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

I totally agree. For adults. Having adults essentially decide to end a child’s fertility? Perhaps you agree with the 1920’s Supreme Court decision allowing others to make that decision for people of lesser intelligence.

Unfortunately, what medical professionals are allowed to do to children has very much become a political decision.

• Dislike 1

I am just being precise.   The video said nothing about age or circumstances.  My original point was I didn't see any harm to society that was being proposed. 

One can certainly argue that harm is being done to the patient, but that requires a scenario that wasn't addressed in the video.

To put it another way, if an 18 year-old wants a hysterectomy after appropriate therapy, medical guidance and input from her parents, it's none of my business.

Sure. Not sure that happens at a children’s hospital.

• Like 1

Sometimes, there are people who do not fit within the "norms".  Let's try to understand them.

Let's not use a one minute video and assume we know better.

I’ve always be fine with folks not fitting in the “norms.” Always been fine with transgenderism since the first time I heard of someone being a transsexual (previous common term) almost 50 years ago— Renee Richards. I have since had transsexual friends. I think they should be free from discrimination and treated with dignity and respect, like anyone else. But when you and others are just fine with adults making the decisions kids aren’t equipped to make about something as fundamental as fertility, you’re the one assuming you know better.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just FYI - my wife has worked at two pediatric hospitals, including Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Technically pediatrics covers anyone age 21 or younger, it's just we're not used to associating that term with older children. From that standpoint, what is being discussed here may be fine, though I will admit I'm a little uncomfortable with someone making this decision even at 21. There are still so many experiences, in my opinion, that the average person needs to have to make an informed decision like this.

Having said that, there are people that aren't average, and the option should be open. If you can choose to die for your country, certainly this decision (among others) should not be denied to you.

• Thanks 1

I’ve always be fine with folks not fitting in the “norms.” Always been fine with transgenderism since the first time I heard of someone being a transsexual (previous common term) almost 50 years ago— Renee Richards. I have since had transsexual friends. I think they should be free from discrimination and treated with dignity and respect, like anyone else. But when you and others are just fine with adults making the decisions kids aren’t equipped to make about something as fundamental as fertility, you’re the one assuming you know better.

That statement doesn't fly logically.

Assuming that "just fine" (a prejudicial way of saying what could better be expressed as 'none of my business') - means not actively preventing or interfering with another "adults" decision regarding their child, does not assume "you know better". 

Just the opposite.  Interceding to circumvent their decision is assuming you know better (by definition).

Having said that, it all depends on circumstance - especially the age of the "child".  Also, I seriously doubt there is an actual problem - as is being assumed - with young children receiving hysterectomies.  That would seem to violate all professional and ethical standards of providers IMO. 

Edited by homersapien

Performing "gender affirming" hysterectomies on children is medical malpractice and child abuse.

Do you truly know enough science in order to make this statement?

This is not being done with malice or, neglect.

Do you believe these doctors are ghouls?  Do you truly believe the parents are out to harm their own children?

Just FYI - my wife has worked at two pediatric hospitals, including Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Technically pediatrics covers anyone age 21 or younger, it's just we're not used to associating that term with older children. From that standpoint, what is being discussed here may be fine, though I will admit I'm a little uncomfortable with someone making this decision even at 21. There are still so many experiences, in my opinion, that the average person needs to have to make an informed decision like this.

Having said that, there are people that aren't average, and the option should be open. If you can choose to die for your country, certainly this decision (among others) should not be denied to you.

I agree somebody 18 and above can make that decision even though some 18 old's may not be mature enough to understand the effects but there has to be a line where we consider people to be capable of making their own decision and 18 usually has been that line.  If happening at  a younger age I agree that is child abuse.

• Like 1

The old,,, I have a black transexual friend statement.

No, I am not assuming I know better.  I am assuming doctors and parents know much, much more about a child who they are continually caring for than you and  your political views.

• Like 1

Do you truly know enough science in order to make this statement?

Yes.  It's insanity to perform life-altering, health-altering, irreversible surgery on perfectly functioning organs to children based on expressed feelings.  Especially since the overwhelming majority of children expressing gender dysphoria as children change their minds by their mid to late teens.  One doesn't need a medical degree or doctorate in science to understand this concept.

This is not being done with malice or, neglect.

They may not think it is, but it is.  It's inexcusable.

Do you believe these doctors are ghouls? 

Yes.  Or insane.

Do you truly believe the parents are out to harm their own children?

I don't think the vast majority think that's what they're doing.  They're deceived by a lie into thinking they're helping by permitting this sort of thing to be done to a child.  They aren't helping.

• Like 2

Yes.  It's insanity to perform life-altering, health-altering, irreversible surgery on perfectly functioning organs to children based on expressed feelings.  Especially since the overwhelming majority of children expressing gender dysphoria as children change their minds by their mid to late teens.  One doesn't need a medical degree or doctorate in science to understand this concept.

They may not think it is, but it is.  It's inexcusable.

Yes.  Or insane.

I don't think the vast majority think that's what they're doing.  They're deceived by a lie into thinking they're helping by permitting this sort of thing to be done to a child.  They aren't helping.

I suppose you really do know what is best.